[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
texasgoldrush wrote:
Can this build easily take out the Shaper?

I don't think any build can easily take out the Shaper

Can this build do well in Tier 13-16 maps and endgame bosses?
"
texasgoldrush wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
texasgoldrush wrote:
Can this build easily take out the Shaper?

I don't think any build can easily take out the Shaper

Can this build do well in Tier 13-16 maps and endgame bosses?

Yes. I recommend a solid weapon (5L with at least 500pdps) for it to feel comfortable.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Yes. I recommend a solid weapon (5L with at least 500pdps) for it to feel comfortable.

What would an example of such a weapon be? Or do I get all that through the build?

Will Kondo's pride work?
Last edited by texasgoldrush on Aug 29, 2017, 2:36:27 AM
"
texasgoldrush wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

What would an example of such a weapon be? Or do I get all that through the build?

Will Kondo's pride work?

Right now I see a 2H sword on trade that's 5L and 540pdps with additional crafted fire damage (which you could always change to something else) for 150c, which is a pretty good deal.

You could run starforge and ditch hatred and herald of ash for blasphemy and vulnerability, but starforge is really expensive.
So far I'm having fun with this build but I am having trouble with higher tier maps (can barely do t12 and have died a couple of times to some mods) and people say I have too little hp.

Can someone review my toon and see how I could improve my life? Without it costing me a liver? Lol

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Serale/characters?characterName=SeraleEverstar

Currently sitting at 4.6k
"
Serale wrote:
So far I'm having fun with this build but I am having trouble with higher tier maps (can barely do t12 and have died a couple of times to some mods) and people say I have too little hp.

Can someone review my toon and see how I could improve my life? Without it costing me a liver? Lol

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Serale/characters?characterName=SeraleEverstar

Your profile is set to private.
Have you seen how many Spectral Throw builds are over in the Ranger forum? Like, five of them. Those projectile damage nodes must make people go crazy for ST.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Right now I see a 2H sword on trade that's 5L and 540pdps with additional crafted fire damage (which you could always change to something else) for 150c, which is a pretty good deal.

You could run starforge and ditch hatred and herald of ash for blasphemy and vulnerability, but starforge is really expensive.

I am only on act 5 with this build, but have a kondo's pride, so use that until I can afford a 500dps weapon? Could I chance on one?

When will I hit a rush of power that puts my dps over 100k? because my dps now is 5k for act V with hatred and flame golem, but with herald of ash not yet activated.
Last edited by texasgoldrush on Aug 29, 2017, 2:21:14 PM
"
Serale wrote:

you need to find more life on your gear while keeping your resists capped. also, you are using a rat's nest, which is fine if you want some crit and more damage, but you are missing out on 100+ base life and tri resists from a helm. there are even some unique helm's (like the bear one...staronjka's or something) that have life on them.

your daresso's life roll is a little low but probably not worth divining.

your rings are great for now. amulet life roll is low, maybe try to find something with 70+ life and a high phys roll.

gloves and boots are ok for now.

belt: find something with more life and more resists...go for a leather or heavy base.
"
bravehoptoad wrote:
Have you seen how many Spectral Throw builds are over in the Ranger forum? Like, five of them. Those projectile damage nodes must make people go crazy for ST.

Yeah, since Ascendancy was a thing, there are some powerful things over that way. Elemental penetration included.

I left this build as a Scion because by nature of the Scion, there are so many ways to tweak this build if you want to. Focus on melee or focus on projectiles, more life or more damage, bleed, fortify, armor, dodge, etc. Everything is within reach and there are a ton of jewel sockets too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info