[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
swarmofseals wrote:

I honestly believe it's not a viable version of this build and the reason is the extremely low life regen. This build is made to being able to maximize your IIR(/IIQ) on gear without having to worry too-too much about resists. If you really wanna make some currency you absolutely want double andvarius, there is no doubt about that.

I'm lvl 86 in Beyond, been doing 75+ maps for a while now, done a lvl77 too. With only just a 5L and lvl 19 gems (only flame totem quality) I can tell you I have no problems killing monsters quickly. While I can definitely see that monsters take slightly longer to kill, that 1 second won't make a huge difference. If I get my hands on a 6L soon, I can totally see mobs just melt in a second, even blues and rares. (cause my 6th gem will be added chaos which gives a HUGE dmg boost)

Here is my build:

I am actually thinking of leaving the templar area life nodes which take 7 points to get. With those 7 points and the one I get soon when I level up I could actually get to Elemental Dominion from Cruel Preparation which would give me a significant dmg boost but I'd lose 15% hp, +30 max life and 1% life regen. I will try this out for sure but as long as I am doing high lvl maps I really like my 5k hp and close to 300 life regen. I think it will be the way to go just for farming Piety/Dominus to maximize kill speed.

Thank you swarmofseals for opening my eyes on this. I would have never thought about changing anything about the build but for Piety/Dominus farming the above mentioned changes can be made to maximize kill speed by removing just a little bit of life and life regen.
Last edited by attiGT on Sep 1, 2014, 5:09:17 AM
"
buks wrote:
"
swarmofseals wrote:

Here is my build:

I am actually thinking of leaving the templar area life nodes which take 7 points to get. With those 7 points and the one I get soon when I level up I could actually get to Elemental Dominion from Cruel Preparation which would give me a significant dmg boost but I'd lose 15% hp, +30 max life and 1% life regen. I will try this out for sure but as long as I am doing high lvl maps I really like my 5k hp and close to 300 life regen. I think it will be the way to go just for farming Piety/Dominus to maximize kill speed.

Thank you swarmofseals for opening my eyes on this. I would have never thought about changing anything about the build but for Piety/Dominus farming the above mentioned changes can be made to maximize kill speed by removing just a little bit of life and life regen.

@Buks

Thanks so much for your skill tree and information. I'm working to be in your shoes sometime in the next week or two. I'm only lvl 65 right now, but kind of having a hard time figuring out what gear to buy and how to properly balance resists / dex / int...

Could you please post your gear so I can see what I should be looking out for?
Also, any tips on what I should upgrade or try to get first? (weapon, shield, 5l, etc)

Cheers,

Stated
My gear for anyone interested:

Spoiler

Absolutely nothing special about it. Everything is self found except for the weapon and the 46 iir ring.
In my opinion this build is crazy good if you think about just how little you have to invest in gear to make it work. I have mediocre pieces at best, my weapon is good, still can't really find anything better for sale. Other than the weapon there is only a 5L that would be a bit expensive but still, I self 6 socketed and 5L-it with like 70 jewelers and ~200ish fusings. With this mediocre gear I was able to do a 77 Shrine and even did the first phase of Piety fight. Unfortunately I'm too much of a pussy to try and kill her in Shrine but kudos to anyone who can with this build ;-)

So this is the gear I've been using since like the third day of the league start. I'll do high level maps until my gems hit 20 and then I'll probably switch to double andvarius and a 6L to farm Piety/Dominus.
"
buks wrote:
My gear for anyone interested:

Spoiler

Absolutely nothing special about it. Everything is self found except for the weapon and the 46 iir ring.
In my opinion this build is crazy good if you think about just how little you have to invest in gear to make it work. I have mediocre pieces at best, my weapon is good, still can't really find anything better for sale. Other than the weapon there is only a 5L that would be a bit expensive but still, I self 6 socketed and 5L-it with like 70 jewelers and ~200ish fusings. With this mediocre gear I was able to do a 77 Shrine and even did the first phase of Piety fight. Unfortunately I'm too much of a pussy to try and kill her in Shrine but kudos to anyone who can with this build ;-)

So this is the gear I've been using since like the third day of the league start. I'll do high level maps until my gems hit 20 and then I'll probably switch to double andvarius and a 6L to farm Piety/Dominus.

