[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

My bad, it is fixed now you should be able to see my profile now.

Thanks!
Well I got a Kaom's Heart drop and I wanna try it out but I'd be losing Double Strike... would the build be still fine with just Spectral Throw? Or should I respec some nodes?
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Right now I see a 2H sword on trade that's 5L and 540pdps with additional crafted fire damage (which you could always change to something else) for 150c, which is a pretty good deal.

You could run starforge and ditch hatred and herald of ash for blasphemy and vulnerability, but starforge is really expensive.

I am only on act 5 with this build, but have a kondo's pride, so use that until I can afford a 500dps weapon?

When will I hit a rush of power that puts my dps over 100k? because my dps now is 4k for act V.

Now level 71, killed Kitava, average around 36k DPS with HOA, Hatred, and Flame Golem. Faster attack gems on both main attacks not equipped but grown ready for 5L. My main concern is my resistances are now only 65%-70% and do not have much chaos resistance and my life is only 2.8k. Do have life nodes and a couple more dps nodes to level in. Started mapping. Been following your level play but deviated once to take Dex +30.
"
Serale wrote:
Well I got a Kaom's Heart drop and I wanna try it out but I'd be losing Double Strike... would the build be still fine with just Spectral Throw? Or should I respec some nodes?

Don't have to change much. Search in the tree for anything that says "melee" and spec out of that and into straight physical damage or projectile damage. Let me know if you need a sample tree.
"
texasgoldrush wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Right now I see a 2H sword on trade that's 5L and 540pdps with additional crafted fire damage (which you could always change to something else) for 150c, which is a pretty good deal.

You could run starforge and ditch hatred and herald of ash for blasphemy and vulnerability, but starforge is really expensive.

I am only on act 5 with this build, but have a kondo's pride, so use that until I can afford a 500dps weapon?

When will I hit a rush of power that puts my dps over 100k? because my dps now is 4k for act V.

Now level 71, killed Kitava, average around 36k DPS with HOA, Hatred, and Flame Golem. Faster attack gems on both main attacks not equipped but grown ready for 5L. My main concern is my resistances are now only 65%-70% and do not have much chaos resistance and my life is only 2.8k. Do have life nodes and a couple more dps nodes to level in. Started mapping. Been following your level play but deviated once to take Dex +30.

Thought I answered you but kondos is fine for now. You won't hit 100k until you have a 5L setup, bare minimum. also your damage is normal for act V
"
Cex79 wrote:
My bad, it is fixed now you should be able to see my profile now.

Thanks!

Your gear is pretty bad. Keep your amulet, helm, gloves and belt for now and find items that all have at least 50 life on them. Also you want stuff with physical damage on it...not elemental. Might have some stuff you could have so hit me up in game if you want.
Edit: I swapped to Lacerate instead of Spectral. Seems nice aoe, and I can swap to Double Strike for single target too, so i won't have much problems with those melee nodes now xD
Last edited by Serale on Sep 3, 2017, 6:04:03 AM
Hi guys, I'm just wondering what I can do to better my character in Harbinger? I've followed this guide pretty specifically... what's the thing I need to start working on next. (Other than a new belt)

(My gear)
Spoiler

Thanks for any input!
I actually don't get how I can cast Hatred, HoA and Grace with Enlighten? Am I doing the maths wrong? Even with my Alpha's Howl it seems the reserve will still be to high?!

Beside that - this is the most fun build I tried till now! I get instagibbed by some enemies but struggle far less than with my Arc-based witches before. :-)
"
Serale wrote:
Edit: I swapped to Lacerate instead of Spectral. Seems nice aoe, and I can swap to Double Strike for single target too, so i won't have much problems with those melee nodes now xD

good call.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info