Rebalancing Corrupted Area and Invasion Bosses (Locked May 16)

"
Hilbert wrote:
"
The item rewards from these bosses have been rebalanced to be more consistent and fair. None were decreased.

Insignificant rates.
I killed all invaders before and most after patches.
20 Minutes outranging metalsmith for white/blue junk no thx....

"
The damage of the more dangerous ones has been decreased.

One shot is still oneshot.

Balancing around 90% and change the damage to balance it around 85% is still poor balancing.

You haven't even seen it yet. The changes to exiles was far more than 5% this last patch. I'll be the first to join in if nothing really changes but seriously at least wait to see how it ends up.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Invader bosses should have a different loot drop than rogue exiles, something like much less quantity with much higher rarity. Currently the only noticable difference is that exiles drop far more stuff.

As for their balance- the concept of invasion was great, but the implimentation fairly terrible, and theyve already had a pair of mostly poor rebalancing attemtps. Be nice to see it finally done right this time.

And +1 to corrupt zones spawning in maps. Few players want to run content 20 levels under them to access content 10 levels under them. Feels like this lesson should already have been learned from all the complaints regarding similar problems with the map system.

IGN: KoTao
"
Bosses that use Storm Call now have an effect that accurately indicates the area of effect

Thank you. I got max stack storm call from offscreen invader. Didnt saw the marker effect in the middle of a mob pack, i just saw the thunders and instant rip. 5,5k hp, 79 lightning res, spell block. (74 residence, only pack size and magic mobs roll).

After the balance i think i'll try again hc... and poe playing.
Level 100 Ranger fb_stnemesis
Level 100 Witch fb_HungarianWitch
Level 100 Scion fb_scioonn
In game mostly at CEST 6PM-8PM (not every day), except weekends
I feel attack/cast speed for these dangerous uniques is a far more pressing issue than their raw damage. An attack which deals a lot of damage but which is telegraphed still preserves a sense of danger (think Oversoul Slam); an attack which deals damage (weak or not weak) but which is not telegraphed well is essentially a gear check. I feel a properly challenging boss incorporates elements of both, having both gear-check and telegraph-avoid elements to the fight; my concern is that lowering the damage will remove the telegraph-avoid elements and reduce these monsters to gear checks, which are, by their nature, something which either isn't a problem during the fight, or is a problem without a good solution during the fight.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I feel attack/cast speed for these dangerous uniques is a far more pressing issue than their raw damage. An attack which deals a lot of damage but which is telegraphed still preserves a sense of danger (think Oversoul Slam); an attack which deals damage (weak or not weak) but which is not telegraphed well is essentially a gear check. I feel a properly challenging boss incorporates elements of both, having both gear-check and telegraph-avoid elements to the fight; my concern is that lowering the damage will remove the telegraph-avoid elements and reduce these monsters to gear checks, which are, by their nature, something which either isn't a problem during the fight, or is a problem without a good solution during the fight.

yeah,like the EK spider,it's a spell,so it can't miss or be blocked (except for spell block,which most characters lack),and if you are not a high armor char,get ready for death in 2-3 spams of EK.
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
The item rewards from these bosses have been rebalanced to be more consistent and fair. None were decreased.

Insignificant rates.
I killed all invaders before and most after patches.
20 Minutes outranging metalsmith for white/blue junk no thx....

"
The damage of the more dangerous ones has been decreased.

One shot is still oneshot.

Balancing around 90% and change the damage to balance it around 85% is still poor balancing.

Amazing how you can complain about future updates of which nothing is in game yet already...
"
You haven't even seen it yet. The changes to exiles was far more than 5% this last patch. I'll be the first to join in if nothing really changes but seriously at least wait to see how it ends up.

This doesn't only apply to the Flameblast exile. Invaders are pretty much the same.

I remember Vaal Metalsmith killing everybody who couldn't leap away from the totems because of a totem spawning right next to the doorway. And I didn't see any changes on them but "we made weak invaders stronger and strong invaders weaker" but I still see the same invaders oneshotting 100% defensive builds in videos.
Boring outranging Gameplay-->No Thx.

You maybe like playing Hamsterwheelgrinding MMO with Pseudodifficulty.
The droprates are still worlds away from CB and as long they are that bad high tier players will still RMT.-->No Thx

"
Amazing how you can complain about future updates of which nothing is in game yet already...