What is your tooltip dps for flame totems? Just wondering if I should regret the 8% totem dmg nodes to travel to the witch's top for fire dmg
"
endgame i plan to have 5k+ hp , max resists+enough to wear double andvarius , max block/70%+spellblock , and probally around 300 life regen

I would love to see the items/passive tree used for this.
i wonder if it's possible to do atziri with this build? anyone tried?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
"
Llght wrote:

What is your tooltip dps for flame totems? Just wondering if I should regret the 8% totem dmg nodes to travel to the witch's top for fire dmg

a little over 1500
"
buks wrote:
"
swarmofseals wrote:

I honestly believe it's not a viable version of this build and the reason is the extremely low life regen. This build is made to being able to maximize your IIR(/IIQ) on gear without having to worry too-too much about resists. If you really wanna make some currency you absolutely want double andvarius, there is no doubt about that.

Here is my build:

The life regen point is absolutely legit, but keep in mind that the key changes I am suggesting don't require you to sacrifice life regen. I'm mostly taking us out of the extraneous elemental resist nodes and the less efficient shamanistic fury nodes in favor of other things. My build took a lot of flat life that you skipped from the Wheel of Life and Athleticism areas, but these could easily be put somewhere else. You can also put the damage nodes into these for an even tankier build.

Also keep in mind that if you need more resists once you get your double andvarius, you can always spec back into the resist nodes.

Personally, one of the biggest lessons that I have learned from playing Hardcore is to use those free respec points. I don't have Andvarius now and I probably won't for quite a while. I may get them eventually, but for now why let those points go to waste?
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Wow Buks, 77 Maps with this Gear and links. I might overthink my Build, right now I am @ 3.8K HP and 1.1K DMG but i feel squishy sometimes. I did the evasion route mainly because i couldn't afford 4 offlinks on an armor item at the start of the leaque.

My Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBA8YGDgagCfYQzBQgFHEVIBZvGJEaOB0UJKolvCcvJ-0ppSoTKk0rtiynLOk1kjbYNuk8LT38PydJG0rESshOKk99UEdRYFW1WGNZ81orW69fP2P9ZIRmnmqTbBZuqnKpeGl-4oBWhxmMRozPj0aQVZuhns2j8qSspwinMKeEp5SsmKyqtfK2Qbc-uJO8n8APwBrBBMT2xq7G2NH91e3Yvd0N37_jauOf6hjvDvFs8i_2SPau9zL31_iT-Ov5vfrS_Ev-Cg==

My Gear

Since I'm quite confident with my resist at ~180% overcapped I like to save 2 points at Diamond Skin and Flask life also I'm quite uncertain how good the 20% crit dmg reduction is right next to it.

Also I'm not a huge fan of double curse. I understand the amount of DMG you can do with it but I see this build as more of a support in groups. They do the dmg and you cull and most of the time the packs are dead before you can double curse them. Also Ele Weakness and no Curse linked to CWDT since you don't want to overcast in groups and ele weakness helps everyone. For the big bosses you can definately feel a differenc but again on hard maps they get mostly TempChained/Enfeebled anyway.

What I really like is my Trap+Multi Trap+Cold Snap+Ele Prolif setup. Most of the time the mobs stay frozen until they are dead and with Ele Prolif you can even freeze the Bosses as long as they have some smaller mobs around. You can really feel your and the totems survivability going up with it. With this when I encounter a Mob I drop the Traps then Ele Weakness since its faster than the traps hitting the floor. Everything is frozen and I setup the Totems. Most of the time everything dies within the first freeze if not I drop another Trap on top. Very nice you should try this. Also in groups people will like you for this.

I think i will respect out of evasion and get a movement skill in one hand and group up the CWDT setup to one 4Link.
I understand if you link a totally different build/skill setup but these are just personal prefferences as you said in your post. You like to play a support role with this build then do so, I play solo and for it I love double curse, nothing beats it. Too bad for you if you want to be a culler for groups cause there are better builds for that. I don't like traps, by the time I'd drop them the mobs melt anyways.

So just to be clear, if anyone wants to follow my gear/skill setup/build/whatever, take into consideration that I'm playing solo 99% of the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info