A mindless and pointless grind and level progression.

Sorry about my post I've only explained a part of my thoughts and then you got it wrong.

I'm not against mindless grinding when it's disguised or when I want to level faster or when it's a small/medium part of my playtime, but I won't appreciate a game if it is full of grinding.

I'm much more into storyline & on. That's why in another post I asked about the PoE storyline to know what they have planned to keep us in the mood of the story/game.

:)
Hack&Slash lover!
Yeah, and really, to each is own. That is why it's a good thing that there are many choices. Whatever path they go with, as long as their choices appeal to a good amount of players, GGG ahould be okay.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
RTBF
If you have any problems regarding me, then please, kindly <inster curse word> off.
Last edited by pcurocs on Jan 12, 2022, 4:22:58 PM
Honestly I am surprised at the level of thought that was put into this topic... (This is why I could never PAY TO PLAY A GAME I HAD PURCHASED and all of the ADD-ON content. I play games to have fun, not micromanage the hell out of myself and my friends... I have to do that at work... enough. I want to kill things that are hostile to relax... bathe in their blood and guts and go about my day not play a freaking cartoon where somehow you are always doing the same bull crap... I HATE END GAME, If you want END GAME play MARIO BROS. It is the same thing over and over at the same level of power until you get a buff or a "better" piece of equipment... I REALLY HATE MICROMANAGEMENT...
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
"
cybrim wrote:
Honestly I am surprised at the level of thought that was put into this topic... (This is why I could never PAY TO PLAY A GAME I HAD PURCHASED and all of the ADD-ON content. I play games to have fun, not micromanage the hell out of myself and my friends... I have to do that at work... enough. I want to kill things that are hostile to relax... bathe in their blood and guts and go about my day not play a freaking cartoon where somehow you are always doing the same bull crap... I HATE END GAME, If you want END GAME play MARIO BROS. It is the same thing over and over at the same level of power until you get a buff or a "better" piece of equipment... I REALLY HATE MICROMANAGEMENT...

This. =)
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
Hi, i don't use to play games like the WOW or things like that, no matter if the graphics are stunning and the shape and controls are different; because... the game, the core of the game... goes about the same. Study the game's system, learn what's more powerfull and get it; join the stronger (based on this parameters...) team (aka rallying party) and get the best numbers on your character's profile or whatever.
I'd stopped playin "so called RPG" games because they'd turned into that and i don't find fun in that or in there.
Same goes for the FPS games, if the game goes just about get the best equipment and reach X level to unlock X perks, equipment or whatever... then it looses the fun for me.
I play to have fun, any game; most of the people don't care what the game goes about, the character that they choose to play with or how you progress on the game's history line. They don't have time for that (because job, studies, family, et..) and most of the times too... they don't have mind for that.
Im not one of those mass consumers, i do care about what i get and use and how i do it, so i've to suffer too what "the industry" have for us, if i ain't like it... i don't buy it... so i don't have many games. The last game that i bought was the Blood Bowl - Legendary Edition, and i enjoy it with my Nords, but i don't play in PvP, the next game that i may buy... could be the WH40K Space Marine; but i don't have much faith on that it gonna be a good game at the height of the WH40K's background and literature.
I do have faith in what this men from NZ are doing and i belive that they're making something that i gonna enjoy; the thing looks good and i hope to see it soon. Let's C ya
Punk's Not Dead = Semper Fi.
Last edited by Wipman on Jul 25, 2011, 2:25:24 AM
I'm playing Borderlands... again :)
This is my 4th playthrough I think.
I mention this, because Borderlands is the closest thing for me to the Diablo feeling of "Oooo, shinies!".
I play for the random loot, not for the quests (they are nice, but come on, I'm playing from the start for the 4th time).
"
BTrayaL wrote:
I'm playing Borderlands... again :)
This is my 4th playthrough I think.
I mention this, because Borderlands is the closest thing for me to the Diablo feeling of "Oooo, shinies!".
I play for the random loot, not for the quests (they are nice, but come on, I'm playing from the start for the 4th time).

Yeah Borderlands is cool like that. Diablo with guns. And sand.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
Loved the RANDOM CHALLENGES that boarderlands brought to the table and enchanted me with.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
It was a very good game. I played like 55 hours on it and still have like 30 hours left planned.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info