[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Crouserman wrote:
Hi can you update your Ascendancy please?

Raider

Slayer

Passive point after each of those
"
Serale wrote:
How do you deal with reflects? I have 50% reduced from Slayer and 25% from Pantheon and I still die to my own attacks :/

Fortify, flasks, and hit multiple enemies at the same time to leech back what you can. You probably need a higher life pool. Also, you shouldn't run reflect maps (if THAT'S what you're talking about) since you don't need to.
"
texasgoldrush wrote:

So now I am on maps, completing T5's, doing 55k dps with double strike (with H of Ash, Hatred, and Flame Golem activated), 10k with spectral throw, maxed out resistances except chaos, but with 3.3k life. I rarely use leap strike and isn't linked. I now have a 5L armor with double strike.

How do I get more dps and life, I have several dps and life boosting items. I am about to drop the game because I am sick of the cheap deaths I have been getting. I feel like immortal call CWDT isn't working.

IC isn't working because IC is too high of a level for CWDT. If you read the description of CWDT, it supports spells up to a certain required character level. You can simply level your CWDT up and you'll be fine.

You should buy an Atizir's Promise flask since it is cheap and a lot of DPS and leech.

You should get rid of that helm ASAP and find one with a lot of life and 2-3 resists. Contact me as I may have something for you. Amulet has no life on it, left ring has low life on it...just need to incrementally upgrade your gear with more life on it and get your flasks in order.
"
Exobit42 wrote:
"
texasgoldrush wrote:

So now I am on maps, completing T5's, doing 55k dps with double strike (with H of Ash, Hatred, and Flame Golem activated), 10k with spectral throw, maxed out resistances except chaos, but with 3.3k life. I rarely use leap strike and isn't linked. I now have a 5L armor with double strike.

How do I get more dps and life, I have several dps and life boosting items. I am about to drop the game because I am sick of the cheap deaths I have been getting. I feel like immortal call CWDT isn't working.

Sounds like what I'm experiencing (on T7) and your setup is pretty similar to what I ran.
I dropped Goldrim and Magnate for Starkonja's Head and a Belt with ~100 life and resis recently. Gonna see how this works out, ~4300 life now. Oh, and I took Cloth and Chain to max my resis.

Good.
"
Exobit42 wrote:
"
indirect wrote:

I have lvl 4 enlighten and I still can't cast all 3. I can barely cast 2 together

I tried the setup in Path of Building and if I'm not mistaken you need a LVL 4 Enlighten (~210c) AND an Alpha's Howl with the -10% reserve enchantment for either Grace or Hatred (~90c).
Oh, not to Forget the 6L items to run Blood Magic.

Guess that's not my route unless I find a sponsor.

Yes...it's tough and not recommended for people on the cheap due to the cost of lvl4 Enlighten, but it's an option.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Mathew wrote:
I'm only at 60k dps with Double strike, spectral throw 15k dps.

Not sure what's wrong.

If you make your character tab public I can tell you, but 15k on ST is definitely not bad.

Updated. I know some of my gems arn't quite high lvl and my weapon probably isn't good enough (no attack speed, not sure if this matters).
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Serale wrote:
How do you deal with reflects? I have 50% reduced from Slayer and 25% from Pantheon and I still die to my own attacks :/

Fortify, flasks, and hit multiple enemies at the same time to leech back what you can. You probably need a higher life pool. Also, you shouldn't run reflect maps (if THAT'S what you're talking about) since you don't need to.

Yeah I was doing physical reflect maps xD
Guess I'll just avoid them now :(

I didn't have problems before, but that was before I switched weapons and such. Was doing around 35k before, now 100k. My 6.4k hp, reductions, regen and leech cannot handle my damage now lol
"
Mathew wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Mathew wrote:
I'm only at 60k dps with Double strike, spectral throw 15k dps.

Not sure what's wrong.

If you make your character tab public I can tell you, but 15k on ST is definitely not bad.

Updated. I know some of my gems arn't quite high lvl and my weapon probably isn't good enough (no attack speed, not sure if this matters).

weapon can be better eventually, but you are missing jewels in your available jewel sockets that can have life and 3 damage affixes on them. you should also take martial experience with the single node on the left instead of the 2 on the right of it.

when you eventually find a better weapon (500+ pdps) you will see the real payoff, but getting better gear (attack speed on gloves, weapon, atizir's promise flask) will bump you nicely.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
texasgoldrush wrote:

IC isn't working because IC is too high of a level for CWDT. If you read the description of CWDT, it supports spells up to a certain required character level. You can simply level your CWDT up and you'll be fine.

You should buy an Atizir's Promise flask since it is cheap and a lot of DPS and leech.

You should get rid of that helm ASAP and find one with a lot of life and 2-3 resists. Contact me as I may have something for you. Amulet has no life on it, left ring has low life on it...just need to incrementally upgrade your gear with more life on it and get your flasks in order.

Its activating, but it isn't working when I need it. Blood Rage has been awesome though. I can get up to 71k dps. And a divine orb on kondo's gave me extra 5k dps on double strike.

The helm is definitely my next step, since I got new gloves and boots that cover the resists. May keep it for chaos enemies.
Last edited by texasgoldrush on Sep 5, 2017, 1:47:52 PM
About the leveling the passive tree:
It is suggested that we invest our skill points into two-handed passives like 'Destroyer', 'Executioner' and 'Wrecking Ball' very early on.
But according to [1] we will get more sockets in two-handed weapons only with higher item levels.
Would it make sense to delay the acquirement of these skills and get something like 'Iron Grip' first? Until then I would use a 1h weapon + shield with 3 linked sockets each.

[1] https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_socket#Number_of_sockets

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info