[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

Any particular reason why use dual strike over reave?
I was using reave with concentrated effect, multistrike, melee phys dmg and faster attacks because I didnt have enough chroms to get setup you were using and now that i finally changed for that my dps is like 4-5k lower.
"
TommyXe wrote:
Any particular reason why use dual strike over reave?
I was using reave with concentrated effect, multistrike, melee phys dmg and faster attacks because I didnt have enough chroms to get setup you were using and now that i finally changed for that my dps is like 4-5k lower.

I am slightly sceptical since dual strike use both weapons whilst Reave only use one. True you will
have an additional gem slot but that should not mean that Reave does more damage than Dual Strike which use two weapons both weapon benefiting from all gem slots.
@ Ninedeadeyes

You know I love this build and want to play it at least until level 90, but at the moment I am a little bit frustrated and I hope you can help me.

I love to play my character, and hate to skip any map bosses, but I really have troubles with some of the Bosses and I hope you can tell me why, because my goal was to facetank most of the Bosses in this game with enough instant live leech and damage !?

Level 87 - 4,9k Life - 49k DPS

74 / Residence Map / Dominus
76 / Crematorium Map / Megaera
76 / Academy Map / The Arbiter of Knowledge

I read that Megaera and the Bookboss should be no problem to facetank with enough damage and lifeleech, but every time I try it I dye. So hopefully you can tell me what I am doing wrong. And even if I don´t try to facetank them I have a hard time with these TWO !

Thanks in advance,

Nagash

"
Nágash wrote:
@ Ninedeadeyes

You know I love this build and want to play it at least until level 90, but at the moment I am a little bit frustrated and I hope you can help me.

I love to play my character, and hate to skip any map bosses, but I really have troubles with some of the Bosses and I hope you can tell me why, because my goal was to facetank most of the Bosses in this game with enough instant live leech and damage !?

Level 87 - 4,9k Life - 49k DPS

74 / Residence Map / Dominus
76 / Crematorium Map / Megaera
76 / Academy Map / The Arbiter of Knowledge

I read that Megaera and the Bookboss should be no problem to facetank with enough damage and lifeleech, but every time I try it I dye. So hopefully you can tell me what I am doing wrong. And even if I don´t try to facetank them I have a hard time with these TWO !

Thanks in advance,

Nagash

I don't know about other players but even though I can kill all those bosses I do not
face tank them..

For all 3 above bosses you have to play with skill which mean you whirl blade until they
use there uber attack ( dodge it ) and then after you go and hit them a couple of times and then when they release there uber attack you repeat process.

Its similar how I kill Atziri and the Trio boss ( watch vid ) .. You have go in for a few
hits and then go when they do there attacks and when they finished their uber attack you go
in for the kill again.

My build isn't a 'tank' build but has the ability to kill bosses with some skill with the
hit and run tactic

My other recommendation that compliment my above tactic is to change flasks for
the different bosses and to swap out your melee splash for ' added fire damage' to
increase you dps.

To be honest you not need anything over 40k dps so if you can I would respec your build
for more hp than dps esp if you swap out melee splash your dps is going to be very high.

Hopefully this helps :) .. I might add it to the guide

ps : it takes a bit of practice, but after a while you understand the pattern and understand what to do when they are doing x y z.

pss: you might also consider buying an atzir boots. I used it against atziri to incrase your spell dodge but I don't need to do this for any of the 3 bosses you mentioned above.

psss: use your Vaal gems against the bosses ( only time I use them to be honst )

pssss: One last thing, some mods on maps should not be run with certain maps. For example -75 fire resist for Magaera ( that is a death sentence ) even with elemental weakness make sure you
have max resist
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jan 31, 2015, 5:19:53 PM
Sorry if this is covered in the guide but why use level 1 incinerate on the "4 linked Cast on damage Blind incinerator totem gems" ? The CoD supports up to level 31 so why not level incinerate a little?

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
Last edited by swenoobwin on Feb 19, 2015, 6:27:31 PM
Don't know if already answer(many pages haha), i'm new here, but Bloodseeker is good?
Last edited by Bash on Feb 15, 2015, 7:28:15 PM
"
swenoobwin wrote:
Sorry if this is covered in the guide but why use level 1 incinerate on the "4 linked Cast on damage Blind incinerator totem gems" ? The CoD supports up to level 31 so why not level incinerate a little?

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

incinerate is use for the blind not for the damage. If anything you want it to do minimum
damage when you have MF gems in your main attack ( if they do too much damage there is a chance
of monster dying from it )
"
Bash wrote:
Don't know if already answer(many pages haha), i'm new here, but Bloodseeker is good?

I wouldn't recommend it for my build since you have got vaal pact already. I guess you can
make a version of my build with it that use life regen but without vaal pact.
hy i want to ask if is good using Daresso's Defiance and who is better Daresso's Defiance or Carcass Jack pls tell me master ...........
Iam using this build currently on torment level 52 Merciless Act 1, I have 6l tabula rasa and slitherpinch gauntlents. I have problem with resistances and some mana problems too. Need some mana leech which is 4% for both hands. Please Suggest something. This is my first character.My dps is only 4.8k.
Last edited by sachinatdx on Mar 9, 2015, 2:10:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info