Death penalties !!!!

I've been using boosters this league.

Last league, if I died, it was days. Not hours.

Besides. You died, and should be punished. Otherwise people would only spec glass cannons.
"
Perhaps make it a choice, allow people to enable a 'high death penalty' checkbox when they create the char? And then maybe add a symbol next to their name to show they play with that option enabled.

Its just that some prefer casual fun over challenge, and others the other way around.. Surely we can have both?

Why would anyone ever choose to have a higher death penalty? People who want it play HC, those who don't play SC.

Why does every one of these stupid issues end up with someone asking for people to have the option to do one or the other? The entire game is built around a risk/reward principle. You get something good at the cost of something bad. If you over extend yourself or build a glass cannon, you will be taking that risk understanding you will die more often.

Removing the drawback of dying often leads to the same situation that D3 had in the beginning. People were death zerging their way to the end of the game. It was literally people dying their way to the next zone. Someone moves forward, dies, someone else teleports to them and tries to advance, dies and continue until you reach the door. This was allowed to happen because the death penalty was a joke.

Also, you people dying to desync, I can say honestly that I rubberband/desync quite often. I don't have a great connection and my roommates stream TV shows in different rooms or I play on my laptop which can barely run the game. Even though I desync constantly, I don't die. Most other guys who are successful that I talk to are in the same boat.

Don't blame the punishment for your short comings. My first toons were fucking terrible, lvl 20 gems on a lvl 76, that's how often I died. But I researched how to make him better, learned from my mistakes and adjusted. Stop asking the game to hold your hand. If the game was easy no one would bother to play it very long.

edit: didn't see the OP was calling for harsher punishments just saw the last few pages of people complaining about losing exp. I dunno about making it harsher, it's pretty fucking harsh over 75. I died 4 times to reflect when closing in on 81 and that made it take 3 days rather than the one night (all 4 times were withing 90% of lvling)
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Last edited by Moosifer on Nov 10, 2012, 8:30:48 AM
I haven't read your post or anyone else replies but from the Title I can tell you there is a penalty, If you die you go to Defualt.
hmmm its probably this way so new players wont get scared away

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info