The Plan for Cut-Throat Mode

Sweet ! Time to install PoE again , been waitin for over a year for this !
Extra Gore and Bloody Footprints as PK counts grow might be awesome.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
It's about time!
Another quality ZAP! post.
This mode sounds great!

I would really like to see it in hardcore mode though, since I will most likely not be playing it if it is on standard. Perma-death can be removed so that you just respawn naked in town (a fate almost as bad)

It just seems logical to cater for the hardcore community, since they will most likely have a bigger interest in such a challenging game mode.
Last edited by 16439147 on Mar 14, 2014, 7:28:25 AM
"
Non-hardcore cut-throat is usually more fun than hardcore cut-throat. Grabbing your backup set of items and trying to hunt down your killer to get your stuff back is so much fun. While permadeath is cool, it prevents a lot of the recovery aspect of cut-throat.

Gonna be straight with you guyz :P. Diablo 2 was substitute for killings in real life for me (not saying that I am a killer:D), I want this great game to became the same.

Thats the only way I ever coming back... I just cant play vs creeps forever. I need to kill people. Plz make HC cut-throat -_-
I played older online games that had a hardcore mode like this...some MUD's did back in the 90's and they were a blast. PVP is always fun if it's done right especially team PVP so hopefully we would see guilds teaming up and so on. I think they should be 4 month leagues like this Invasion one that just started. I don't know if you should lose all your items but maybe some sort of middle ground. I would definitely try a server like this.
I'm absolutely all for a cut-throat league. If / when this league comes out permanently or even for a 4 month league, it is probably what I'll play. But what concerns me is not being able to regain your skill gems. I haven't read threw all 18 pages of this post, so it may have been suggested. But any skill gems that you have linked in your gear should be saved. The only reason is that some builds are built on these skill gems, and if you lose them you could have lost your entire character, which would essentially, make the league hardcore. I'm absolutely all for losing every single one of items, but your gems should be saved. Possibly the ability to "lock in" one of your items, which would be saved if you die, or their gems. But I really think that gems are too important to lose, unless higher level cut-throat is going to be designed to completely destroy your character. Just comparing this to a game like diablo2,when people would gank you and steal all your items, you still had your abilities which would let you come back from death, but I think that losing all your items and all your skills is pretty much the same as putting you back at the start, and you may as well re-roll because you'll have to do the quests to get your skills back.
I agree with your point, but I think that you should make both hc and sc cut-throat leagues. It would be interesting to see who will survive the longest than it is not safe anywhere.

Although I approve of this cut-throat league I probably won't participate although I would like too. The main reason is this.

In the old text based RPG's the attraction of the PK environment was that it was reasonably simple to participate in but also simple to rebuild the set of equipment. Getting Pked and loosing your set of Dwarven spiked and enchanted Iron sword involved a whole 10mins of killing the right mobs to replace that equipment. In a game that is based on RNG to obtain equipment the potential loss of that equipment is insanely detrimental.

Unless your are going to introduce a method that enables players to obtain a ground level basic set of equipment(ie a basic set of blues by class) by killing some defined mobs then a PK league will have a limited life and starting a new character will be very difficult.

On the flip side incorrect pairing and slaughtering of the youth will result is a very boring league. The only real way to counter this is to make it extremely rewarding to kill equivalent power or above (not just talking about level) and the reverse for lower power, unless you are the the defendant. Essentially making it so that killing someone below your level gives you nothing. The defendant retains all equipment.

I am just not convinced that level is a significant measure to work with. There is a massive difference between level 60 in "some Gear" and a level 60 in a well designed set of equipment with 20q spells and skills with perfect sockets.

The alternative is to make it a free for all and narrow the equipment power spread by a massive amount.

A permanent cut-throat league sounds cool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info