[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
sachinatdx wrote:
Iam using this build currently on torment level 52 Merciless Act 1, I have 6l tabula rasa and slitherpinch gauntlents. I have problem with resistances and some mana problems too. Need some mana leech which is 4% for both hands. Please Suggest something. This is my first character.My dps is only 4.8k.

If you read the levelling guide you should be able to find out what you need to do to sort out your resist and mana issue for this build.

Sometimes 6 linking too early isn't always the best option until you got your mana sorted but I'll just put in a mana leech gem or use some of the stuff I recommended Thank you
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 11, 2015, 6:47:29 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks for this guide. Torment is my third season playing PoE and I decided to finally get around to running a claw build. I dont have crystal clear memories of Diablo 2 like some folks do, but I do remember enjoying my Assassins with claws.

I can say that indeed this build is fairly cheap to run. The most expensive things I bought for the build were the Astramentis, Maligaro's Gloves, the obligatory tri-res rustic sash and the fuses I used to 6-link my Carcass Jack. (took about 800-900 fuses back in December and January if I recall)

My Gear

Gorge Run @ Lvl. 84
"
Hi,

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks for this guide. Torment is my third season playing PoE and I decided to finally get around to running a claw build. I dont have crystal clear memories of Diablo 2 like some folks do, but I do remember enjoying my Assassins with claws.

I can say that indeed this build is fairly cheap to run. The most expensive things I bought for the build were the Astramentis, Maligaro's Gloves, the obligatory tri-res rustic sash and the fuses I used to 6-link my Carcass Jack. (took about 800-900 fuses back in December and January if I recall)

Thanks for the kind words. I actually found that you don't really need a 6 linked carcass jack to do high level maps and even a post nerf Bringer of Rain will do. One cost 2 to 3 ex whilst the other 30ex. You can easily cut down the costs with just that one change :)

Meginoid's girdle is also really cheap if you want a good but cheap belt too. I bought a really expensive belt but then realise Meginoid's was marginally better.
Thank you for this great guide. This is my first POE charactor and since I love Assassin in D2 and Monk in D3 I choose Claw Shadow in POE.

I am at lvl 75 now with no problem at all on leveling up. The only gears I bought are two 240 pdps claws. Sitting at 14.4k dps, 3.4k hp and max elemental resist I can farm 69 map easily. I am considering getting Bringer of Rain for upgrade, but then you will lose one 4 Link right? Which one is not that important? Now since I can farm easily, I won't use Vaal summon skeletons and Vaal Grace, but I use them a lot when leveling up and I suppose I will also use them when facing strong bosses. Bringer of Rain has blind so maybe no need for the blind totem?
Though on reave ?

I don't have a carcass jack, and I haven't got the money to test a +20q lvl20 reave gem, but it doesn't seams too bad compared to dual strike for mob packs.

Btw, my current gear is :
I'm at 50k tooltip dps, 3.7k life.
Spoiler

If you fellow shadows have though on my stuff, feel free to share.

I haven't bough an item worth an exalted orb yet, but I farmed 2, and I'm looking to invest, but don't want to waste by choosing a shitty item.

edit : I'm lvl82.
Last edited by Pandaroux on Mar 13, 2015, 9:10:32 PM
"
hupple wrote:
Thank you for this great guide. This is my first POE charactor and since I love Assassin in D2 and Monk in D3 I choose Claw Shadow in POE.

I am at lvl 75 now with no problem at all on leveling up. The only gears I bought are two 240 pdps claws. Sitting at 14.4k dps, 3.4k hp and max elemental resist I can farm 69 map easily. I am considering getting Bringer of Rain for upgrade, but then you will lose one 4 Link right? Which one is not that important? Now since I can farm easily, I won't use Vaal summon skeletons and Vaal Grace, but I use them a lot when leveling up and I suppose I will also use them when facing strong bosses. Bringer of Rain has blind so maybe no need for the blind totem?

No worries.. and yeah if I was to use bringer of rain I will discard the blind totem.. the vaal gems I only use for bosses but if you don't have problem with them then you can discard those instead.
"
Pandaroux wrote:
Though on reave ?

I don't have a carcass jack, and I haven't got the money to test a +20q lvl20 reave gem, but it doesn't seams too bad compared to dual strike for mob packs.

Btw, my current gear is :
I'm at 50k tooltip dps, 3.7k life.
Spoiler

If you fellow shadows have though on my stuff, feel free to share.

I haven't bough an item worth an exalted orb yet, but I farmed 2, and I'm looking to invest, but don't want to waste by choosing a shitty item.

edit : I'm lvl82.

The issue with reave it is a single handed attack which mean your attack is effectively halved. Its a good gem but not for a true dual wielding build

ps : I'll go for a bringer of rain if budget is tight. You might need to run elemental resist aura but aside from that its a poor man's 6 link carcass jack
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 14, 2015, 5:46:51 AM
The bringer of rain is that good ?

I've already got a 5L chest
"
Pandaroux wrote:
The bringer of rain is that good ?

I've already got a 5L chest

Unless you really want to min max this build you really don't need a 6 linked carcass jack.

If you do feel like a big investment i'll go for the Bringer of Rain which costs 2 to 3 ex compare to 25 to 30 ex.

I bought my corrupted one for 20 chaos but it was before the Forsaken Masters came out.

My only suggestion is instead of going 'acrobatics' you might want to go Iron reflect with some
evasion nodes since you don't benefit from the block with acrobatics.

Saying that if you are having a good time levellling then just continue with the 5 linked armour.

I probably use this passive tree and run grace and hatred. ( Should be able with max mana reduction gem )

]http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYEswW1FCAVIBX2Ff0WvxhdGbQaOCP2JP0mlScvKaUqCyo4Kk0s6TB8NZI2PTwFPC0_J0X0R35KfUrITP9Nkk4qUEdRR1HZVUtW-luvYEFh4mJ5YqxjcGSvZU1nm2egaPJsjG1sbqpvV3BSd9d343xLfVt_K4Kbh3aKOIwLjDaNfY2_kFWWdJo7naqiAKLZpn-pbqxHrfGuPq9ssJKw2LGztMW1SLXytz65fL02vqfAZsLsxq7K09i93Q3hc-Of5FHnVOw47LDtQe8O73zwH_Pq-uv8xf4K_5P_3g==
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 15, 2015, 11:29:58 AM
If you use acrobatics with bringer of rain, it takes the 15% block chance down to 11%, so it's not that bad because you also get 30% chance to dodge. Iron reflexes is a bit more variable. You get the 15% block (+4% chance) but you also get more benefit from the armor rate of bringer of rain, which I guess is around an extra 3-4% damage reduction (if you only look at that item), i.e. around ~220-250 extra armor.

So, overall, I think I would actually prefer acrobatics. What do you think?

Edit: Btw. using a 5-link Carcass Jack with Reave-Concentrated effect-Melee phys-faster attacks-multistrike I get around 10k more dps (using a build similar to your regular build) using abyssus in the helm slot. it's possible to do high level maps, but it's much more yolo because of abyssus.

Edit2: Oh and for reave: it can be even cheaper - use 1 high dps claw mainhand (as reave only uses this weapon for dps) and a bloodseeker in the offhand. You can then also skip vaal pact completely.
Last edited by grindst0ne on Mar 23, 2015, 9:22:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info