[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Carfal88 wrote:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAOygDlmBDbj2DCb68guSQEYqvSshuqrXycmxsRjIJeA3AGqluWK826BpVYSGE76kneHqplIdqhNlHfr02ZU2-p9rBQzG_1VO7RJ507QUteu9AoF4TIVUnIIoiLPvApgd13D108SFgKaWnMAHnn8s1kti9_gq3Pjwtg8zGrhrkiI_9MGqlU6Ucpwxfrj5nm0F03HN2K4CK903kUTkOCZaXeesJ7w5QR18_FCAaPikufLiGYDpS

None of the skilltrees actually included the iron grip, that's only why I asked, it was pretty obvious it was supposed to be in the build I guess, sorry. xD
Haven't played since last season so figured they might've changed something

I haven't been using poebuilder because it isn't updated yet. How are you trying to view the tree? You can just copy and paste the link in the original post and it should work.

...but nope, same stuff but better since they buffed Spectral Throw a little
Ohh.. I was just checking your build from the first page of this thread?

Edit: sorry, my bad, I noticed you had the sample tree at hte top. xD
I just scrolled down to look at your leveling poe.builder stuff.
Thanks!
Last edited by Carfal88 on Dec 17, 2015, 12:33:29 AM
"
Carfal88 wrote:
Ohh.. I was just checking your build from the first page of this thread?

Edit: sorry, my bad, I noticed you had the sample tree at hte top. xD
I just scrolled down to look at your leveling poe.builder stuff.
Thanks!

no, thank YOU, because I will remove those for now and make new ones
I'm gonna have a go with this on hardcore and let you know how it goes. I'm gonna focus mostly on ST and throw in the new ST jewel. It looks fun tho, ty for the guide.

Also, do you think Resolute Technique would be worth taking?
Last edited by KoolaidBro on Dec 17, 2015, 10:32:01 PM
"
KoolaidBro wrote:
I'm gonna have a go with this on hardcore and let you know how it goes. I'm gonna focus mostly on ST and throw in the new ST jewel. It looks fun tho, ty for the guide.

Also, do you think Resolute Technique would be worth taking?

In my experience, I have never had a low enough chance to hit that I felt that I needed it. On top of that, if you are using a sword, you actually do end up critting quit a bit.

The only reason I would take RT is if I found a totally epic mace and went for the nodes near RT for extra damage. It's a little inefficient overall, but in that scenario, it could be worth it.

Weapon preference is sword first, axe second.

Just be sure to get your defense set up properly first. If you don't take enough life, you can get one or two shot easily...but that is pretty much across the board in this game.

Good luck! Let me know how you like it.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Dec 18, 2015, 8:39:13 AM
Hello again!
I have a question about your choice of gem links, why not go with Greater Multiple Projectiles rather than lesser if all we use ST for is AOE and clear?
"
Carfal88 wrote:
Hello again!
I have a question about your choice of gem links, why not go with Greater Multiple Projectiles rather than lesser if all we use ST for is AOE and clear?

That's an interesting question I think. I'm not the OP obviously and I have a pretty limited experience with this game, but from my experience (played through normal in the last big patch) Lesser Projectiles does the job fine and most of the time hits most of the enemies. You can try Greater though and I think many of us will be interested in your findings.
"
Carfal88 wrote:
Hello again!

Personally i don't like GMP, nerfs the dmg too much. But then again in softcore it could be nice change, but in HC, as OP said, you need to kite more and try to avoid getting hit, this can go for bosses aswell, so the GMP wouldn't be worth it in HC. But that is my opinion
OP, it seems no-one has told you that you can right-click levelled gems to dismiss them from the UI without levelling them (to avoid misclicking them when other gems level). They still appear at the bottom of the character inventory screen should you want to change your mind.
"
Carfal88 wrote:
Hello again!

ST is actually still pretty good for single targets that you want to keep distance on or kite. You will likely do more of this in higher difficulties (IE: enemies/bosses than can one shot you, enemies that explode, etc).

GMP, as Koolaid said, decreases damage of ST too much. Also the mana cost of GMP is greater.

The AOE on LMP is still awesome. You can use GMP if you want but make sure you try both...I think you will like LMP better for the damage. The reduced mana cost is a bonus at higher levels but probably a quality of life inrease at earlier levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info