[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
Tritos wrote:
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
Tritos wrote:
I've posted on this thread before so this is just an update. I'm hitting a wall now at lvl 70 where my DPS and defense is not good enough and I'm too poor effectively upgrade my gear and proceed. I've had a blast with it up until this point, just not committed enough to farm a bunch and keep going with it.

Link us your items and passive tree and lets have a look :)

At level 70 you shouldn't be far from reaching end game if not there already.

Here's the gear. The character is in Standard league.

I know the claws aren't high enough DPS for certain, resistances are ok. I can make it through 66 maps if I focus and play super safe, but I rarely don't make a net xp gain. :( My net worth is probably 1.5 exa so really unsure how far that will get me here. Any input appreciated.

Well one thing.. I am assuming your hp is super low because barely any of your equip
has life on it.

That might be your biggest reason why you are having such a hard time.

Another thing, is you can easily get a 5 linked for 2 or 3 gcp or get a 5 linked carcass jack for 2 to 3 exalts. ( you need faster attack gem too for the 5th slot )

Yeah you are right your claws are super low too.. ( 130 pdps roughly )

If you had proper claws ( high physical dps = high mana leech) you won't need such a high clarity ( when I was using it I only had it up to level 5 to 7 the most )

Generally speaking if you got low physical damage claws which mean you can't leech life, also having such low hp means you won't be able to take big hits so I understand why you are struggling.

My biggest recommendation is try to either get some equipment with some
hp on it and if your elemental resis falls use the 'elemental resist aura'

visit poe.xyz to do some buying..

Your other option is to farm the crap out of docks and just be patient

ps : once you get into maps you can also group up for exp bonus and so its more safe.
I hit level 86 and decided to try to outfit some MF gear.

Here's my stats--3.4k HP, 19k dps, 21k dps with 3 power charges, 75% all resists -60% chaos lol and 235% MF.

Spoiler

The MF gear was surprisingly cheap. Got it all for under 2 exalted easily. Some items I even got for free because the people selling the gear left standard for other leagues.

MF Gear including a 12% quality IIR gem for 63% added IIR.
Spoiler

I can solo Dominus easily. Even did a level 72 Jungle Valley map with 2 bosses that do high chaos damage and just used a chaos flask, sat in the middle of a zillion spiders and the bosses and came out unscathed.
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

Well one thing.. I am assuming your hp is super low because barely any of your equip
has life on it.

2200 with about 110 es, I've never been this high before so unsure what it should be.

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

My biggest recommendation is try to either get some equipment with some
hp on it and if your elemental resis falls use the 'elemental resist aura'

visit poe.xyz to do some buying..

I'll focus on that with what little currency I have.

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
ps : once you get into maps you can also group up for exp bonus and so its more safe.

Wow, got to 71 relatively fast with a group, cool.
I made a HD video of the Dominus fight with my 235% IIR gear set. In his final form he doesn't even manage to land a hit before he dies. He dies even quicker with full dps gear on. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDlaU85bsSs
I got these claws and I still only have 4.3 k dps

Spoiler

My gear:
Spoiler

Passive:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYB3AOHBbUMjQ1JDkgPqxX2G60eGiP2JpUoKio4MFQwcTB8NJM6Qj1lQFVKfUt4TipQQlFHU99VS1b6WNtaSFuvYSFh4mJ5Y3BlTWegbWxte25pb1dwUnBycNV0QXTtd9d4DX11fyuE2YTvh3aH24w2jX2Nv5KAlWaZV5uDoi6nNKluqn-quLTFtUi2Qb6KvqfAUcS4xqLQ7tN-1CPV-NaK3Q3dqN724urjhOd06NbrFO4O73rv4-_w96P8xf66_5M=

Last edited by LuqiiThas on May 27, 2014, 11:50:28 AM
Because you're not using dual strike, your only attack is whirling blades which is not the primary attack for this build.

You should have a rustic sash belt for added physical damage if you're concerned with dps.

If you sell your Abyssus and get a Tabula Rasa or a 5 link Carcass Jack you could get dual strike in there with some good support gems and kick up your dps, plus you can get some resists on your helm and drop them in other areas to add more life and dps. Gloves with added phys damage and attack speed would be a nice increase.
"
Freakynorm wrote:
I hit level 86 and decided to try to outfit some MF gear.

Here's my stats--3.4k HP, 19k dps, 21k dps with 3 power charges, 75% all resists -60% chaos lol and 235% MF.

Spoiler

The MF gear was surprisingly cheap. Got it all for under 2 exalted easily. Some items I even got for free because the people selling the gear left standard for other leagues.

MF Gear including a 12% quality IIR gem for 63% added IIR.
Spoiler

I can solo Dominus easily. Even did a level 72 Jungle Valley map with 2 bosses that do high chaos damage and just used a chaos flask, sat in the middle of a zillion spiders and the bosses and came out unscathed.

Sweet ever though about adding some IIQ too ? its always best to get a balance

For example : 2 rares ( norm )
7 rares ( 250 iiq)

but 9 rares (200 iir 50 iiq )
LuqiiThas : Listen to Freakynorm.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on May 28, 2014, 2:40:21 AM
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

Sweet ever though about adding some IIQ too ? its always best to get a balance

For example : 2 rares ( norm )
7 rares ( 250 iiq)

but 9 rares (200 iir 50 iiq )

Maybe after the next patch when they up the % of upper tier rares.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info