Why Do People say Storm Cloud Long Bow is garbage?

Bow is good. Maybe not the best.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
sidtherat wrote:
these numbers are from auras, not from bow:) 95%+ of that listed damage is from auras if not more. you can get similar ele dmg with a thicket with aspd roll and lightning damage roll

and you get all that phys dmg for free! :)

Again I stated this already. I realize a Thicket Bow would be better. But 6 Link bows don't grow on trees. I have a 6 socket Thicket Bow I'm Trying to 6 link. Used 300 Fusings so far and haven't even got a 5 Link. Again took 12 fusings to 6 link my storm Cloud Bow. If I spent over 10 Exalteds on the bow then it wouldn't have been worth it. But I spent a little under 3 exalteds on it (almost all on Chromatics after 6 linking it to get GGRRRB)

"Edit" and 95% is a little bit of exaggeration :) before Auras my Split arrow is a little over 2500. with Auras now it's over 7,500 if i switch out my
for
(which I do when Farming piety) My dps is Just Under 8,400 at level 72
Last edited by nekroSTD on Apr 8, 2014, 1:53:46 AM
"
malvar wrote:
Am i the only one wondering, why OP didn't link his 6L Bow into this thread? I mean, those numbers could be from any(!) two bows...

I did link my bow in original post. Scroll the picture over I am hovering over the bow.

here I am at level 71 with split arrow. Scroll the pic to see me hover over the bow.
Last edited by nekroSTD on Apr 7, 2014, 9:30:01 PM
Well, at least you made a pretty significant profit on your stormcloud, although a tabula + the bow below (couple chaos bow) would probably be better.

You should have also gotten an alt-art one, they look much better.

Last edited by empressaria on Apr 7, 2014, 9:34:39 PM
"
empressaria wrote:
Well, at least you made a pretty significant profit on your stormcloud, although a tabula + the bow below (couple chaos bow) would probably be better.

You should have also gotten an alt-art one, they look much better.

No chance would A Tabula be better. I would get killed every 5 minutes. I need the Damage Reduction from Lightning Coil.
"
nekroSTD wrote:
"
empressaria wrote:
-snip-

No chance would A Tabula be better. I would get killed every 5 minutes. I need the Damage Reduction from Lightning Coil.

The creator of the crit windripper build used one for a while (and is now using a voll's, which doesn't provide that much more defense). Wouldn't the extra clearspeed make up for losing some damage mitigation?
"
empressaria wrote:
"
nekroSTD wrote:
"
empressaria wrote:
-snip-

The creator of the crit windripper build used one for a while (and is now using a voll's, which doesn't provide that much more defense). Wouldn't the extra clearspeed make up for losing some damage mitigation?

Possibly I guess, but without Lightning Coil I'd only have 25 percent Evasion and zero armor If i wore a Tabula Rasa. While wearing Lightning Coil I get 10% Damage Reduction from Armor, 30% Evasion Rating and 40% of physical Damage turned to Lightning Damage and Right now I have 81% Lightning Resists. Plus I get 12% more Damage reduction from my 3 Endurance Charges.
I'd be scared to wear a Tabula Rasa cause If i got 1 shot I'd stop playing the character.

God I would Love to have a 6 Link Windripper :)
Last edited by nekroSTD on Apr 8, 2014, 8:50:22 PM
"
"

Uhhh, yeah, you are not right on this one at all.

EDIT: removed insults after I read your list of character names. I can see you are still a child and it isn't right to insult children.

Someday you will find out math is not your enemy :)

Nope, still right on this one.

You don't know how to have fun unless someone tells you how to.

Stormcloud is a great bow. It shoots arrows made of lightning.

Go back to your nerd dungeon and crunch some more numbers, nerd.

Bring me your findings on why Stormcloud sucks and why you hate the OP because he's enjoying himself and finding some success using it and has skepticism on why people dislike it.

Stick-in-the-mud-la-la-la-na-na-na-no-fun-nerd.

Please stick to the topic as shown on the thread title: "Why Do People say Storm Cloud Long Bow is garbage?"

Also, Storm Cloud doesn't shoot arrows made of lightning. If you look at the picture of the bow:

You'll see that there is, very clearly, an arrow there.

Even on the alt artwork 3d art, the character is seen holding an arrow when firing the bow, and even when fired, an ordinary arrow can clearly be seen in flight.

(I can't find one with an arrow in flight, so you're just gonna have to trust me on that)

At the very most, what we have is a bow that enchants the arrow with electrical energy, which can easily be done via the "Lightning Arrow" skill.

Therefore, your only argument about why Storm Cloud is a "great bow" is invalid.

And as for the actual question. Personally, I view the Storm Cloud as an alternative to the Quill Rain, with slower attack speed, no projectile speed, and no added dexterity. However, what it has over Quill Rain is an inherent 1-75 lightning damage, an absence of the "reduced damage" modifier, and easier mana management due to said lower attack speed.
This isn't going to make anyone change their mind aboot the weapon, but This is the first time I was able to solo Merciless Dominus without using a teleport. By far the best build I have ever made, and it would never of happened if I didn't accidently 6 Link this

Anyways Good Luck and Have Fun
"
nekroSTD wrote:
This isn't going to make anyone change their mind aboot the weapon, but This is the first time I was able to solo Merciless Dominus without using a teleport. By far the best build I have ever made, and it would never of happened if I didn't accidently 6 Link this

Anyways Good Luck and Have Fun

link your build and gear please

2500 split arrow from this bow BEFORE auras sounds.. suspicious. this is not a crit build so there is no chance for crazy multiplier other than few 'ele' nodes scaling ele dmg from gear * WED. starting from ~60 lightning dps it is quite a feat to make it to 2500 (without auras)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info