[3.1] GLADIATOR 1H+Shield Max Block&Spell Block Tank + a BoR version

"
Bataille wrote:
I spec'd out of Violent Retaliation and into Outmatch and Outlast and it's vastly superior. The node before it alone is like 4 VR blocks and most of the time you don't get that many more anyway (the lack of 2% block is negligible to me since I wear legacy BoR). You can get 5 frenzy charges easily, that's 20% MORE damage + 20% IAS (which also beats the movement speed from VR since we're using leap slam to move around).

Frenzy Charges definitely offer the most damage, but you can already get them whereas VR and GV are unique bonuses.

* Non-Aegis want Blood Rage for IAS and leech
* Non-RT can swap Warlord's for Poacher's for the accuracy and potentially more sustain
* Versatile Combatant replaces Rainbowstrides, which opens up Blood Dance
* All of these including O&O are on kill so bosses may require Frenzy skill

For any IR build I think Blood Dance are BIS since they have the lowest opportunity cost for Frenzy charges while giving useful offensive/defensive modifiers and the DEX can save you a skill point.

Between VR and GV will depend on how fast you kill. If you're struggling with clearing you might be at 10+ stacks so Violent Retaliation will be better whereas if you're faster GV will probably help more against bosses (Bleed will be negligible, but offers 30% increased damage).

Ultimately I'm still not sure which of the two are better, but O&O seems very lackluster given alternative generation options.
"
Dooder39 wrote:
"
Placebo334 wrote:
What's your gear like?

Check my characters tab, its public (I have nothing to hide). That said, I'm aware that my gear is pretty lacking.

I'd also say finish out the left side of the shield tree at the bottom, its another 8 percent block which is pretty big. If you have even like 10 chaos to work with you can get a lot of gear that boosts you. Even just 5. A 5 link chest that you can alch and scour isn't too expensive.
Sup guys!
I started playing PoE at 2.2 and i have choosen this build to start with.
And i have to say, that i regret nothing! i love how versatile this build is. I tried a lot of things and i will tryout more.
Thank you for this guide!

At the Moment i Play with reave, which i feel the most comfortable with. Also i can use whirling blades which i love! I guess i stick to my Sword for a while.

I skilled GV for the dps increase and Bleeding. Right now i try to Play with Dirty Technique to get some poison. For the high hp guys its pretty nice. But for the trash and <t10maps its an damage overkill.

Feel free to check my character,gear and skilltree. I would like to hear some suggestions and your Opinion. :)
"
BeRse wrote:
"
Dooder39 wrote:
"
Placebo334 wrote:
What's your gear like?

Check my characters tab, its public (I have nothing to hide). That said, I'm aware that my gear is pretty lacking.

buy yourself:
1) a weapon with more than 200 physical dps
2) Crest of Perandus unique shiled
3) Meginord's Girdle unique belt
4) either a Tabula Rasa or a white 5-link armor chest and drop 1 alch on it

the first three things cost 1 chaos each
a Tabula is like 12c, a white 5-link around 3c depending on the base

with minimal investment you can fly well into maps, i had a Crest of Perandus and a Tabula till level 81 and tier 6 maps
i still have Meginord equipped

I Bought a new weapon (with more then 200 pDPS) for 1 chaos, I knew a good weapon could make a difference but holy hell. Everything (except for Malachai's 1st form) was done easy. I haven't bought a 5 link chest plate yet though.

But I fail to see how Crest of Perandus supposed to be better then my current shield.

"
Placebo334 wrote:
I'd also say finish out the left side of the shield tree at the bottom, its another 8 percent block which is pretty big.

At first I did that, but after a few levels I regretted that and put it towards RT. I'm waiting till I've completed the 76 points tree of this build before finishing the left side of the shield tree.
Well, my Lazy_Duelist finally has found its place. I tried Doryani, soultaker, a rare high dps sword, nothing really clicked with me. Not Infernal blow, not groundlam one handed, not reave.. then finally it clicked: Just use no weapon at all!

