Content Update 1.1.3 Compiled Info (Locked May 16)

"
Chris wrote:
and invasion bosses

For the THIRD time in a row. Jesus christ, just scrap invasion and admit it was a failure.

Also fire the guy responsible for monster balance.
Why is it that the Dev's can't ever be bothered to give us the full patch notes? Rather than giving us a few tidbits of information. Every other game out there has the decency to give their players full details of the update information.

It would be nice to see mob AI changes, new items added and stats, full skill and stat changes, etc. Currently, the only way we get this information is if players manage to find the items, and have the decency to share that info with the rest of the player base.

As far as vendor recipes, i can see that being something that players need to discover on their own, but there are still some that haven't been found from much older patches. Hints to players as to one of the items or requirements for the recipe would benefit everyone.

On a side note. Seriously?! Wings and a Seraphim armor set? What happened to not introducing anything that changed the realism of the game? Where are there angels mentioned? Where are there any proof of angels? We can't have pants, or clothing changes, but we can look like some non lore friendly impractically armored Seraphim angels? Given magic in game, the other existing weapon and armor effects would be possible.

However, since we're throwing what makes sense out of the window. Give us some better clothing options, pants, and some different character model options for Pete's sake!
"
Why is it that the Dev's can't ever be bothered to give us the full patch notes?

Not sure if you're referring to the thread you're posting in, but I thought he stated pretty clearly that these aren't the patch notes.

As far as giving the public more info on certain skills, I can definitely see where you're coming from. I've never been interested in making a summoner, but the fact that a level-1 Raised Zombie appears to be the same as a level-20 Raised Zombie is a little bit off.
I do, however, believe that it's good to leave out some of the data. It's good for the community to get together and gather data on rates and numbers.

I don't think the wings are out of place, though. IIRC, Fairgraves is wearing a *HUGE* pair of wings in docks.
"
cloud01 wrote:
Why is it that the Dev's can't ever be bothered to give us the full patch notes? Rather than giving us a few tidbits of information. Every other game out there has the decency to give their players full details of the update information.

"
Chris wrote:

Please note that these are not the full patch notes! The full ones will probably be posted on Wednesday.

Did you even read the post? They always give the patch notes when they are ready with the update, they just give little previews before hand. Try paying attention. GGG are by far the best developers I've ever come across.

And here are all the patch notes:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/patch-notes
Last edited by Innoxx on Apr 28, 2014, 2:16:28 PM
"
Innoxx wrote:
"
cloud01 wrote:

"
Chris wrote:

Please note that these are not the full patch notes! The full ones will probably be posted on Wednesday.

Did you even read the post? They always give the patch notes when they are ready with the update, they just give little previews before hand. Try paying attention. GGG are by far the best developers I've ever come across.

And here are all the patch notes:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/patch-notes

Yes i read the complete thread. Even on old releases the full patch notes aren't there. Simply stating added x items designed by x doesn't give anyone a clue as to what the unique's are. Also, stating that they fixed x quest doesn't explain what was wrong with it before and what has been changed. Telling us they added recipes doesn't tell us if they are for currency, items, item upgrades, or something completely new. As, i stated previously they still never mention what is involved in the recipes, or even hint at an item. Count the recipes that have been added in all of the patch notes, and cross reference that with what has been posted on the wikia (only player updated). There's quite a few missing still. Who is to say that those recipes aren't from 1.0.0 or even 0.9._

While the Develeopment Manifesto is great, it's horribly vague, and really should be more along the lines of, "hey, here's what we are working on or thinking of working on. What do you bloaks think about this?" at least imo.

"
ydrinkcoke wrote:

I don't think the wings are out of place, though. IIRC, Fairgraves is wearing a *HUGE* pair of wings in docks.

On max settings those aren't wings, but chains attached to the boat and he's strapped to an anchor. He has no wings. No one has wings in the game for that matter.
I imagine Vaal Reave as basically being one giant swipe that covers the whole screen. (thinking like full screen demon hand cleave :P)
"
cloud01 wrote:
Yes i read the complete thread. Even on old releases the full patch notes aren't there. Simply stating added x items designed by x doesn't give anyone a clue as to what the unique's are. Yeah, who wants the fun of seeing a new unique drop and not knowing what it is? I'm not a huge redditer, but I always love popping on to see what new ones people have discovered.

Telling us they added recipes doesn't tell us if they are for currency, items, item upgrades, or something completely new. As, i stated previously they still never mention what is involved in the recipes, or even hint at an item. Count the recipes that have been added in all of the patch notes, and cross reference that with what has been posted on the wikia (only player updated). There's quite a few missing still. Who is to say that those recipes aren't from 1.0.0 or even 0.9._ You must not have been around for the fun of when the gcp 20% quality gem was finally revealed, and the blow up that ensued. To me, there aren't a ton of additions to the game that really strike out to me as game-changing (even "broken" uniques like windripper are like a "oh cool" type moment). The fallout and complete change and impact to the economy were incredible, and something I will always remember in the game. If Windripper had been added in some random patch like 1.0.3, I would never remember that.
tl;dr New recipes add a lot of cool interactions, and are a nice addition for people who enjoy puzzles, and to surprise people when they vendor what seems like arbitrary and ordinary items.

While the Develeopment Manifesto is great, it's horribly vague, and really should be more along the lines of, "hey, here's what we are working on or thinking of working on. What do you bloaks think about this?" at least imo. meh. you seem like someone who likes to be spoonfed everything, but I think (like the wings being brought up in manifesto) it is a great place for people to voice their opinions before it is added.

I love this game. Thanks GGG for smart patching done right!
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Hamallainen wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Added an option to constrain the mouse pointer to the window, while in windowed mode. This option is off by default.

Talking about mouse settings, would it be feasible to have an option to change the colour of the mouse cursor ?
Because i regularly lose sight of it in the heat of a battle, especially since i use glacial cascade.

I'd love to see some cursor MTXs... =^[.]^=

Ah no please, that would be pay2win if we need mtx to see our mouse cursor better :)
"
Added an option to constrain the mouse pointer to the window, while in windowed mode. This option is off by default.

good, i died few times on this back in Onslaught
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info