Death penalties !!!!

I tried hardcore in D2.. heh, at lvl 91 (I think, I can't remember, I know it was after 90) I died due to lag... yep...
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
I'll tell you guys right now. Dying on the harder difficulties can be a real pain in the ass. So it's not exactly a slap on the wrist.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
At least its not some punny loose an item.
Strange enough you would say that. It wouldn't make a big difference if it was just a currency item. If it was a weapon though that would be too steep. You would be screwed in some cases.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
If u want death penalty. I will agree with only one thing. If u die than your character will receive EXHAUST aura for a period when u lose some status from your character.(until u eliminate specific number of monsters 50+(5 times your level) for evade time limit)

Example :

- 20% maximum life and mana
and/or
- 20% maximum dmg and energy shield
and/or
-20% elemental resistance and evasion rating

and/or whatever u want for a period of duration

It´s aura for punishment for all team members when you die causes then u have to go alone or if u killing boss than will be harder to kill him for all. On the other side u will be off chance to take items from a loot and XP.

I think,... True Path of Exile with this pain aura instead XP lose which sending you back in progress.

If it´s not enough than u will lose XP when u have exhaust aura because first death is causes from 75% by internet interruption or fps drop.
Why I choose to play PoE?
Because this game worth it!
Thanks to Thyrandor.
BetaKey giveaway to silverthorn, Deadklok and whiskeycobra.
Diablo II memorial.
Last edited by Zmrdobijec on Sep 22, 2012, 8:24:18 AM
if there was any bigger penalty for dying than 15% of your exp ( wich is A LOT in endgame ), i would just stick to the HC, what's the point in normal mode if you can't die because of ridicilous penalties ? that's what the hc is there for, the current system is just fine, you lose a lot of your progress, but you can't go backwards in progress ( example, losing item, level, stats etc )

but if you add penalty that doesn't send you backwards in progress, then i'm all cool for that, such as mentioned above.
Last edited by Juomari on Sep 21, 2012, 5:52:54 AM
"
Zmrdobijec wrote:
If u want death penalty. I will agree with only one thing. If u die than your character will receive EXHAUST aura for a period time (10min) when u lose some status from your character.

Example :

or
- 20% maximum dmg and energy shild
or
-20% elemental resistance

or whatever u want for a short period of duration

This sound reasonable.
Though i don't die much unless i lag like crazy all of sudden but this where it becomes annoying because i know that died not because i was careless i died because of my ISP.

FFA loot = Single Player Game
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
bkboggy wrote:
Btw, I don't think hardcore get any bigger rewards.

Hardcore has the reward of greater prestige on the ladders. People that play hardcore also say that the threat of permanent death makes the game a lot more fun.

It certainly makes it a lot more intense.

On my Mara fighting Vaal on Cruel he almost one shot me two different times (one was my fault, one I couldn't actually tell what happened) and both resulted in me running around screaming and almost crapping my pants.
"
silentman wrote:
"
Zmrdobijec wrote:
If u want death penalty. I will agree with only one thing. If u die than your character will receive EXHAUST aura for a period time (10min) when u lose some status from your character.

Example :

or
or

This sound reasonable.
Though i don't die much unless i lag like crazy all of sudden but this where it becomes annoying because i know that died not because i was careless i died because of my ISP.

Although this does sound more reasonable couldn't you just go AFK for the duration of the aura?
"
Barroo wrote:
"
silentman wrote:
"
Zmrdobijec wrote:

Example :

or
or

This sound reasonable.

Although this does sound more reasonable couldn't you just go AFK for the duration of the aura?

Yea it would be there only to prevent you from playing the game and to waste your time. Any penalty that weakens your character for a duration or force you to do something in order to respawn is a bad idea in my opinion.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Sep 22, 2012, 4:46:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info