[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
ProudLikeAGod wrote:
OP, it seems no-one has told you that you can right-click levelled gems to dismiss them from the UI without levelling them (to avoid misclicking them when other gems level). They still appear at the bottom of the character inventory screen should you want to change your mind.

Yeah, not sure why it took me forever to learn that haha. I figured it out last season after years of playing. Hoping to put up some more videos this season.
Hey. Loving the build so far. Currently lvl 81 and i have some currency to spend, so was wondering which would be the best in slot chest armor for this build? A rare one? since i dont feel i need a 6- link i can afford to spend about 3 ex on it.
I just got raped by dominus at 53, but I had so bad gear my mom would be ashamed of me. All I had was Rigwald's sword and i killed everything. I had 10 fire res, 4 cold res and 23 lightning res and 500 armour at 53 lol. So as long as you update your gear to have decent defensive stats this build is very nice
Can i play this as a duelist with this skill tree?

Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecDAAUtBWYHdQmWDF8OPBDwFCAUcRXsGJEaPhpVGuQbqhynIVUhYCSbJyApLimlLPsx-zIJMn41kjboOQ46UjwtQKBBdEMxRJ5HfkrITP9QR1OlU7tYr1oaXhNfP2EhYxdlTWebaqVsRm6qbydvO3JsdO108XgNeHp673y4fpqBOoIHg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiI-I7YoiivCXeZpqm1ify6cwqSepbqmUqfquPrXytz65HbyfvTa-p7_VwBrApsEHwzPGrsqQ1ljXfti92Xzawdw94J_h7-RR6UbvDvJa9039MP4K
"
Hörppy wrote:
Hey. Loving the build so far. Currently lvl 81 and i have some currency to spend, so was wondering which would be the best in slot chest armor for this build? A rare one? since i dont feel i need a 6- link i can afford to spend about 3 ex on it.

i still have to experiment with daresso's and see if that works well. i had a 5L last season that's now in standard but i also have one (not 5L) in talisman. would have to mess around with other gear to get the resists back.

generally though, yes, a rare armor. 3ex is a lot...you can definitely find something totally useful for less. it really depends on the rest of your gear because all the pieces fit together like a puzzle. if your resists are already capped, find a cheap 5L with high armor, evasion, or both with a high life roll. my friend gave me a 5L chest many levels ago and i got pretty lucky rolling it. maybe used about 5 scour and 5 alch to get this:

"
KoolaidBro wrote:
I just got raped by dominus at 53, but I had so bad gear my mom would be ashamed of me. All I had was Rigwald's sword and i killed everything. I had 10 fire res, 4 cold res and 23 lightning res and 500 armour at 53 lol. So as long as you update your gear to have decent defensive stats this build is very nice

lol

yeah i was using rigwald's charge until i was like level 70 or something. its a great weapon for this build and it's cheap.

with capped lightning resists, i can usually facetank dominus (aside from the touch of god shit)
"
HerrWolf wrote:
Can i play this as a duelist with this skill tree?

Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecDAAUtBWYHdQmWDF8OPBDwFCAUcRXsGJEaPhpVGuQbqhynIVUhYCSbJyApLimlLPsx-zIJMn41kjboOQ46UjwtQKBBdEMxRJ5HfkrITP9QR1OlU7tYr1oaXhNfP2EhYxdlTWebaqVsRm6qbydvO3JsdO108XgNeHp673y4fpqBOoIHg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiI-I7YoiivCXeZpqm1ify6cwqSepbqmUqfquPrXytz65HbyfvTa-p7_VwBrApsEHwzPGrsqQ1ljXfti92Xzawdw94J_h7-RR6UbvDvJa9039MP4K

you definitely could. your layout is efficient too. you could ditch the accuracy/dex/int nodes near the marauder if you were good in that category.

i like the scion's starting point better because of the access to additional jewel sockets/nodes and resists early on. you could just as easily get there by starting as a duelist and working "backward".
Bought the 5-link Daresso. Lets see how it goes :) . Main issue i have had so far are those .5 second frame drops which kill me, so maby those few endurance charges will help me out.
"
Hörppy wrote:
Bought the 5-link Daresso. Lets see how it goes :) . Main issue i have had so far are those .5 second frame drops which kill me, so maby those few endurance charges will help me out.

i just commented on another guy's post in the tech support forum. i have been having lag/latency spike issues the last couple of days. seems like a lot of people are.

also if you are running daresso's, be sure to experiment with and without immortal call. i suspect it would be better to keep it on, especially for bosses, but there might be some utility to not using it (IE: surviving high elemental damage hits)
Dude, can you tell me your Spectral Throw dps?
I'm doing this build and i'm level 69 now with 4.6k of dps in spectral throw without charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info