FoxTactic's - Righteous Arcer\Surgeon - No update for 1.2

"
Madzak wrote:
I feel stupid for asking this, but how does Fox get 100% light res with flasks? I use a lvl 3 empower with 21 PoL and have 84% light res. That is nowhere near 100%, with flasks. I just died to my first atempt on normal Atziri on the clones because of reflect. My ARC dps is 20.3k...

He played this build on Patch 1.1 with a completly different Passive Tree.
You got +4% max Lightning Resist just from the Tree back then. I cant remember if he had flask nodes but i guess with 100% Resi he had them.

You can't tank the Mirrorphase like he did anymore. Take a singletarget Spell like Tendrils, Stormcall or Flamesurge.
Last edited by broiler1337 on Jan 22, 2015, 1:45:21 PM
"
broiler1337 wrote:
"
Madzak wrote:
I feel stupid for asking this, but how does Fox get 100% light res with flasks? I use a lvl 3 empower with 21 PoL and have 84% light res. That is nowhere near 100%, with flasks. I just died to my first atempt on normal Atziri on the clones because of reflect. My ARC dps is 20.3k...

He played this build on Patch 1.1 with a completly different Passive Tree.
You got +4% max Lightning Resist just from the Tree back then. I cant remember if he had flask nodes but i guess with 100% Resi he had them.

You can't tank the Mirrorphase like he did anymore. Take a singletarget Spell like Tendrils, Stormcall or Flamesurge.

Thanks alot for coming back to me.
Makes this build less reflect viable. I almost kill myself to reflect every other map, since my arc chains off screen. My dps on arc is now 20.5K. Just managed to vaal another empower 3 to 4, running both a "4" in helm and a "4" in chest. When my enhance hits 3, the dps will go even higher, since my RF gem is affected by that. Makes reflect even more scary:o Not to mention should the arc actually crit, it's GG.

I copied the setup MinaGing used and I feel that without a spell echo in the chest, flame surge is not as brutal, fun and efficient to use. Must look into how I can change that...
Last edited by Madzak on Jan 22, 2015, 9:59:41 PM
"
Just managed to vaal another empower 3 to 4

Dude, I’ve lost like four empower gems to vaal.
Hello everyone !

Right now, I'm leveling a Witch to try out my take on a ES-based Righteous Fire build, and I intend to play it as a Righteous Arcer. Of course, my actual build and tree will be quite different from the 1.3 versions of this build but I try to see what works and what doesn't for other similar builds.

My whole build is set up right now and I know how to make it work, but there's juste one thing that makes me wonder in this thread : why do you take Cast Speed nodes in the tree ? I haven't seen any standard Arc build getting specificly Cast Speed nodes on the tree, and when I tried to take 3 Cast Speed nodes (so 12% Cast Speed) on my Witch, it didn't increase my DPS that much for the investment made. However, this character is only at lvl 31 right now so things may still change a lot. That's why I would like to know if taking Cast Speed on the tree would be a good DPS boost for Arc later on, when I get more spell damage and better stuff.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering how my ES-based Righteous Fire works, don't worry : there'll be a guide when I hit lvl 80 or higher with this character and manage to run it successfully !

Thanks in advance for your answers :)
Cast speed works great with spell echo.
"
Vadler wrote:
Hello everyone !

Right now, I'm leveling a Witch to try out my take on a ES-based Righteous Fire build, and I intend to play it as a Righteous Arcer. Of course, my actual build and tree will be quite different from the 1.3 versions of this build but I try to see what works and what doesn't for other similar builds.

My whole build is set up right now and I know how to make it work, but there's juste one thing that makes me wonder in this thread : why do you take Cast Speed nodes in the tree ? I haven't seen any standard Arc build getting specificly Cast Speed nodes on the tree, and when I tried to take 3 Cast Speed nodes (so 12% Cast Speed) on my Witch, it didn't increase my DPS that much for the investment made. However, this character is only at lvl 31 right now so things may still change a lot. That's why I would like to know if taking Cast Speed on the tree would be a good DPS boost for Arc later on, when I get more spell damage and better stuff.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering how my ES-based Righteous Fire works, don't worry : there'll be a guide when I hit lvl 80 or higher with this character and manage to run it successfully !

