What's Being Kept from Ambush/Invasion? (Updated July 4)

I would like to see the monster variety increased significantly beyond what is added in Invasion. Less reskins, more NEW monsters. Lower pack size, increased variety. The more the better here, seriously.

As for Invasion bosses, I would love to be heading to the Dweller of the Deep only to find a Mother of the Hive. Make it random, and more likely on higher difficulties. Allow area bosses, side quest bosses, and any other boss that has a relevant upgraded counterpart to sometimes spawn in its place.

With Ambush, I'd say make strongboxes as a whole spawn ONLY SLIGHTLY less often... But make the loot significantly better. Cartographers boxes could spawn as often as now, with less but better maps.

I would also like to take this opportunity to request my suggested implementation of cutthroat.
Found here. ---> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/829410/page/6#p7150751

Oh and uh... You should add new skill and support gems in bulk rather than only one or a few at a time. This way the WOW period of trying to figure out how the gems work with all the existing gems is significantly longer. Also, fewer quest reward gems and more world drop only. Or even crafted.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
rrtson wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Ambush League
The ambush chests are great fun and will be integrated into the core game. Their spawn rate will probably be reduced slightly, and we'll have to rebalance how Cartographers ones work in end-game Maps (currently they're incredibly effective at dropping higher maps - this is an experiment we're currently willing to let run its course).

One of the currently most beloved aspects of Ambush is the Cartographer's chest. People enjoy having sustainable maps at high levels. This is what motivates people to stick around and play more endgame content.

In standard, endgame players constantly hit a brick wall of RNG when trying to sustain high-level maps and it's beyond frustrating. Frustrating != challenging. Instead of motivating people to play more, unsustainable high-level maps are making people lose interest in their characters, because they're always being forced to grind low-level maps that are already mind-numbingly easy.

Your introduction of Cartographer's chest in Ambush obviously solved this frustration. Why would you want to rebalance (nerf) their spawn rates when so many people enjoy that mechanic?

They never want you to be able to sustain high level maps. Why do you think you can get 2 levels higher than what your doing but you can get maps 9 levels lower. That is the one aspect of end game maps to this day I cant believe isn't addressed. atleast make it 4 levels lower at worst, but getting a 67 map while doing level 76 is pure stupidity on GGG's part that they wont address
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
"
gorlace616 wrote:

They never want you to be able to sustain high level maps. Why do you think you can get 2 levels higher than what your doing but you can get maps 9 levels lower. That is the one aspect of end game maps to this day I cant believe isn't addressed. atleast make it 4 levels lower at worst, but getting a 67 map while doing level 76 is pure stupidity on GGG's part that they wont address

This.

Having no mid/high-level maps to play is so frustrating to me, and it has caused 3 of my friends to quit the game. I haven't got a single character past lvl 84, cause that's just about the highest you can get with <72 maps - currently I'm down to lvl 69 maps again. Even in Ambush I've run out of maps, haven't seen a cartographer's in a map in a while.

I kinda agree that +5 chest level is a bit high, so decrease it to 3 but let it work in non-map areas as well. Got a +5 Cartographer's with increased quantity in Scepter of God Vaal area the other day, only to get ~10 66 maps, which are almost worthless. Why limit the level of map-drops outside maps to 66? Let Dominus drop up to level 70. This still wouldn't be enough, but it would at least be a start.

Drop rates of maps totally ruin an otherwise pretty nice endgame system :(
As a player who loves playing solo as much as partying (when it doesn't lag my computer), strongboxes make solo play much more enjoyable. They NEED to be a core part of the game as they make the gaming experience more fun, and also help gearing and gaining currency. I've found a cartographer's strongbox recently in my many dock runs and WOW was it awesome to get multiple maps with some rare and some common. I don't have much experience in endgame mapping, but I think cartographer's should be an essential part in sustaining your number of maps. It is understandable to reduce the spawn rate of strongboxes slightly. I recommend 10-15% less :)

As for invasion, I've only experienced invasion during the 2 week charity race and that was amazingly fun. At the same time, seeing invasion bosses often was pretty neat, but I think they should appear at a similar rate as nemesis mods. As for the invasion monsters...they were pretty uninteresting. I don't think normal mobs invading should be implemented. I say this because I did not find them as fun to fight as invasion bosses nor did they add any "flavour" to progressing in the area.

