[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
_PBS_ wrote:
The Templar version looks terrible.

You look terrible!
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAwJqLjPnd2fwJqsBmogAEs4Kb7SDhc-w4kFUnL3GFwBoaOEbXsUJRYE99gFYGOSSLJ-3E9j0PCfbUfAYO-JMQzMauPC23Ps9-rY3ZYRkudqxqO2oe0iFXDYIH8kEUcdl8378OPErELKf2rljlZp6j8lor-tIWbzbpJKr5vQagZIQ_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-CvIvXz8aPj38jM_2SFhjxtjwH1BH7w4UIONqaPJ7IP6HwxNj_XrmTeP-j6ZXOuHyRdq5r2xM_4qv

This might be better - you'd need windscream though, but they fit pretty well with this build. The main problem is still going to be low on life, but this build takes a fair bit more. I also took another dex node at no cost and increased damage by quite a lot.
Last edited by NoImagination on Dec 7, 2014, 7:21:06 AM
Hello! I've wanted to try a magic finder character for a while and now I'm leveling my marauder with the dual totems and getting the objects to start farming dominus and piety as soon as I hit lvl 65 or so. I was wondering if instead of using your flame totem culling setup, I use a "Bear trap/Culling strike/Item rarity/Item quantity)

I won't spent anything on the heartbreaker and I can use a sceptre to boost the ele damage permanently.

What do you think?

"
NoImagination wrote:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAwJqLjPnd2fwJqsBmogAEs4Kb7SDhc-w4kFUnL3GFwBoaOEbXsUJRYE99gFYGOSSLJ-3E9j0PCfbUfAYO-JMQzMauPC23Ps9-rY3ZYRkudqxqO2oe0iFXDYIH8kEUcdl8378OPErELKf2rljlZp6j8lor-tIWbzbpJKr5vQagZIQ_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-CvIvXz8aPj38jM_2SFhjxtjwH1BH7w4UIONqaPJ7IP6HwxNj_XrmTeP-j6ZXOuHyRdq5r2xM_4qv

This might be better - you'd need windscream though, but they fit pretty well with this build. The main problem is still going to be low on life, but this build takes a fair bit more. I also took another dex node at no cost and increased damage by quite a lot.

Dual curse is handy but not needed, i guess many people will still wear just +30rarity on boots with stats or goldwyrm boots.
Yes, that's true.

With this build you spend most of your time doing Piety or Dominus runs, so double curse is pretty useful for killing the bosses at the end. But Windscream is only +10% move speed and loses IIR (plus life) so maybe it doesn't actually save time at all. It's hard to say without timing a couple thousand runs and counting rares or something.
How do shock mechanics work? If you use a lightning trap, do you just have to deal a crit with it? Does it do damage directly despite Ancestral Bond? Does it have to do damage to apply shock?

I ask because shocking becomes more useful in 1.3 due to Celestial Punishment & the various +5% chance to shock passives. I played this build with lightning trap when I first tried it but didn't really notice it doing much.
Last edited by NoImagination on Dec 9, 2014, 3:52:18 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
How do shock mechanics work? If you use a lightning trap, do you just have to deal a crit with it? Does it do damage directly despite Ancestral Bond? Does it have to do damage to apply shock?

I ask because shocking becomes more useful in 1.3 due to Celestial Punishment & the various +5% chance to shock passives. I played this build with lightning trap when I first tried it but didn't really notice it doing much.

Im actually gonna use fire trap or some vaal skill instead of shock nova.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAPfxYY8bY9kjEWF8_7w4UIBo-KS58uPIvVw3xrNlhdqzPfq2NGS4n7Qn21HwGDsT2ffVRYE99gFYGOSSLPQ88LUz_aPKvbASzogDwH-FzmjuCm-w4GjiQVScvRtdxhcAa2rmxQtIh2XyCB_JBFHFyqWoBl7RVqQ4837_2rnhpLKc1kti9_gq3PsauSshuqrXyZIQ_J6Q50IFH4iLiFSAqTQag-JOMRiu2EMxFR8BmLJwRLXyDzfq4kzLRh2UQWDI0r7eD2wQHHwIulJeFNPchsPFsrJg6WFXGeuZj_WaeWOWj8lorwxM=

This might actually work well for us too, giving the totem more chance to ignite and the ignite then gives 30% more damage, it doesnt matter how high the ignite is it is gonna stay on for the 4seconds untill it reapplies.

Then i think with 1 Herald (I like the Thunder one, more flat dps) the build has quite an dps increase over the last leagues, and some option to take extra res nodes if needed here and there. (for andvarius and such)

Thats why i dont like to give out full builds, everyone is gonna run with different resistances and such, i feel urged to leave out some options for people themself to pick if they need more armor/life or resistances.
Last edited by expjah on Dec 9, 2014, 12:00:23 PM
Thanks. I was interested in Breath of Flames but it seemed too expensive to get there. If you can get into the 90s with this build then obviously it becomes viable.

Shock Nova trap is worse due to lack of buffs from the tree, but perhaps better due to the fact we're already igniting a lot of stuff with our totems and so we can apply a second elemental effect and get a damage boost from shock.

I think my main concern with this build now is that we'll have less life. Maybe that'll be compensated for somehow in the patch though, hopefully notes are out soon.
Last edited by NoImagination on Dec 9, 2014, 12:39:45 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Thanks. I was interested in Breath of Flames but it seemed too expensive to get there. If you can get into the 90s with this build then obviously it becomes viable.

Shock Nova trap is worse due to lack of buffs from the tree, but perhaps better due to the fact we're already igniting a lot of stuff with our totems and so we can apply a second elemental effect and get a damage boost from shock.

You can always just go from ancestral bond to heart of flame, thats abit shorter, also abit less damage overall i reckon.

But many people are posting 120point builds, not many people are reaching level 100, i also rather use this build to farm up some wealth and then make an nice new char with optimized gear.
"
expjah wrote:
You can always just go from ancestral bond to heart of flame, thats abit shorter, also abit less damage overall i reckon.

But many people are posting 120point builds, not many people are reaching level 100, i also rather use this build to farm up some wealth and then make an nice new char with optimized gear.

Yeh, agree. I don't want to do late maps with this, it'd be too boring. But Dominus is fine. I don't expect to get much beyond 80 and so plan to do:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info