Its Face breaker time!

currently level 81, so still plenty of points to spend. currently sitting at 73/73 block with just Tempest shield, and no anvil. A rare+6 block shield (32%) plus all the block nodes in the tree will eventually get me a full 75/75 block chance, so I will drop tempest shield (yes, I am lazy to recast it every 20 seconds)

4.5k hp and a whopping 110K cyclone damage at the moment, close to 200K for bosses with conc effect. Since I am RT I am of course using Bloodrage for the leech and free Frenzy charges, but the DPS without it is fine as it is. I dont really need the extra dps from Frenzy at all!

Still dabbling around with curses on blasphemy and auras. I had warlocks mark, Herald of ash for a while, but since I got a nice mana leech ring, I have no need to warlocks mark. I am running Enfeeble + Herald of ash right now and its fine.

Atziri melts like butter, and only if she double flameblasts me, I can be killed. all the rest I can easily face tank at level 81..

my cururent gear:

Spoiler

I love max block!
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
I will try this facebreaker if i have some time. Are you playing standart or why did you have more than 800%dmg inc. On your facebreaker?
"
BeRse wrote:
"
Bataille wrote:
I spec'd out of Violent Retaliation and into Outmatch and Outlast and it's vastly superior. The node before it alone is like 4 VR blocks and most of the time you don't get that many more anyway (the lack of 2% block is negligible to me since I wear legacy BoR). You can get 5 frenzy charges easily, that's 20% MORE damage + 20% IAS (which also beats the movement speed from VR since we're using leap slam to move around).

We're gaining endurance charges through other means and honestly I don't know which build they had in mind for "off hand kills" since even dual strike counts as main hand kills (see here).

the only situation where you really need the more damage from frenzy charges would be at hard bosses - but there you won't have them because they are expired
i agree with you that VR is not that great usually but i don't think OaO is better overall

furthermore - where do you get the 3 passive points for the fifth frenzy charge?

Disagree on the 'don't need more damage' part. This is not a build for maximum clearspeed obviously but that's all the more reason to get it when we can. at a low cost too (other possible ascendancy nodes being underwhelming). On maps without backtracking I'm on max frenzy charges constantly. Not always at bosses, that's true.

But the same applies to endurance charges. I had an Immortal Call in my setup but removed it because I could never use it to full benefit when I needed it.
So I spec'd out of an endurance and into a frenzy charge. it's only 2 passive points for BoR users since we pick IR.
"
antibreeder wrote:
"
Bataille wrote:

Frenzy Charges definitely offer the most damage, but you can already get them whereas VR and GV are unique bonuses.

* Non-Aegis want Blood Rage for IAS and leech
* Non-RT can swap Warlord's for Poacher's for the accuracy and potentially more sustain
* Versatile Combatant replaces Rainbowstrides, which opens up Blood Dance
* All of these including O&O are on kill so bosses may require Frenzy skill

For any IR build I think Blood Dance are BIS since they have the lowest opportunity cost for Frenzy charges while giving useful offensive/defensive modifiers and the DEX can save you a skill point.

Between VR and GV will depend on how fast you kill. If you're struggling with clearing you might be at 10+ stacks so Violent Retaliation will be better whereas if you're faster GV will probably help more against bosses (Bleed will be negligible, but offers 30% increased damage).

Ultimately I'm still not sure which of the two are better, but O&O seems very lackluster given alternative generation options.

Spell block is not a unique bonus either but we take it since it frees slots.
I take the boot slot over the other ascendany nodes too. Life, resistances (use BoR so I need my boots for that) and full IAS bonus for the frenzy charges. Life regen is nice but not that important in this build imo. It comes down to preferences I guess..
"
Tschubbo wrote:
I will try this facebreaker if i have some time. Are you playing standart or why did you have more than 800%dmg inc. On your facebreaker?

it is a Legacy facebreakes on standard. legacy ones can go up to 1000% physical. But really, i'll test it tonight, but I think you'll lose about 10K dps with a non-legacy one. Which, on 100K dps is not really note worthy. you'll still roll through content easily.

I am already rebuilding my current one to include life and mana leech in the tree, and having like 400% increased armor, as well as 6 frenzy charges..

I'll probably step out of this tread though, as this is more build for a weapon bases Gladiator.. I'll create a new guide here myself.

Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
i have changed my build a bit to try the facebreaker. iam sitting on 50k dps. How did you doubled the damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info