[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

has no one noticed he really needs to stop using herald of ash and added fire since they are based on physical?
the past like 10 posts of this thread really question the validity of this build and have some good questions. hope they get answered
"
opethsland wrote:
"
Skyte87 wrote:

First of all, ur gems are not even at lvl 20/20, thats already a huge DPS loss. The DPS posted by the OP are asumming u have those, so ye.

Second, ur Flame Totem gem lacks 20% Quality - that's 60% EXTRA HP ur missing out on, which would've boosted their survivability by tons.

Third, your Armour values on your gear is WAY below that of the OP's. You can easily get 5L 1k+ Amour chests quite cheaply and also 1k+ Shield for when u need to tank, so get those as priority.

Fourth, Sheet DPS doesnt take into account the amount of projectiles, so 1.2k is actually 1.2k x 5 projectiles x 2 totems = 12k DPS. That is respectible for a non-crit build and doable up to lvl 77 maps.

Anyway I think those are the problems after seeing ur post, hope this helps :)

Yeah, sure it helps a lot.

I didn't have this considerations in mind, especially the quality of the gems. Only one of them I could raise to 4%, I think, and that's mainly because finding good items to make currency has been quite difficult for me, because since the start of the torment I haven't been able to play the amount of time I planned.

I'll also check better body armor, cause this one I got early in the league and thought it would be fine.

As heralds go, I took out the herald of thunder and am running ice + ash with only 500 life reserved. Right now my life pool is 2.4k, which makes me survive a little bit. I've been dying a lot to strongboxes, just because of lag and performance issues and tht's what made me think my armor sucks bigtime...

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

you should read what skills do before using them.
your totems deal no physical damage so herald of ash won't add anything to your dps (the overkill damage is just negligible).
also if you really want to use heralds i suggest you wait for them to be at about level 15 before using them. if you do remember that thunder is better than ice and fire doesn't work at all. also you could go for elemental weakness if you use both of them.

using flammability on a cast when damage taken is retarded.
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
Last edited by dolan_grey on Jan 6, 2015, 5:32:20 AM
Is it a good idea to get the 2 end charges from the tree and one from oak in merc? Or would it be too hard to keep those charges up constantly?
"
broseidon07 wrote:
the past like 10 posts of this thread really question the validity of this build and have some good questions. hope they get answered

The build is viable, I'm using a different version on Bloodlines but still the BM double totem concept and it's great.
"
Snoozles wrote:
Is this build still viable to solo run dominus and level 78 maps including these maps bosses?

Threads seems old and un updated

Also im asking if its viable for hardcore, aka bloodlines

Its actually alot better now with more damage for flame totem, possibility to run heralds if you can manage it and also with introducing of masters alot easier to gear.

Tho i'm not playing the build myself, i know some people who are mapping in bloodlines with double andvarius and such, bloodlines requires alot less hp then invasion/beyond.

The thing is that it is even possible with Witch/Templar and marauder now due to tree changes.
Just a quick question, why not run a 2h with this build to get iir and iiq on the culling totem and still have a good dps totem if you're in torment? It's what I was thinking about doing, but I'm not real good at doing this end game thing to make sure I'm not super squishy.
"
Furkinstein wrote:
Just a quick question, why not run a 2h with this build to get iir and iiq on the culling totem and still have a good dps totem if you're in torment? It's what I was thinking about doing, but I'm not real good at doing this end game thing to make sure I'm not super squishy.

hi i'm playing this build in standard i have 83 quantity and 348 rarity in a 6 link chest, with just one andvarius ring it's almost impossible to cap all the resist without a shield (lot of resist from the passive tree). if u are planning to play in party just use an Heartbreaker for culling strike, for solo play with a decent wand you can easily reach 2000+ paper dps, not bad for a magic find build.
"
Furkinstein wrote:

This is like an mixup of question but ill try to answer it.

There are points in the tree that cap you when holding an shield, and indeed as Ghismo explained it gets harder to cap your gear if you wear andvarius rings.

The armor+resistances from an shield fit the build very well since we still get the occasional hits like from Maze Vaal (Rocks) and maybe some desync strikes, if you have less then 4000armor in 74+ maps with this build there is an possibility if you dont play safe that you can get oneshot by something.

If you want to go another skill and with 1 culling totem that could be possible too, but then this build isnt that optimized for something else then totems, would prolly still work tho but the power from flame totem is that you dont need spelldmg gear to make it strong.
I've done maybe 250 Dominus runs at ~450 IIR now on bloodlines. Not an amazingly high number of runs, but enough to see that what I suggested a few pages ago works. I have no interest in running higher maps with this, there're much more fun builds to do that with.

There's no point running dominus at 1.2k dps. Do Piety until you start approaching 2k.

You don't need 20/20 gems. I have 2k DPS on 18s without many on quality, and using one herald (no slots for a 2nd, I guess I could switch portal out to an alt slot but meh). You don't need quality on totems either - you have to recast them a lot. I have Doryani's invitation so Dominus runs are fine for me.

You also don't need a 6L. I think the 5th slot as fire pen is better because it means you cut right through anything with resists and it's much easier to roll the colours.

Tree

Gear
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 13, 2015, 12:35:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info