Content Update 1.1.2 and Checkpoints

'Updates' get worse every time lmao, and down she goes!
I'm happy with new additions; Arc buff is awesome and the new unique hammer fits perfectly for it.

But i really dislike the balance (aka probably nerf) to invasion bosses.
"reduced the drop rate of Vaal Orbs"
Hope this isn't a big nerf, the droprate felt ok to me.
Quite surprised by this addition of checkpoints to be honest.
It always felt to me like a good thing if you were forced to redo an area or two after death.
You died, you weren't ready for what you encountered.
In normal redoing two areas is usually enough to gain a level.
Also "zerging" play had a cost of repeated tps.
And in parties, you dying would cost someone else a tp, potentially an additional social cost.
The game sent a clear message that even though you weren't playing hardcore dying was a bad thing.
Now.... Not so much?
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
fadekill wrote:
And here it comes: The beginning of the casualisation... I'm fine with this update but I sincerly hope it doesn't go further in this direction. I'm curious if they delete THE HINT in the loading screens that says something like "creating a portal is a good way to jump right back into action when you die". hum.

That was my initial thought. Hopefully checkpoints will only work on Normal difficulty. Otherwise, there won't be much use for portals anymore.
"
still waiting on a retail version so we can play it offline and no issue about desync and stuff…
I would pay 60 USD easily

Well you are going to be waiting for quite some time (forever).
Checkpoints don't affect me, since I play strictly HC, but I really have to wonder why they would make death-spam a more legit strategy. Seems counter to what the game stands for. More and more they seem to be drifting from their original intentions.
smoke minde doesnt tele mobs now, well done... another nerf
try to navigate labirynt maps now...
Last edited by mall78 on Apr 7, 2014, 11:03:25 AM
"
mall78 wrote:
smoke minde doesnt tele mobs now, well done... another nerf
try to navigate labirynt maps now...

Really not happy with this :/

Didn't really nerf the effectiveness of summoners, just made them more difficult/less fun to play.

What kills me is that you gents actually spent development time on something that is going to make the game less fun for players. Where is the logic in that?
always good stuff. Great update, <3 you GGG
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info