Why Do People say Storm Cloud Long Bow is garbage?

Last edited by nekroSTD on Apr 9, 2014, 2:44:05 AM
Why does it matter what other people say about an item or a build?

If you like it - play it!
If not - reroll a new one you enjoy until you change your mind....
❝ Wraeclast SAIN†S ❞
"
Why does it matter what other people say about an item or a build?

If you like it - play it!
If not - reroll a new one you enjoy until you change your mind....

I was just curious, because I got alot of flac when i said I was using it in game chat. Actually had someone argue with me and call me all kinds of different stupid. I will continue using it atleast until I get my 6 Link Thicket Bow
"
nekroSTD wrote:
And to everyone screaming gosh noob you don't 6 Link that Bow, I wasn't trying to 6 Link it. I was trying to 4 Link it like this chest is
or 5 Link if I got lucky. I didn't have anymore Crhomatics at the time, so I needed those 4 specific links linked. I had 16 Fusings and gave it a go. On 12th Fusing it 6 Linked.

I feel like if you mentioned that to begin with no one would have given you shit in chat or in this thread. Sometimes lucky 6 links happen.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
nekroSTD wrote:
gives me over 500DPS more then the best Physical Damage Bow

Which is then mitigated by mobs resistance, which in turn is doing less damage that the physical one would. Even with lightning pen, you are lost likely still doing less.

Tooltip DPS does not always tell the whole story about your actual dps output.
Last edited by whoismiked on Apr 9, 2014, 7:29:48 AM

My opinion:

Spoiler
I like to much this bow. This is the only bow that does pure elemental attacks. This is the Voltaxic Rift's lil' brother :D

The only problems of this bow, is the "No Physical Damage" option.

Almost all bow gems have increased physical damage bonus per level. Skills like Barrage, Split Arrow and Lightning Arrow depends on physical damage to increase their power, decreasing the bow's damage potential. The only exceptions are Explosive Arrow and Elemental Hit.

In my opinion, the Templar is the best class to use this bow, because he have lots of Elemental Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage nodes close to him, and other useful stuff to add, like Resolute Technique, Avatar of Fire, Static Blows, Amplify, much more lightning damage nodes near the Witch, etc.

With the right investment in passive skill tree, this bow can be easily a super powerful end-game bow, behind only to Voltaxic Rift. Unique quivers (Drillneck, Hyrri's Bite and Rearguard) can help.
Não sou arqueiro, mas pelo menos tenho meu estilingue.
Last edited by SkGuardian on Apr 11, 2014, 7:25:20 PM
~b/o 10 exa
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Just an update of how Storm Cloud Long Bow is Doing.
Spoiler
"
h3rp3s wrote:
~b/o 10 exa

"
nekroSTD wrote:
Just an update of how Storm Cloud Long Bow is Doing.

I'm glad you're having fun but I'm pretty sure you could do all that and more with something like the item linked above your post. (We won't even talk about Windripper.)

Yes, the Storm Cloud is an amazing leveling weapon. But to brag about what you're able to accomplish with it really doesn't prove a point, it just demonstrates how much more potential you could have with a better bow.
Last edited by feyith on Apr 13, 2014, 3:52:46 AM
dear OP:

you could have achieved THE SAME result with low lvl bow that happened to roll 1,79 attack speed. this and only this property of your bow matters

damage ALL comes from auras and your elemental build

your bow could do LITERALLY zero damage and your dps would go down by less than 1%

that means that your bow IS garbage, but DESPITE it you managed to create viable elemental build.

congratulations

btw:

Short Bow of Renown (14-16%attack speed bonus, ilvl30 suffix) == Storm Cloud when it comes to attack speed

Arcing or Shocking suffix takes care of damage part.
done, entire Storm Cloud in two affixes

it is just - like with all elemental builds - fast base weapon that counts.

Last edited by sidtherat on Apr 13, 2014, 4:23:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info