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Good luck! Im really curious on how you gonna make it work.
The reason you take castspeed nodes is, as said by path23leech, it's good with spellecho. You wont notice it on early lvls, just like attackspeed on phys builds but it scales greatly into the late game.

I tried to Theroycraft a few Es based builds before, but you are dropping Eldich Battery (obviously) so you cant run a high lvl Arctic Armor. Also you lose Lightning coil. This and the Stun/Freeze Problems of CI made me not do it.

Lets hope you surprise us with a solid build! :)
Thanks for the answer !
I'll see what cast speed brings DPS-wise endgame then :)
Since I consider running Flameblast instead of Flame Surge in the 5 or 6L with Righteous Fire (I really dislike Flame Surge right now and for some reason I have reconsidered my views on Flameblast), cast speed may also work very well with that.

Right now, my intensive studies take a lot of my time so I'm leveling slowly, especially I'm trying it out on Bloodlines with no money on this league, just to see how it can work in these conditions. But the guide will come, one day (holidays will help to that too :p) !
For some parts, I think I'll have to improvise when I get to the right level but I think I can get enough health along my ES to not worry too much about freezing if I have a flask set up for it ; as for stuns, if it really is a problem, I think I can still grab Unwavering Stance for a few skill points :)

We'll let time and trial talk and see what happens with this idea !
Currently using a Crit Arc build with my lvl 92 Scion, considering switching to RF, would this be a wise idea? I currently have 36k tooltip dps, mostly because of all the crit I have I think, using a 6L CoD with Arc, Spell Echo, Faster Casting, Lightning Penetration, Increased Critical Damage and Empower. I sometimes switch Empower for Life Leech for more survivability and Increased Critical Damage for Power Charge on Critical, when I feel too lazy to manually curse stuff myself, when my setup doesn't allow for Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark.

Also for the RF build I have this tree in mind, it's the one posted somewhere up here but slightly altered for Scion with way more cast speed;

The nodes I picked last were the 3 cast speed nodes towards Path of the Savant, and Savant itself, I feel I could easily swap those for 4 life nodes if survivability is a problem, but I kind of like the idea of having tons of spell damage from RF, and then tons of cast speed from passives.

Any help improving this would be much appreciated <3

Edit;

After looking over my tree again today I decided to just remove the 5 nodes towards Path of Savant, and the mana reserved node at Leadership for Heart of the Warrior and Unwavering Stance, making it really tanky;

This version has less cast speed but I think in the end the extra survivability outweighs the loss of a bit of DPS, tell me what you guys think! <3
Last edited by KittyAPM on Jan 30, 2015, 10:44:28 AM
A quick update about how my ES-based Righteous Arcer is going !

I lvled with Arc and Flameblast directly with the tree (but I had the damage nodes from the Witch starting area, now I switched them to the Templar area) and it actually was kinda painful at some points, especially at the end of Merciless : having a lot of ES is great but once it's gone, you can't regenerate it unless the recharge kicks in so you're left with like 1,500 life, that's really not enough.

I switched to Righteous Fire at lvl 69 and it worked out quite great ! Still, it still remains an expensive build (with a very good synergy with Vertex, so it works much worse in a new league), costing around 4-5 ex to get going. Right now my gear costs around 13-14 ex and I think I will be sitting on it for quite a while.

Spoiler

I got that chest later, I started with a 500 ES 4L chest which I bought for cheap. I think the build will really start to shine at lvl 86, when I get the last two damage nodes from Templar along with the energy shield passives above the Witch to get much tankier. So it remains an endgame build.

Lvl 78 right now, clearing 72-73 maps without a problem (except for 72 bosses like Shock and Horror which can kill you pretty easily). I'll make a guide out of it when I hit lvl 86 I think :)
Hello everyone once again !

I have a question concerning the links of Flame Surge and Righteous Fire : I see why you put Enhance and Empower with them but I'm wondering if the 12% spell damage and 2% more spell damage you gain from RF really make a difference or if Flame Surge really benefits from those gems.

Actually, I only have a 5L with RF + Conc Effect + Spell Echo + Flame Surge + Increased Burning Damage/Fire Pen (it depends)
I'm lacking DPS nodes for the moment (but sitting on top of 7k ES and 2k life is sweet) and thus, I'm searching for ways to increase my DPS and I thought about changing my gem links, so that's where my question came from.

My gems are not 20 yet, not speaking of 20/20 so that may be a reason for such a low DPS also.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info