Why Do People say Storm Cloud Long Bow is garbage?

"
"
bo7like wrote:
"
People say it's garbage because the majority of people are mindless idiots who aren't capable of thinking on their own. They don't back anything without a streamer supporting it first. :|

Or maybe players are calling it garbage for a reason and youre just being hipster

Uhhh, nope, I'm still right on this one. It's a game. Stop crunching numbers nerd and learn to enjoy yourself. You're running around killing monsters, who cares if the item doesn't MAXIMIZE YOUR EFFECTIVE DPS RATIO HEEEE HHHEEEEE

Uhhh, yeah, you are not right on this one at all.

EDIT: removed insults after I read your list of character names. I can see you are still a child and it isn't right to insult children.

Someday you will find out math is not your enemy :)
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Apr 6, 2014, 2:12:44 PM
Again I'm not saying this is the best weapon in the game, but it is no where near garbage. My Shadow Died so I deleted him and made a new witch Using my 6 Linked Storm Cloud. If I could afford getting a Windripper I would but they run around 90 Exalteds for a measly 5L/6S. I'm in the process of trying to 6L
and then will scour it & craft a better Elemental Bow. But Seriously I spent Less then 3 Exalteds On making my 6L Storm Cloud Bow. And I've Cleared up to 68 Maps so far. I'm Level 68. and this is my DPS on Split Arrow ( I got rid of Rain Of Arrows and use Barrage to cull Rares and Uniques)
Last edited by nekroSTD on Apr 6, 2014, 5:31:17 PM
"
spiesswart wrote:
which lets you get a nice MORE dmg by lowering the resistances sub zero...i dont think you can do that with phys dmg...

I... what?

If you have a penetration support gem, you can bring the damage penalty you take from 60% to 25%, for 87% more damage of that element than without it, but still is less than the tooltip will claim.

Bosses have 60% curse resistance last time I checked, so a single elemental -resistance curse drops it to around 0% resist; dual curse would put it to around -20%. And uh, Vulnerability exists, you know?

Elemental damage is always impactfully worse than the HUD claims. The magnitude of which depends on what you're fighting - Anger + Wrath and no penetration against trash mobs, is fantastic. Against a boss, quite a bit less so.

It's just simply really difficult to build up base physical damage from gear, and the support gems that multiply it are scarce: Melee, Melee on Full Life, Projectile, Faster Attacks, Increased Crit Multiplier and Multistrike.
"
alkkine wrote:
My current build seems to be relevant......
Frenzy 5link

lightning arrow 4link

4 frenzy charges up level 69 with pretty meh gear.
Should be noted that the stromcloud is a 1.8APS

Can you link your tree and gear? That is actually pretty impressive.
"
sidtherat wrote:
low lvl uniques that are worth 6L?

Searing Touch
Soul Mantle
Quill Rain
Chin Sol (for double PB dip)

and maybe few other/new uniques that i havent seen yet

Cloak of Flames.

It provides really amazing mitigation, double dips with AA, and gives Chance to Ignite for certain Builds that need it. It's a really underrated piece, and I think would be worthy of being 6L'd. ~.^

And Chin Sol is real nice, like 340dps as long as mobs close-by. But I'd just 6L the chest you're using, easier resell.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
nikals wrote:
Next up is 6-link Darkscorn.

How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
And to everyone screaming gosh noob you don't 6 Link that Bow, I wasn't trying to 6 Link it. I was trying to 4 Link it like this chest is
or 5 Link if I got lucky. I didn't have anymore Crhomatics at the time, so I needed those 4 specific links linked. I had 16 Fusings and gave it a go. On 12th Fusing it 6 Linked.
"

Uhhh, yeah, you are not right on this one at all.

EDIT: removed insults after I read your list of character names. I can see you are still a child and it isn't right to insult children.

Someday you will find out math is not your enemy :)

Nope, still right on this one.

You don't know how to have fun unless someone tells you how to.

Stormcloud is a great bow. It shoots arrows made of lightning.

Go back to your nerd dungeon and crunch some more numbers, nerd.

Bring me your findings on why Stormcloud sucks and why you hate the OP because he's enjoying himself and finding some success using it and has skepticism on why people dislike it.

Stick-in-the-mud-la-la-la-na-na-na-no-fun-nerd.

Am i the only one wondering, why OP didn't link his 6L Bow into this thread? I mean, those numbers could be from any(!) two bows...
these numbers are from auras, not from bow:) 95%+ of that listed damage is from auras if not more. you can get similar ele dmg with a thicket with aspd roll and lightning damage roll

and you get all that phys dmg for free! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info