[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
Lashiel wrote:
"
Hey guys. I think you'll all like this build. I've just hit level 84 and have tried many different things in the passive tree now (hardcore)

I've come to realize that the best way to go is a full commitment to the damage nodes near the start of the witch tree. It is superior to the points spent on Arsonist/Shamanistic Fury.

[snip]

How are you feeling your survivability is? I had been working towards a version much similar to the 1.2 preview posted in the first post, and was already feeling a little squishy (i don't really die, but I feel like hits do a lot of damage). I admit I don't have a CwDT setup up and running yet though, and I'm only level 62.

With that build, I had intended to continue down to Leather and Steel, and then pick up IR as well. I also eventually intended to wear Infernal Mantle once I get the needed INT, since I dropped one (lol), and it seems like it should help DPS quite a bit.

Your build is interesting to me because it looks like you're taking fewer defensive nodes. I do see that you're focusing more on armor, so I guess maybe the real question here is, how well is that working for you?

I just spent about 17 regrets to go to the witch start tree and I really like it. With herald of ice (and mortal conviction), I reserve 355 life, 3849/4184 is my life atm, and jumped from 1.7k tooltip dps to 2.1k tool tip dps with level 4 herald of ice. (Using tabula rasha and a shield with no spell damage).
Great guide soo far. Just need me a 6l armor so i can drop leather and steal and most of the dex side and go up. Still lvl 73 anyways.

This is my gear atm. All self found/crafted. Just 1k dps. My gear is poop. No cwdt yet. Poor man here. Nor quality gems.

Still need to upgrade my ammy/boots/gloves and get quality gems. (Will probably just buy gmp)

Spoiler

My current build.

Will change into this once i get armor version to drop most of the dex nodes. Will get more fire dmg/hp nodes/totem nodes/inner force. I dont know yet. Havent really optimized it.

I personally think the 5L should be Added Chaos Damage. Way more damage than Faster Projectiles.

Also, what are you people using in your extra gem slots? I have Leap Slam + Faster Attacks, my main damage setup, and a CWDT setup. I feel like Im wasting gem slots.
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
"
Lashiel wrote:

How are you feeling your survivability is? I had been working towards a version much similar to the 1.2 preview posted in the first post, and was already feeling a little squishy (i don't really die, but I feel like hits do a lot of damage). I admit I don't have a CwDT setup up and running yet though, and I'm only level 62.

I felt my survivability was fine, even when using The Searing Touch and only have 15% block chance. I have 2 CWDT gems. One is level 1 and linked with Enduring Cry. This means I always have 1 or 2 charges during regular gameplay. The second one is high level linked with enduring cry, immortal call and increased duration. The only time I have been close to death is something unlucky like lagging against an exile and ending up with shock stack, for example.

"
Lashiel wrote:

With that build, I had intended to continue down to Leather and Steel, and then pick up IR as well. I also eventually intended to wear Infernal Mantle once I get the needed INT, since I dropped one (lol), and it seems like it should help DPS quite a bit.

I originally wanted to get Leather and Steel/Iron Reflexes, but it is a whopping 11 point that is a lot hp/armour you could be getting. Combat Stamina is a great armour node, giving very helpful regen also!

"
Lashiel wrote:

Your build is interesting to me because it looks like you're taking fewer defensive nodes. I do see that you're focusing more on armor, so I guess maybe the real question here is, how well is that working for you?

When you say fewer defensive nodes, are you regerring to Leather and Steel/Iron Reflexes? Other than that I get pretty much all the armour and life nodes possible.
Why don't you run The Three Dragons?

Isn't the shock status worthy?
"Embrace the darkness"
"
I personally think the 5L should be Added Chaos Damage. Way more damage than Faster Projectiles.

Also, what are you people using in your extra gem slots? I have Leap Slam + Faster Attacks, my main damage setup, and a CWDT setup. I feel like Im wasting gem slots.

5L is faster projectiles because it is more of a utility gem and your dps should be enough without added chaos anyways. your totems shoot further and it makes a big difference.

"
jerkan7 wrote:
Why don't you run The Three Dragons?

Isn't the shock status worthy?

because it is a MF build and you don't have rarity on TTD.

People seem to forget what this build is all about.
Last edited by attiGT on Sep 3, 2014, 6:12:05 AM
"
buks wrote:
"

5L is faster projectiles because it is more of a utility gem and your dps should be enough without added chaos anyways. your totems shoot further and it makes a big difference.

Well I dont agree with you there, no such thing as "good enough damage."
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
"
"
buks wrote:
"

Well I dont agree with you there, no such thing as "good enough damage."

Yes added chaos does more damage, but flame totem without faster projectiles looks like the totem is an level 1 flame totem, fact is that without faster projectiles it tries to hit mobs which it cant even hit (mostly ranged mobs, who keep running from totems)
So do not underestimate Faster Projectiles.

Also for group culling its far more efficient since it has way further range then without, if you were to swap something looking for dps, switch faster casting to added chaos, i tested that at invasion with all lvl 20 gems and without faster casting but added chaos gave me more dps.

And about ppl asking about leather and steel and if it isnt better to take double curse, yes ofcourse double curse will be better, but its also an preview build which i did leave some points over for additional options, like some people might need 1/2 res nodes when wearing double andvarius and then might not be able to get to either of them.

The build might have few different points here and there depending on how geared someone is and like if he has an 6L astral with triple res or wearing an tabula rasa. It has many options, but the base is here and thats good for around 80levels, after that you people have enough time gathered playing to figure out which way you want to go :)

Divination is abit more of an problem since last patch due to Mana Reducements on GMP/Flame Totem. As you can see in my invasion stats they were around 360life for each totem cast, with around 225 life regen i was able to keep divination on. Tho it seems now 6L flame totems cost around 250life~.

Ill update the main page abit today!
Last edited by expjah on Sep 3, 2014, 10:14:37 AM
"
expjah wrote:

Divination is abit more of an problem since last patch due to Mana Reducements on GMP/Flame Totem. As you can see in my invasion stats they were around 360life for each totem cast, with around 225 life regen i was able to keep divination on. Tho it seems now 6L flame totems cost around 250life~.

its only 200 at lvl 20 :/
"
Dobermann83 wrote:
"
expjah wrote:

its only 200 at lvl 20 :/

Just came to this thread to ask about this.

I can't think of a good way to make sure I have enough flask uptime. My first thought was blood rage but with the regen we have it's not enough. Righteous Fire would work but that either seems clumsy with a dousing flask or plain dangerous without.

Just wanted some thoughts from others, how do you/would you combat this problem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info