1.1.0e Patch Notes (hotfix)

Nice hotfix, some of those were quite needed tbh !
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I am glad that Searing bond at low level got balanced out, but it still does not change the fact it needed a slight buff for end-game content, just like how Spectral Throw got the treatment. Nerfed at early level, buffed at end-game. That is unless you are a fan of triple stacking curses, than that will be an annoying chore to handle.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
I am glad that Searing bond at low level got balanced out, but it still does not change the fact it needed a slight buff for end-game content, just like how Spectral Throw got the treatment.

Searing Bond is still strong and it certainly doesn't need an end game buff of any kind. Yes, for end game content you actually need more than 4L, and you have to use curses, and you need to put points in related passives. And guess what? The same is true for every other skill, except that most of them still have higher requirements and don't perform as well.

This game needs a public test server where balance changes can be tested by everyone before they go live. This update and the five hotfixes (most of them nerfs) showed to me once more that the playtesting/QA is the game's weak spot.
Last edited by Mivo on Mar 10, 2014, 7:50:17 AM
where is
-Set the soul counter on the gem, not on the instance (ofc making it totally reset when use a wp to prevent norm farm)
-Make champions, elite and boss give more souls
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 10, 2014, 7:56:47 AM
"
Mivo wrote:
Searing Bond is still strong and it certainly doesn't need an end game buff of any kind. Yes, for end game content you actually need more than 4L, and you have to use curses, and you need to put points in related passives. And guess what? The same is true for every other skill, except that most of them still have higher requirements and don't perform as well.

This game needs a public test server where balance changes can be tested by everyone before they go live. This update and the five hotfixes (most of them nerfs) showed to me once more that the playtesting/QA is the game's weak spot.

It cannot be helped that Searing Bond does not have much support to begin with. Increased Burning Damage + Empower is the only way to go. I actually started lvling up another Mara that is fully specced to Ancestral Bond and I am using skills like Searing Bond + Flame Totem back when both skilled got buffed. I have always been afraid of making an elemental character (with the exception of RF) since they all got butchered before even reaching maps. Butchered as in, barely doing any damage since there is too many elemental resist mobs, and even the specific ones. I had to spec into double curses back then to make them better, but overall I ended up having to sacrifice a good amount of points to get to whisper of doom.

In the end, it was counter-productive and had to retire my characters numerous times. When I brought back my characters from retirement by having physical damage involved in the builds, the sky finally cleared up.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 10, 2014, 8:15:48 AM
Really good commitment to 1.1, E hotfix already, fkn top notch effort.
Really good fixes! Thanks
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
Nerf cart boxes saw that one coming we hit 4 yesterday all +5 to box level our map pool is insane now...

Oh well it was nice while it lasted.
IGN MasterDavid
Shop Threads:
Rampage Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1008652
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/poe_masterdavid
Cart box nerf. God damn it.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
KenshiD wrote:
"
Amaroid wrote:
"
KenshiD wrote:

I may have missed something somewhere, but how exactly got LL nerfed. I heard that statement a lot but I really don't understand what is different.

I know Vaalpact got "nerfed" because for 40% effectiveness. But that isn't the issue here.
Can you elaborate or link me to where it is discussed?

From the 1.1.0 Patch Notes:
"
The way leech applies to the player has changed. If you leech additional life while currently leeching, it no longer queues after the current leech. Technically, where multiple leeches are stacked, the largest one is used.

Basically, life leech is much worse now if you hit large packs of monsters at the same time, because you don't get the leech from every monster you hit, but only from the largest hit.

@Searing Bond:
Before I got Searing Bond, I levelled a Fireball gem. Lvl 8 Fireball + Added Lightning Damage + Fire Penetration + (I don't remember the fourth support I had) was much, much, much, much worse than a single un-supported Lvl 1 Searing Bond. Like, 1/4th as effective. That's crazy.

Oh well this explains why my duelist now sucks in HC.

Hmm I don't like this change. It ruins characters who weren't all that great to begin with.

Although Vaal Pact causes you to leech life at 40% effectiveness, it will restore the ability for leech to stack. So Leech % is applied to the total damage to all monsters if you AOE attack a pack of enemies, instead of just the enemy you inflicted the strongest amount of damage upon.

The new Vaal Pact also lets you retain the use of your potions/flasks, but you lose natural life regeneration.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 10, 2014, 9:38:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info