[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Hello everyone,
Im in need of some help, id like to roll an extra suffix on this weapon but now i dont know what adds the most to my dps... the 10-14% fire damage or the 25-34% increased spell damage?
Thanks
"
breesos wrote:

Hello everyone,
Im in need of some help, id like to roll an extra suffix on this weapon but now i dont know what adds the most to my dps... the 10-14% fire damage or the 25-34% increased spell damage?
Thanks

i see a lot of confusion:
spell damage is a prefix, fire damage is a suffix.
you cannot add spell damage because you already have a spell damage roll and it isn't the hybrid spelldmg/mana (this one cannot be added with crafting benches anymore).

anyway i see 6 mods already on the sceptre so you cannot add anything.

it is a good sceptre though, don't be too disappointed.

btw spell damage is better than elemental and fire damage if the amount is the same since all the damage you deal is spell damage, elemental damage won't benefit the chaos damage portion if you use added chaos gem, and fire won't benefit light/cold damage if you are using heralds.
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
Can someone please tell me if "1% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life" from Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Sceptre applies to flame totems?
And if it does, does the totem heals iteself for the damage done or does it heals you?
Thank You
Can someone please tell me if "1% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life" from Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Sceptre applies to flame totems?
And if it does, does the totem heals iteself for the damage done or does it heals you?
Thank You
it does and it heals totems...
can someone post the best flasks for this build
"
can someone post the best flasks for this build

as all around flasks i think the best are 2-3 instant heal divine flasks (seething/bubbling) with anti freeze, bleed and maybe shock, divination distillate and 1-2 quicksilver flasks (extra charges and extra movement speed or curse immunity).
granite and res flasks can also be useful in some situations.
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
I'm not sure if it's been asked yet, but why 2 different links for Flame Totem? I can see that one is with Rarity in a 4L on boots and the other is 6L without Rarity.

Do you just use both at the same time and hope the Rarity + Culling linked totem culls everything, or do you use 2x 6L totems until a rare/boss is low HP and then pop 4L Culling totems to finish the job and get extra rarity?

Also, in a group setting, wouldn't you just use Heartbreaker and swap out added chaos for Rarity in the 6L and just rarity + cull everything? I've never used Heartbreaker, but I'm assuming the reason for it is so Totem will cull without being linked to Culling Strike.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to do the same when running solo, and free up another 4L for something else?
Somebody has been sneaking into the allotment and putting top-soil on the ground... the plot thickens!
"
I'm not sure if it's been asked yet, but why 2 different links for Flame Totem? I can see that one is with Rarity in a 4L on boots and the other is 6L without Rarity.

Do you just use both at the same time and hope the Rarity + Culling linked totem culls everything, or do you use 2x 6L totems until a rare/boss is low HP and then pop 4L Culling totems to finish the job and get extra rarity?

Also, in a group setting, wouldn't you just use Heartbreaker and swap out added chaos for Rarity in the 6L and just rarity + cull everything? I've never used Heartbreaker, but I'm assuming the reason for it is so Totem will cull without being linked to Culling Strike.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to do the same when running solo, and free up another 4L for something else?

Yes you are right, due to the dps in 6L not being that high with IIR gem over added chaos/fc i chose to have 2 totems in invasion.

Now tho in 1.3 with Celestial Punishment and some other extra dps nodes i feel you can swap Faster Casting with IIR if you have an 6l.

And about the heartbreaker part, thats indeed that i did so i could keep in faster projectiles and also GMP, so we dont need culling strike on an weapon.
You can also try to get an wand with culling implicit vaaled on it.

But in the end i was running 400iir without the gem, so even when i dindt cullnormal/magic mobs with culling totem i would get enough rares to fill my whole inventory in 77+maps.

"
expjah wrote:

Yes you are right, due to the dps in 6L not being that high with IIR gem over added chaos/fc i chose to have 2 totems in invasion.

Now tho in 1.3 with Celestial Punishment and some other extra dps nodes i feel you can swap Faster Casting with IIR if you have an 6l.

And about the heartbreaker part, thats indeed that i did so i could keep in faster projectiles and also GMP, so we dont need culling strike on an weapon.
You can also try to get an wand with culling implicit vaaled on it.

But in the end i was running 400iir without the gem, so even when i dindt cullnormal/magic mobs with culling totem i would get enough rares to fill my whole inventory in 77+maps.

Thanks for answering. I think I'll just use the 4link for a second CWDT for extra survivability, or maybe something else.
Somebody has been sneaking into the allotment and putting top-soil on the ground... the plot thickens!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info