is a 2 handed weapon considered to be main hand?

looking at a staff gladiator. the frenzy charges check for main or off hand. so, are 2 handed weapons considered to be main hand?

i couldnt find anything in old posts soz
No, main hand and off hand are terms associated with 1h weapons.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
ty
Somewhat related question about that node: what happens when I get a kill with skills like Dual Strike and Cleave?

Not sure, we don't have any 1H weapons with an effect that triggers 'on kill with this weapon', only Null's has that exact wording so we can't test it.

If it's done properly you should get both effects if you hit with both weapons but only main hand effect if you miss with off-hand and vice versa. There could be coding limitations there though, so it's also possible we'll get both effects no matter what happened.

"
Float wrote:
looking at a staff gladiator. the frenzy charges check for main or off hand. so, are 2 handed weapons considered to be main hand?
Yes.

"
Zed_ wrote:
Somewhat related question about that node: what happens when I get a kill with skills like Dual Strike and Cleave?
Due to limitations of the damage system, those skills count as main-hand hits.
Mark,how about Wing of Entropy?On the one side base type of it is Sundering Axe,on the other there is saying explicitly about different effects for main and offhand.So I'd bet it will generate both frenzy and endurance charges.
"
MasterBLB wrote:
Mark,how about Wing of Entropy?On the one side base type of it is Sundering Axe,on the other there is saying explicitly about different effects for main and offhand.So I'd bet it will generate both frenzy and endurance charges.

WoE counts as perfectly normal dual wielding, it's just 2H axes instead of 1H ones, no reason for it to behave any different.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Float wrote:
Yes.

"
Zed_ wrote:
Due to limitations of the damage system, those skills count as main-hand hits.

Then this is really bad news for that passive. There are *hardly* any builds that would qualify for getting the Endurance Charge!
"
Shmez wrote:
Then this is really bad news for that passive. There are *hardly* any builds that would qualify for getting the Endurance Charge!

Well, that's what you get when creating a dual-wield focused subclass without taking care of dual-wielding first. Though I'm not fully eliminating the possibility something will be done before 2.2 hits.

Fortunately, you can usually swap your reaver's weapons depending if you need frenzy or endurance charges.

Last edited by raics on Nov 25, 2015, 4:46:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info