Client Performance (Updated June 16)

Hi GGG,

I was wondering. For computers with a lot of RAM, could you create an option to pre-load/retain the most recently visited town, most recently visited hideout, and most recently visited zone all in memory? I'd really love to avoid the disk loading delay on all of those transitions as I go back and forth from maps to sell stuff.
"
Souleus wrote:
Hi GGG,

I was wondering. For computers with a lot of RAM, could you create an option to pre-load/retain the most recently visited town, most recently visited hideout, and most recently visited zone all in memory? I'd really love to avoid the disk loading delay on all of those transitions as I go back and forth from maps to sell stuff.
They'd need to develop a 64bit version of the game to accomplish that. Currently it is limited to 2GB of RAM even if you have more.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Are there any updates to the OP? Namely:

Ribbons: While I identify fireballs and (maybe) firestorm as notable examples of the new tech, the dragon MTX seems to use the old, particle heavy variant and I couldn't name other examples besides possibly arctic breath.

Incinerate seems a worthy candidate seeing as the common gmp variant is possibly the most projectile heavy skill save for various CoC setups.

Text rendering: Opening chat/noticeboard will still roughly halve FPS whether you're on a decade old P4 + 430gt combo or an i7 + GTX Titan. Has there been any improvement so far? Will there be?
I believe with MTX they will "try" to not modify them if it can be helped as it is something people have purchased, however they've previously shown complete disregard for this limitation they imposed upon themselves at least multiple times now.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Nov 23, 2014, 9:00:57 AM
I'm going to put this in here. Path of Exile performance in WINE is troublesome at best and is the sole reason I'm not playing hardcore. I (and probably a LOT of others) would really really really like a Linux version of this game.
Fear the army of dots:
..............................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................
I'm sure that a dumbed down version of the effects of spells party members use can be implemented such as to make it possible for us to toggle said visuals on or off purely client side (got a good pc=all good enjoy the awesome graphics, got a bad pc= remove tick on visuals=enjoy game without having your screen seize every time someone discharges or spams gmp freezepulse ).Should work as disabling any other graphic or texture feature.Would really appreciate to see a feature like that and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
"
Khine wrote:

Please do something about shader compilation lag.

Being a wine user myself, i would love it if GGG manages to solve this problem.

Up to today, my deaths are either caused by client crash (dominus second form should have appeared), or large desync, or shader/gfx neverending load time.

It seems like wine-staging somewhat performs better but it's still not as enjoyable as a game should be.
Please give us the option to turn off environment effects like rain & fog. I think most people appreciate maintaining good FPS over how the game looks. Those who don't can just keep them on.
There's no downsides, many other games have this. I can't figure out why you don't.
does this include an update for the mac client?
"
sidtherat wrote:
Couldnt you just add an option to disable the offending part? We all know what these are. And sadly weve got an answer that 'that would ruin the atmosphere' but i hope that was simply a joke.

Also try to work on I/O lag used when performing stuff for the first time. I have a monster rig,poe on ramdisc and gtx770 (previously sli setup) and using animate weapon for the first time means ~1sec lag. I wonder how it is like for guys with medium specs..

And look tino shadercache. It is the only cache i know that works best EMPTY

i am not sure what you are doing there maybe you have some problems with your setup or need to be configured better i am running less than you GTX 750 8gb ram and I5 4590 and i have none of thoes problems it runs great even when there is a lot going on and i get a good 60fps . so i say it's not the game maybe your setup . but it is great to see they are making the game better for everyone . They are not huge like blizzard so they do what they can with there small team but they are doing a great job keep it up GGG :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info