Teaser Screenshot from new Unique Map

"
abcnever wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Simple fix, lock everyone in the room once the fight starts, just like with bandits

that's a very good solution.

Yes, better yet. Give credit for unique first kills only for group/solo attempts without any of the players (accounts) having the credit yet. It punishes some guilds a bit but it still is valid for racing as a group to the first positions. And ofc, you need to be present and live through the fight to get the credit.

Today I've been mostly harmless.
"
Chris wrote:
we will try to avoid structuring competitions in this way in the future.

That's
"
Prosciutto wrote:
SO much people whining, 10 pages full of whining, and nobody noticed that in that screenshjoot, near the opened chest its full of orbs on the ground lol

psssshht, that's only more orbs for people buying atziri kills, keep it quiet.

"
Knightmare101 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Simple fix, lock everyone in the room once the fight starts, just like with bandits

So basically everyone gets 1 portal? It's a nice suggestion, but it simply won't happen. With the midnight pieces selling for almost an exalt, there's no way GGG is going to only give you one chance at it.

Uh? No, that isn't the way it works. It's only that TP's in and out reset the fight. If the fight starts, nobody can join anymore. But you can reset the fight in order to let one join into the room. It doesn't make any difference to the amount of portals that can be used.
"
TRV wrote:
"
TheLurker wrote:
For all the 'players' who bought an Atziri kill, GGG should make a mandatory micro-transaction that gets applied instantly to all the player's characters, cannot be removed, and serves as a Badge of Shame that immediately identifies these Dregs of Humanity in-town and in party so that they may be incessantly ridiculed forever after by other players, as long as their account shall live.

And thus, these Miscreants of Monetary Misappropriation would always be a reminder to everyone - AND to GGG - of everything that is wrong with the 'Gaming Community', and a warning towards both future generations of players, and a reminder for GGG's further League development activities.

Spoiler

;)

Define bought. Is someone that borrows an item buying their atziri kill? If you have someone join you for a specific skill set your character doesnt have, is that buying your kill? If you bought your shards to get into the map, is that buying your kill? If you traded for the perfect gear after watching someone else kill atziri, is that buying a kill? If you have killed atziri already, and boost a friend through it that normally couldnt do it, is that any different?

There is services that cost 20ex, and you'll get the kill, as they'll kill her for you. Now that's buying the kill.
Well, that's more content that I'll only see if I'm lucky or if I shell out currency, but new maps are fun. :)

I don't buy that anyone at GGG could possibly be surprised at how the Atziri contest went and how much negativity and hard feelings on all sides it has caused, and so I'll not say, "I told you so." You knew yourself, and you did it anyway.

But it is what it is, and it's been all said.
I'm not upset. What i am though is curious. What is the micro transaction your character received?

"
I bought a Invasion Atziri Kill. Direct all hatred toward my inbox.

If I can legitimately buy an in game service, and I want it, and it's within the rules of the game, I will. Can't really blame the player, the blame rests on those who didn't forsee this exact thing happening and put a system in place to stop this service for ever being available. I could have made a build to do it, but by the time I would have done it the top 50 would have been all bought up.

If GGG decides to take away my Top 50 credit, I will not be upset at all. The service wasn't very expensive and I only decided to pay for it due to it's availablilty.

Anyone who is directly angry at other players about this, get a hold of yourself, it's a video game, control your overzealous vitrol and direct your criticism towards the creators of the problem (GGG).

Really glad to hear that things won't be like this in the future. Even though there will be ways to cheese it pretty much any way you do it, unless you take certain measures.

A suggestion or idea of mine would be to make future contests only count solo kills, and once a player in the top 50 kills the boss and recieves credit, any of the gear they are wearing cannot be traded until the top 50 kills have been achieved.
Just make it SOLO ONLY. Problem solved.

FINALLY, Race Season! And 85 Minute Fixed Seed, oh boy does that arouse me excite me. I loved the 100 Minute Fixed Seeds from last Season, it lessens the RNG factor of bad Zone Spawns, and really lets people push for progression (and it makes maphackers have no advantage, but I prefer to live in my magic world where they don't exist..:S)

With 85 minutes though, I know I'd BARELY be able to get to Sarn, with only a of couple minutes left to farm it. I'll probably just farm Act II in most cases, or just not play the slowest Race Class.. :S

If that Unique Map has Strongboxes, that'd be really cool! And I <3 Fairgraves, that old Sea Dog. :P

Vaal Storm Call will probably be like that one Corrupted Boss, or like Atziri. Many SC's dropping on cursor for a couple seconds.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Imo, a great solution would be to just check the logs of every Invasion kill and those who bought the kill, get a (mandatory) second chance to do it on their own.
If they succeed, they have earned their mtx, if they die, they've lost their character.

And to everyone saying that trading is part of the game, it's also always been part of the game that microtransactions are not tradeable under any circumstances.
Also some trading used to complete a small part of a big set of challenges over 4 months can in no way be compared to paying someone to do the whole work of a "50 first kills win a mtx" challenge!

And no, this is not because i'm jealous or anything like that. I don't think, i would have managed to get an Atziri kill but i liked the idea of still having a chance at it as long as only a few players managed to pull it off.
Now it's more like "The first players did it, the other rewards will now be sold by them".

Basically, the first few players got 10 mtx each that they can sell to other players.

You can look at it however you want, it may be legit but it was never the way this competition was supposed to be and even if you might not be able to call those people selling/buying the kill cheaters, they at least destroyed the event and ruined the fun of that challenge for the rest of the players. Well done...
"
Hilbert wrote:
Craft ingredients. But meetings look rather like that:

Ohh edgy
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
The ongoing self contradiction of your game vision is so amusing, Chris.
It was worrying at one point, then quite annoying, now it's just so hilarious to watch unfold.

Where is it worrying? When a game while still in a Beta version made it to best of the year?

when is it annoying? Where a Indie game has had 5 million signed accounts within the first two years of testing?

What is hilarious to watch? the unfold of patch after patch, update through update, thousands and thousands of active folk, on a 6 months old baby free-to-play game ?

Before playing judge, make ur own.
Balance is not made of 1 Good singularity, its the difference from a right amount of Positive and Negative. Perfection does not act as a real condition,
nor D2 will ever come back, u know?

/long live Chris Design

Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
Last edited by jahcinto on Mar 25, 2014, 11:51:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info