Teaser Screenshot from new Unique Map

"
Although it does make the game look really bad when the Devs decide to make something limited edition and then purposely make it so players can pay in-game currency for something that is supposed to be a difficult accomplishment.

Nothing new, the shopping achievement each league they actually call 'extremely difficult challenges'. The whole game design is cheesing challenges, removing RNG and skipping progression with currency, currency that is easier gotten from doing non-challenging activities. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't purposely gate and try to prevent success in anything by any other means.

Absolutely astounding that the PoE community who on the whole worship at the altar of path-of-least-resistance lolfest suddenly take issue with the latest manifestation of the core design.

Even more astounding that GGG continue with their flawed vision and Homer 'Doh!' at the repercussions it brings.

But, they know what is and isn't fun for everyone, won't budge on the insistence that anyone pointing out the flaws is just wrong and continue to provide what has now become merely entertainment value in a slow motion train crash.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 25, 2014, 8:26:14 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
It's signature race is an 85 minute fixed-seed race, which is very interesting now that there are Corrupted Secret Areas.

No it's not corrupted areas suck and favour maphackers.

You don't know what fixed-seed means, do you?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
great, but where are the palms,maidens,dolphins and such, I thought this game is gritty...
There are other race modes without the map revealed they suck with corrupted zones.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
It's signature race is an 85 minute fixed-seed race, which is very interesting now that there are Corrupted Secret Areas.

No it's not corrupted areas suck and favour maphackers.

You don't know what fixed-seed means, do you?

Pretty sure he's talking about races in general and not just the signatures. Fixed seed is pretty much just a bandaid fix to maphacking, but it can't be the solution.

"There are tons of people cheating/maphacking, what do we do?"

"I got it, give everyone maphacks!"

I mean imagine if Valve had instead of banning wallhackers and aimbotters in CS just given everyone wallhacks and aimbots instead, CS would be a complete joke now. Sadly GGG is taking racing down that exact path.

edit: On thing I want to add though is that I'm fine with races being fixed seed next season, given that Vaal zones so significantly randomize the layouts of zones legit players had previously memorized. It would give such a huge advantage to maphackers if it wasn't for fixed seed.

But what this really shows is that whenever GGG make changes to the game racing is at the very bottom of the list of things they take into consideration.

Throw everything in there, vaal zones, shrines, make balance changes to gems that make absolutely no sense (cleave, anyone?), add overpowered skills to the game that ruin build diversity in races (Spectral throw, anyone?)... I just don't buy that Chris really cares about racing or ever even reads the race subforum, because all the community feedback is constantly ignored.

Which isn't a big deal, except that he publicly on a podcast claimed that they read all the feedback by racers and racing is at the very top of the list of things they care about. It's just a lie.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Mar 25, 2014, 8:49:43 AM
New Unique map is great, good stuff. However the map drop rates are terrible to say the least! So, no real change if the drop rates are not fixed!
Next time for a challenge such as this that requires an insanely hard boss fight, you should just give it to the first X number of people who complete it in the softcore league and ANYONE who completes it in the hardcore league.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
I mean imagine if Valve had instead of banning wallhackers and aimbotters in CS just given everyone wallhacks and aimbots instead, CS would be a complete joke now. Sadly GGG is taking racing down that exact path.

Then players would have wished walls to be removed too XD, because everybody is just camping in safespots moving in small circles ;D
Fixed seed *again*? It was horrifically boring last season having to do the same map exactly every time, and caused serious race burnout with me and my friends.

At least make it non-fixed seed so there's some small variation in the signature races.
WOW , a pirate map with lots of strongboxs !! Seems cool (miam cartographer box ^^)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info