[3.1] GLADIATOR 1H+Shield Max Block&Spell Block Tank + a BoR version

Hey ! Just hit lvl 85 with gladiator so I tried Atziri and i rekt her really hard, vaal oversouls and trio i could just facetank and right click then atziri was a little bit longer but I didn't die even if I only have 5 endurence charges and 5000 hp ( All nodes I don't have are hp on the tree ).
I really didn't expect it to be so easy, THANK YOU for you build mate !
"
Dooder39 wrote:

I Bought a new weapon (with more then 200 pDPS) for 1 chaos, I knew a good weapon could make a difference but holy hell. Everything (except for Malachai's 1st form) was done easy. I haven't bought a 5 link chest plate yet though.

But I fail to see how Crest of Perandus supposed to be better then my current shield.

"
Placebo334 wrote:
I'd also say finish out the left side of the shield tree at the bottom, its another 8 percent block which is pretty big.

At first I did that, but after a few levels I regretted that and put it towards RT. I'm waiting till I've completed the 76 points tree of this build before finishing the left side of the shield tree.

I'm glad you're back on the train. It's a fun build and a good weapon just helps a lot. I can understand not wanting to finish that side of the tree yet, once you get more health and armor on your items your survivability should go up even more.

Speaking of weapons, I just had an exalt drop and was wondering what you guys think would benefit my character more right now, Doryani's or Aegis. Survivability and damage isn't really an issue yet on tier 6 maps so I'm not sure which I should go for.

Edit: Found a Doryani's on the market for 40c so I was able to get both. My butt feels so strong now
Last edited by Placebo334 on Mar 15, 2016, 5:03:07 PM
Hey, I wanted to try out this build but the leveling trees(all the trees) seem to be broken. Is it me or are they actually broken after the last patch? Thanks, I'd love to give this a shot!
"
mirrorqz wrote:
Hey, I wanted to try out this build but the leveling trees(all the trees) seem to be broken. Is it me or are they actually broken after the last patch? Thanks, I'd love to give this a shot!

Works for me so it might just be on your end unluckily
"
Bataille wrote:
Spell block is not a unique bonus either but we take it since it frees slots.

75% Spell Block with 100% uptime is actually unique since your closest alternative is Rainbowstride, Lazhwar, and an active Rumi's.

"
Bataille wrote:
I take the boot slot over the other ascendany nodes too. Life, resistances (use BoR so I need my boots for that) and full IAS bonus for the frenzy charges. Life regen is nice but not that important in this build imo. It comes down to preferences I guess..

Optimizing in general gets messy depending on level, gear, and play style. As long as you pick up Versatile Combatant the third node doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

I am pretty curious what will replace Rainbowstrides for BoR builds. Atiziri's Steps seem like one of the best defensive options. For Labyrinth runs I think's Blood Dance is great since regen actually matters, though curious what other boots could provide more offense. Alberon's look like they might work now or maybe Redblade.

Regardless, it's awesome to not be limited to Rainbowstride and Lazhwar now though.
Jesus Christ this build really starts popping when you get the aegis shield.

It's insane running a tier 8 map and just never losing your 500 energy shield because it just keeps refilling.
"
Placebo334 wrote:
Jesus Christ this build really starts popping when you get the aegis shield.

It's insane running a tier 8 map and just never losing your 500 energy shield because it just keeps refilling.

Yep which leads me to think about using "melee damage on full life" gem haven't tried it yet though.

I must say my Sunder build is in a pretty good place now apart from the tabula rasa. I pretty much facetanked Izario in Merciless.

heres: my gear

I took the Axe path Gratuitous Violence ascendancy with bleeding enemies explode doing 10% of damage, it's pretty nice.

I'm using arctic armour, herald of ash and warlords mark with blasphemy, which leaves me enough mana to attack with Sunder.

Once I get a 6-link astral plate - lookout.
Last edited by pitty on Mar 16, 2016, 6:53:12 PM
switched to Earthquake yesterday and it feels much better than IceCrash

Pros:
- much bigger aoe
- better single target dps
- 30% less manacost

my gear:

ToDos for my gear:
1) switch out the corrupted ruby ring for a ring with more life and chaos resistance
2) get that 30% reduced Earthquake duration enchantment on my helmet
Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys :)
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
Hi, wanted to say thanks for the amazing build. Being 87 Gladiator right now.

In general this build has two weakspots if it has any:
- movement is key to everything and we suffer the malus from anvil.
- singletarget dps is mediocre.

Movement speed boots are imperative. Arent they always though...

I made a couple of tweaks to tune the build to a masterpiece for my own liking. I had tried static strike, ice crash, earthquake, hybrid options. Final judgement of perfection is using

4L - Heavy strike-MPD-Multistrike-AFD
+
5/6L - Sunder-MPD-ConcE-increasedAoE-AFD-(FA)

The beauty of it -
has the perfect synergy with heavy strike, costs very little ~ 1-10chaos, offers 260+ pDps.

From experience i can say only auras I ever used was Hatred or HoA + Blasphemy/Warlord. I never had to use determination, i can facetank a LOT and those few dangerous things that are risky i can kite with sunder (like fully buffed merciless Izaro and . . . some very nasty combination rolls on maps e.g. t10 chateau, t11 precinct). I tried golems and imho, unless you run a cwdt-summon, might also not bother with it. Doesnt live long, doesnt offer much, makes you bother to resummon. I run vaal molten shell and immortal call, i got to lvl 87 and used the shell maybe twice and never actually used immortal call at all unless i clicked it accidentally lol. In short you have the extra 4L to roll heavy strike without any real sacrifices.

Another tweak - I cannot recommend Violent Retaliation. There is no issue with non beefy mobs at all, only single target dps against beefier enemies/bosses needs improvement. VR provides you with 2% block that you dont need anymore (assuming you take that on merciless labyrinth), we already have 78% block, it jsut goes to waste. Against single target you get on average 4-5 stacks of VR. So in total you have 5% attack speed and 16-20% damage boost. If you go Outmatch Outlast you gain frenzy on kill only, offering you nothing to improve anti-boss-performance but 5% attack speed and 15% damage boost from previous point. Clear winner, by a gigantic margin is Gratuituos Violence. Because you get 5% attack speed + 10% damage + 25% chance to bleed - applying dot + another 30% damage against bleeding targets. You can be absolutely sure the bosses will bleed all the time, so your damage taking this path is highest. Your sunderkiting options become vastly improved too, because bosses that run after you take 60% bleed damage instead of jsut 10% when they stand still. Additionally enemies explode, making sundering packs very gory and extremely efficient and fast. (and you can improve the performance even more by taking bloodletting node!!!)

I have not spent a single passive into endurance charges, but took the one from oak. I cant say i lack survival, i have too much of it. I can run maps with any rolls unless they combo too badly. I would avoid only blood magic per se, because auras are important.

You should call this build the Honey Badger. Playing it you really dont care about much. Its just so absolute.

Final things i came to discover highly relevant:
- get boots with move and enchant intelligence with catarina (or the other way round)
- get a ring with both high intelligence and dexterity.
Doing that you dont need neither a passive into 30 dex nor into 30 int.

Honey Badger Gladiator rules. In T11 maps things die very fast, all bosses are doable, 99% map mods are nobrainer. Havent gotten to t12+ yet, but the issue is getting the maps, not running them. Thanks again, enjoying the ride.

TLDR: 4L - Heavy strike + 5/6L - Sunder is an amazing combo. Callinellus is a great super cheap mace. Take Gratuituos Violence .. no matter how I look at it GV always wins over OO or VR tbh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info