Edit: I haven't seen a unique strongbox yet, but I can't tell if bringing them to the core game is a good idea.
Last edited by Sungazer12 on Jun 8, 2014, 2:04:35 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Unique Items
We generally do not add unique items from challenge leagues to the full pool when the league ends. With Ambush/Invasion we are examining our roster of Unique Quivers, and may allow these to spawn after the leagues end. If this is going to happen, we will let the community know well in advance.

With approximately a month left in the league, are we going to hear about something about now about whether these quivers will spawn outside the leagues?
"
Felix35071 wrote:
I would like to see the monster variety increased significantly beyond what is added in Invasion. Less reskins, more NEW monsters. Lower pack size, increased variety. The more the better here, seriously.

As for Invasion bosses, I would love to be heading to the Dweller of the Deep only to find a Mother of the Hive. Make it random, and more likely on higher difficulties. Allow area bosses, side quest bosses, and any other boss that has a relevant upgraded counterpart to sometimes spawn in its place.

With Ambush, I'd say make strongboxes as a whole spawn ONLY SLIGHTLY less often... But make the loot significantly better. Cartographers boxes could spawn as often as now, with less but better maps.

I would also like to take this opportunity to request my suggested implementation of cutthroat.
Found here. ---> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/829410/page/6#p7150751

Oh and uh... You should add new skill and support gems in bulk rather than only one or a few at a time. This way the WOW period of trying to figure out how the gems work with all the existing gems is significantly longer. Also, fewer quest reward gems and more world drop only. Or even crafted.

yeah, no kidding, tired of all new gems always being able to be easily gotten from quests, give us some nice rare skills and supports please.

also to add. love the strongboxes, keep em, adjust the worthless ones, to be less worthless, like Chemist boxes. Also fix it so that when a box has a Unique item mod, they actually drop an item type for that box, lol.

As for invasion, those stupid boring bosses can just be deleted when leagues over, IMO.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Last edited by MasterAxe on Jun 9, 2014, 5:27:40 PM
"
Felix35071 wrote:

Cool idea. But to prevent an OP progress blocker in the beginning, this should only happen if you already have the quest solved, so never at the first time...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
MasterAxe wrote:

yeah, no kidding, tired of all new gems always being able to be easily gotten from quests, give us some nice rare skills and supports please.

also to add. love the strongboxes, keep em, adjust the worthless ones, to be less worthless, like Chemist boxes. Also fix it so that when a box has a Unique item mod, they actually drop an item type for that box, lol.

As for invasion, those stupid boring bosses can just be deleted when leagues over, IMO.

Yeah I would absolutely love for the patch notes to say "Ten Gems added. 6 Skill Gems, 4 Support Gems" and nothing more. Maybe define how many of each color, but that's it. Let us players have the thrill of the unknown!
I like the invaders though.

"
treffnix wrote:
Cool idea. But to prevent an OP progress blocker in the beginning, this should only happen if you already have the quest solved, so never at the first time...

I agree, that would avoid the chance to hit a progress wall, and wouldn't affect races. It would also provide some incentive to do boss runs, as the higher difficulty encounters would obviously result in better loot.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Any information on

"
Unique Items
We generally do not add unique items from challenge leagues to the full pool when the league ends. With Ambush/Invasion we are examining our roster of Unique Quivers, and may allow these to spawn after the leagues end. If this is going to happen, we will let the community know well in advance.

less then a month to go, and I was making good on these but this week the price flat lined, so someone knows something that I don't
Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Jun 13, 2014, 10:12:56 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has said this already, but adding a map mod which includes an invading unique could be pretty fun - in the same way that Rogue Exiles got a prefix.

If anything, just to include the option for returning to a nostalgic fear of being jumped by an invading unique.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info