[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
paaik wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:
Does IIR affect the chances of finding currency? I just found my first freaking EXALT!

I think i've read that it doesnt, Currency is the same for everyone. IIR will only get you better loot from killing. (Maybe they've changed this, i read it in an old thread, but i dont think so.)

IIR just improves your chance to find an item (not currency) with higher rarity.
IIQ will give you more items (also currency, but not maps in maps). => With IIQ you have indirectly a higher chance to find an exalt.

As for fire pen vs. added chaos. Fire pen should be better for high fire resist monsters, especially if you dont use double resist curse.

With double resist curse added chaos is better in almost every case
Actually I'm not rich at all xD I just happened to stumble accross a couple of players who sold me their Andvarius for only 2 exalts each (albeit the rolls for both of them are pretty meh). Believe me, I do get your frustration when it comes to making currency in this game.... it is quite the grind, and I've made a lot of mistakes.

There are however a few tricks that can make your life a hell of a lot easier:
1) As it was mentioned before, the chaos recipe is a great way of getting a consistent influx of cash, even if it is quite slow.
2) Try setting up a shop thread to sell your gear. This is made exceptionally easy thanks to Procurement. Here's a video explaining how to set everything up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLzswirkq-U

This is especially convenient when you finally get a good unique to sell.
3) This one requires a bit more of research, but it is quite simple in nature: buy low, sell high. I managed to get 14 chaos in profit in the standard league by buying 2 exalts for 25 chaos each, and then selling them for 32 chaos each. This part basicslly requires some attention to the global and trade chat to understand the current market values, and try to quickly sell to the highest bidder.
4) Try to spend as little as possible in your leveling gear. Save that sweet currency for when it really counts.

Other than that, it's just luck :P
[/quote]

Ahhh I see. That is a good idea.
It is frustrating indeed.
That video is on point too.

The ONLY reason i haven't opened a shop yet is i have NO IDEA how to price some of my items..
I have plenty of items that have really good mods, but don't know if they are worth a couple C or like 20c.

Thanks so much for all of these suggestions. They are super helpful and will get me on the right track.

Maybe I understand the descrition on the skill wrong.. or the whole idea...
Why is Iron Will linked to conversion Trap on the Switch Shield??
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
"
Stated wrote:
Actually I'm not rich at all xD I just happened to stumble accross a couple of players who sold me their Andvarius for only 2 exalts each (albeit the rolls for both of them are pretty meh). Believe me, I do get your frustration when it comes to making currency in this game.... it is quite the grind, and I've made a lot of mistakes.

There are however a few tricks that can make your life a hell of a lot easier:
1) As it was mentioned before, the chaos recipe is a great way of getting a consistent influx of cash, even if it is quite slow.
2) Try setting up a shop thread to sell your gear. This is made exceptionally easy thanks to Procurement. Here's a video explaining how to set everything up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLzswirkq-U

This is especially convenient when you finally get a good unique to sell.
3) This one requires a bit more of research, but it is quite simple in nature: buy low, sell high. I managed to get 14 chaos in profit in the standard league by buying 2 exalts for 25 chaos each, and then selling them for 32 chaos each. This part basicslly requires some attention to the global and trade chat to understand the current market values, and try to quickly sell to the highest bidder.
4) Try to spend as little as possible in your leveling gear. Save that sweet currency for when it really counts.

Other than that, it's just luck :P

Ahhh I see. That is a good idea.
It is frustrating indeed.
That video is on point too.

The ONLY reason i haven't opened a shop yet is i have NO IDEA how to price some of my items..
I have plenty of items that have really good mods, but don't know if they are worth a couple C or like 20c.

Thanks so much for all of these suggestions. They are super helpful and will get me on the right track.

[/quote]

Yes, this is possibly the hardest part about trading. Well, it seems you already understand the first part about trading: what is worth trading, and what isn't. The second part would be for how much. There is no easy answer here, and the value of an item can vary a lot depending on the metagame, the mood and wealth of the seller/buyer and other trends. I still don't understand many of these trends, and most of my mistakes have come from this end (like selling for a chaos something that's actually worth 10). So probably the best way to get to know the prices is by constantly visiting poe.trade. In this page you'll get a good idea of how much a certain item is valued in each league. You can also try to price check in the global chat. Maybe someone will be nice enough to give you an honest answer.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that your masters can get you quite a bit of currency as well. I normally look for players who really want to run the daily quests of my masters and charge 1 chaos for each. You can also use the master crafting and the sometimes great sells they offer you for a lot of profit. Lastly, if you're in a guild, you could ask for some help if you're having some trouble.
Last edited by Mutaclotos on Sep 23, 2014, 5:18:25 PM
all this time i thought our tooltip dps meant what it said. did not realize it's actually over 20k in damage! sweet stuff.

btw thank you for explaining the fire pen vs chaos. I am definitely going to go for the double curse after I beef up my health a bit.

edit:

1. For those of you guys running at least two auras, how much health is reserved for you guys? Is it pretty bad? I want to run two auras but I am a bit reluctant to try mortal conviction since it reserves my health!
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 24, 2014, 2:18:08 AM
why not just put arc with rarity and culling in ur weapon swap? i dont think u need another shock nova trap when the things about to die and u save an entire other 4 socket (im pretty sure you dont need damage to cull)
Last edited by Savage_of on Sep 24, 2014, 4:43:43 AM
Nice guide
Last edited by MeTeC on Sep 24, 2014, 9:49:26 AM
"
cyranorick wrote:
Maybe I understand the descrition on the skill wrong.. or the whole idea...
Why is Iron Will linked to conversion Trap on the Switch Shield??

Or am I plain stupid? ;-)

apart from abovementioned thing I asked... this char is real fun.. thx 4 the guide!
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe

Level: 49 Intelligence: 134

Gems in this item are Supported by level 14 Spell Totem
25% increased Spell Damage
100% increased Energy Shield
25% increased Totem Life
Can summon up to 1 additional totem
Inflicts a random level 20 Curse on you when your Totems die

Is there a reason why we are not using this unique? CAN SUMMON 1 ADDITIONAL totem!!!! 3 totems?!
"
sighlight wrote:
Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe

Level: 49 Intelligence: 134

Gems in this item are Supported by level 14 Spell Totem
25% increased Spell Damage
100% increased Energy Shield
25% increased Totem Life
Can summon up to 1 additional totem
Inflicts a random level 20 Curse on you when your Totems die

Is there a reason why we are not using this unique? CAN SUMMON 1 ADDITIONAL totem!!!! 3 totems?!

1) Besides the fact that this chest doesnt give you armour, nor life or resist it will put a lot of curses on you. => You will need more life and resist on other gear slots where you want to concentrate on IIR.

2) With flame totem you probably use 2xred 2xgreen 2xblue... not that easy to get on a pure ES chest

3) Not 100% sure, but I think this chest will link a lvl 14 spell totem to the flame totem, resulting in less dmg and less cast speed.
Lvl 14 spell totems are also very weak and cannot tank a lot of dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info