Content Update 1.1.2 and Checkpoints

holy...

my friends self-cast arc shockmachine witch will go through the roof now :D i was waiting so long for a viable arc. seems we finally have one! GG GGG! Storm Call Vaal Gem, insane addition to my Storm call Witch ;-) Actually, i think i love this patch very much!

and tbh, all this QQ about smoke mine and "OMG summoner nerf again" stuff will vanish soon. Summoners were viable in one way or the other since at least open beta.

Every now and then a new Start arises (snapshot, cast on death, bubble guys, degen bears,...) and gets nerfed or not. But in the end summoners will prevail, like they did in the past 2 years.

I also want to mention that i love GGG's attempt to buff underused skills. Next on the list Frost Nova, Shock Nova, Frost Wall, Punishment?

all in all, great patch, worth the long waiting time ;-)

and summoners (i play one too btw, 78 atm), mean up pls, you behave like little sissies, which is rather strange compared to how badass you seem to feel...
Not being able to adapt to new situations in a game that is all about customization is like crying out loud: "i am so bad at this game that everything that changes my build wrecks me because im too bad to adapt."
"
Skilez wrote:

and tbh, all this QQ about smoke mine and "OMG summoner nerf again" stuff will vanish soon. Summoners were viable in one way or the other since at least open beta.

Every now and then a new Start arises (snapshot, cast on death, bubble guys, degen bears,...) and gets nerfed or not. But in the end summoners will prevail, like they did in the past 2 years.

Exactly that...every time we get a shiny new toy, it gets taken away by a kindergarden playground bully.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
good update.
Personally i m gonna wait a little bit more (rng balances, skill tree balances, skill balances ) till i start playing again, but, these are good notes.
still waiting on a retail version so we can play it offline and no issue about desync and stuff…
I would pay 60 USD easily
seriously, checkpoints thing should work only in normal, maybe cruel too, but not in merci. i hate to sound like an elitist, which im not not, but this really feels like a hand holding even if its minor
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
Oh good, VP is still broken for melee CI builds. I was worried there for a minute that I might actually want to play again.
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
"
GoBBLeS666 wrote:
You could also remove or do something else about the instance timeout, some time?

I often find some gear I want to check out in the safety of town, and lose track of time, to find my TP is gone. I then have the same problem of wading through already run through instances.

Any solution to that?

Perhaps some sort of warning tone or message when a TP of yours is 1 minute from closing due to instance closing.

Something like that would have saved me a number of times.

Excellent idea. I'll suggest adding some vfx to the sfx, like some sort of instability with the portal (lightning, flickering, anything cool Russell (vfx guy) would come with ;) ).
It will greatly help managing the instances.

And nice to see Arc finally got some improvement!

Thanks GGG!
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
Nice! I really feel this will help new players A LOT, as they already have so much to learn..
IGN Ken__Kaniff
It will be good, to show a full list of path changes. :]
Yesterday I desync'ed in the Chamber of Grins and died to some completely harmless zombies. Needless to say, I did not use a portal scroll in anticipation of dying to zombies; though I had obviously forgotten that the true #1 enemy in Path of Exile are narrow doorways.

As my computer is of substantially low quality, it takes 18 to 180 seconds to load every zone. Oftentimes when I use a town portal, it brings me to an instance of a town filled to the butt with people, which then kicks me to the loading screen and kills the portal.

In short, checkpoints alleviates some of the general poopiness somewhat. Thank you, merciful one.

Please don't listen to the "please kick me in the balls harder" brigade on this one. It's enough I get to dance one on one with Dominus in merciless at 8 frames a second (with a party it's a fp/minute), I don't need getting booted to the log-in screen on top of that.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Apr 7, 2014, 8:49:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info