Client Performance (Updated June 16)

"
MCSMvsME wrote:
I was surprised when I found out that actually sound is slowing my FPS and loading. When I playing without sound my loading time is less than half, and overall game become smooth especialy in party.

I wish GGG will investigate this.

You can reduce your loading significantly by installing the game on a SSD drive.

FPS and loading times have to be seen as separate topics, I think.
Last edited by Startkabels on Apr 21, 2014, 6:06:49 AM
It would be nice if you could consider switching to - or supporting OpenGL to get rid of the directX overhead and thus have a great performance increase. On top of that it would make it easy to natively support Linux or other unix like operating systems and Valve would kiss your hands for having a new 'killer app' on their steamboxes.
Yeah ask Steam for a lot of money! =)
"
l33tus wrote:
Is there any chance to get an option to downgrade the spell/skill visual effects?

These effects look awesome, really... but those who don't have the financial chance to buy a proper pc can't enjoy the party play, and it is the cause of lots of death. (less than 5fps sometimes)

I love the visual effects up to 2-3 players, but above that the game become unplayable for me, and there is no chance to buy a new machine, not these days, not in my country. :(

fear the cold of my heart ...
"
l33tus wrote:
Is there any chance to get an option to downgrade the spell/skill visual effects?

These effects look awesome, really... but those who don't have the financial chance to buy a proper pc can't enjoy the party play, and it is the cause of lots of death. (less than 5fps sometimes)

I love the visual effects up to 2-3 players, but above that the game become unplayable for me, and there is no chance to buy a new machine, not these days, not in my country. :(

Agree. I have to stop playing my CoC cause some spell cause too much lag, and i don't even have time to react if some mob going through my spell and hit me to dead.
I'll help test Right-To-Left/Bi-Directional text if you want (Hebrew, mixed with other languages, etc).
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
"
sidtherat wrote:
Couldnt you just add an option to disable the offending part? We all know what these are. And sadly weve got an answer that 'that would ruin the atmosphere' but i hope that was simply a joke.

Please do tell me you're a troll......
This whole game is one huge gorefest,without it,it's nothing.
You honestly got the testicular fortitude to come to a game that has been advertised as being gory,bloody,and very dark,and ask for an option to disable them?
Are you alright there Mr. Or do you need some help?
It's as if i'd go to any of the need for speed game forum and asked them to disable the car engines because i find it offensive how much pollution they create.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
Couldnt you just add an option to disable the offending part? We all know what these are. And sadly weve got an answer that 'that would ruin the atmosphere' but i hope that was simply a joke.

Please do tell me you're a troll......
This whole game is one huge gorefest,without it,it's nothing.
You honestly got the testicular fortitude to come to a game that has been advertised as being gory,bloody,and very dark,and ask for an option to disable them?
Are you alright there Mr. Or do you need some help?
It's as if i'd go to any of the need for speed game forum and asked them to disable the car engines because i find it offensive how much pollution they create.

i think you read something else that i wanted to say

to reiterate:

'please let us disable particle effects as these decrease performance below bearable level'

i have a monster rig and this game still can go below 20fps. game that has average graphics (but nice art) and pretty much looks like 90's. and it has capability to stall a rig that can play bf3 and bf4 AT THE SAME TIME
Please make enable/disable graphic effect function.
This always makes visual chaos specially extra gore.
Party play? sigh....

I've never realized that graphic effect could make my screen so dirty.

So much white/blue items and graphic effects in the field makes my eyes blind.

THIS IS A VISUAL TERROR!

Last edited by netreader01 on Apr 21, 2014, 2:26:16 PM
Ohh,by offending part i figured you're one of those who can't handle pixel gore.
My bad :(
I think the lack of options to reduce the particle effects is affected by how the engine runs at the moment.
Then again,they said that they got more improvement on the way,both for graphics,and how the engine handles them,so if that's true,perhaps you won't even have to turn down graphics just to run maps in groups.

Because right now it's kind of ridiculous that every time i open a rare chest i have to pray that not only will it not have too many hard mods,but that it won't freeze my game.
For a game that has got hardcore ladders this is quite an issue,pair that up with the horrid desync which renders certain skill combos basically useless (Cyclone+faster attacks+Multistrike for example) and you have in fact quite broken game for what it's supposed to be and do.

I don't think that giving an insight to playerbase on what might or might not happen in closer or further future really helps,if anything,it elevates the anger some have against some broken aspects of the game that has existed since it got released to the public because that shows that those fixes could of been worked on way sooner.

No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info