Let's call it experience from horrible changes beginning with OB Launch.
Last edited by Hilbert on Apr 21, 2014, 4:39:19 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Content update 1.1.3 includes a rebalance of bosses in Corrupted Areas and the Invasion league.

Overwhelmingly, feedback on Invasion (and Corrupted Area) bosses is that they're unfairly hard. While we've previously toned them down several times, it became clear that a larger scale rebalance was required. We wanted to retain the feeling of danger, while making sure that players had time to react and choose whether to engage the bosses.

This rebalance is still ongoing and being tested internally, but our current work has involved:
  • The item rewards from these bosses have been rebalanced to be more consistent and fair. None were decreased.
  • Defensive values of these bosses have been reduced substantially. They're not all super tanky any more.
  • Their resistances have been reduced and made consistent. They're not heavily resistant to a single element now.
  • The damage of the more dangerous ones has been decreased.
  • Bosses that summoned additional monsters have been changed to summon fewer monsters. This should also help with graphical performance.
  • Bosses that use Storm Call now have an effect that accurately indicates the area of effect.
  • Flameblast used by these bosses now looks different than the player version.
  • Corrupted areas are going to receive their own map mod balance (as opposed to using the same ones that our end-game map system currently uses). They're generally the same mods with decreased values. Some of the heavily-build-restrictive ones (like Blood Magic) are gone.

We're expecting to deploy this update late next week.

I've been playing a lot of invasion lately.

In my opinion, the invasion bosses are AWESOME and even some of them still need to be buffed a bit.

I have build myself tanky, I'm level 84 with a lot of block and spell block!

Still, I think it's so great to actually have challenging fights.

I really, really hope that you won't make the invasion bosses as poor fights as the rest of the unique signature bosses. The challenging bosses (and perhaps along with some better loot) is what really makes this game KING!

Edit: I can highly recommend people to return to Invasion league. It's a BIG challenge, but they're killable and so are exiles! COME COME
IGN: Caydranth
Last edited by NgjnMaster on Apr 21, 2014, 5:37:00 AM
"
AusterlitZ wrote:
yeah,like the EK spider,it's a spell,so it can't miss or be blocked (except for spell block,which most characters lack),and if you are not a high armor char,get ready for death in 2-3 spams of EK.

His flicker is way moar dangerous not to mention viper strike.
"
NgjnMaster wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Content update 1.1.3 includes a rebalance of bosses in Corrupted Areas and the Invasion league.

Overwhelmingly, feedback on Invasion (and Corrupted Area) bosses is that they're unfairly hard. While we've previously toned them down several times, it became clear that a larger scale rebalance was required. We wanted to retain the feeling of danger, while making sure that players had time to react and choose whether to engage the bosses.

This rebalance is still ongoing and being tested internally, but our current work has involved:
  • The item rewards from these bosses have been rebalanced to be more consistent and fair. None were decreased.
  • Defensive values of these bosses have been reduced substantially. They're not all super tanky any more.
  • Their resistances have been reduced and made consistent. They're not heavily resistant to a single element now.
  • The damage of the more dangerous ones has been decreased.
  • Bosses that summoned additional monsters have been changed to summon fewer monsters. This should also help with graphical performance.
  • Bosses that use Storm Call now have an effect that accurately indicates the area of effect.
  • Flameblast used by these bosses now looks different than the player version.
  • Corrupted areas are going to receive their own map mod balance (as opposed to using the same ones that our end-game map system currently uses). They're generally the same mods with decreased values. Some of the heavily-build-restrictive ones (like Blood Magic) are gone.

We're expecting to deploy this update late next week.

I've been playing a lot of invasion lately.

In my opinion, the invasion bosses are AWESOME and even some of them still need to be buffed a bit.

I have build myself tanky, I'm level 84 with a lot of block and spell block!

Still, I think it's so great to actually have challenging fights.

I really, really hope that you won't make the invasion bosses as poor fights as the rest of the unique signature bosses. The challenging bosses (and perhaps along with some better loot) is what really makes this game KING!

Edit: I can highly recommend people to return to Invasion league. It's a BIG challenge, but they're killable and so are exiles! COME COME

I agree to this so much! These unique bosses is what makes invasion leagues so much fun for me. It would be a sad thing if GGG responded too heavily on the feedback from people wanting them nerfed.
Shadow masterrace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info