[2.3] Shakk's Cyclone Build. A story about a man and his fists.

"
Valakd wrote:
can you post your cyclone dps with these gems please?

cyclone fortify blood magic faster attacks conc = 65968
cyclone fortify blood magic melee phys conc = 78601
cyclone fortify blood magic faster attacks melee phys = 61830

Considering not running Fortify on a 5L, for example running Cyclone, Blood magic, Faster attacks, Conc, Melee Phys gives me 93342 dps.

I honestly don't think the AoE range is that bad anymore, specially if you use both Aoe increase jewels, you will 1 shot mobs most of the time anyway.
is these dps's is with auras+golem on? or clean non buffed
"
diabloxxx400 wrote:
is these dps's is with auras+golem on? or clean non buffed

buffed, with no frenzy charges
I don't know if I wanna drop fortify, I lose 6k dps (unbuffed 24k down to 18k) but I feel like the 20% dmg reduction is just too good to give up.

Tier 4 and beyond maps are just too hard to me, I do decent dmg but bosses and even some rare bosses kill me super fast, any suggestions about my tree (i wanna refund the rampart nodes because I tried them and they're terrible) and gear? (ik I need to get better fb but i'm poor and used my first ever 2 exalts for the carcass jack)

I have 3,6k life and 42% phys dmg reduction (excluding fortify) and overcapped resistances

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAO4EswUtBTwGOQkzC2EMXwz3Dc0UIBUgFewZtBo-G5ccpxzOIWAppSpNK1As6S2DLlMvzDJONZI8BTwtPQ8_J0CgR35IeErIUEdRYFOlXhNfP2FSYuxlTWebaPJuqnKpdO108Xk5eu982X7ig1-DzITZhO-Gs4rwogCplayvrj6vbK-ntfK2irc-uR29Nr6nwGbAv8GCxPbFU8auypDRNtNv2L3awdwy4izkUelG7w7vTu988B_yL_MG9zL7qv4K_lT-jw==

The jewels are the unique one that gives +1 unarmed range and the other 2 are crap I need to get better ones asap

Last edited by Arawh on Oct 8, 2015, 4:55:46 PM
"
Arawh wrote:

Tier 4 and beyond maps are just too hard to me, I do decent dmg but bosses and even some rare bosses kill me super fast, any suggestions about my tree (i wanna refund the rampart nodes because I tried them and they're terrible) and gear? (ik I need to get better fb but i'm poor and used my first ever 2 exalts for the carcass jack)

I have 3,6k life and 42% phys dmg reduction (excluding fortify) and overcapped resistances

I honestly think you're lacking a lot of life, none of your jewelry has life, not even yout shield has life, you're losing an easy 700life from that. You should fix your sockets and links.
I'll start off by saying that this is one of the most straightforward and fun builds I've played in a long time. It's been quite a while since I've run a life-based phys face beater (facebreaker?), and I'd forgotten how supremely satisfying it can be. A few random thoughts:

In lieu of a 4-link devoted to auras as I mull going three auras + enlighten, I've devoted a four link to a Vaal Cyclone setup. Currently it's VC - Item Rarity - Item Quantity - Reckoning. I've found VC to have a great deal of utility. The relatively small radius and fairly slow movespeed of cycloning on big, open maps like Tropical Island and Dried Lake make VC really shine. The IIR and IIQ gems give a nice, healthy dose of magic find to an otherwise straightforward skull crusher of a build.

Abyssus increased damage taken was tough to manage at first. For those wondering, in my experience the problem was largely solved by shopping for an Abyssus with no more than 42% increased damage taken, running a CWDT - Duration - Immortal Call - Temporal Chains setup (not a setup that's in the guide, but a personal flavor and favorite of mine), making liberal use of both granite and jade flasks, getting a bit of leech on gear, and running Blood Rage (for its leech) as much as possible.

This build scales flat phys so fucking well I can hardly believe it. My DPS jumps by thousands even with relatively poor flat phys rolls on my rings / amulets. Get some. Love some.

I find Fortify + Rampart to be an overall more "wholesome" selection than mere Added Fire. Though the latter is going to be a huge DPS boost, Fortify is a solid boost in its own right in addition to having a (effectively) 100% uptime with cyclone and a flat 35% reduced damage taken that you just never have to deal with.

Legacy facebreakers are worth the investment. Legacy Meginord's (10-20 added phys over 5-15) are also worth it and cheap because of that phys scaling.

Gear as of now, currently shopping for a good deal on legacy Rumi's and a better shield which will lead to better rings / amulets due to lessened resistance load:

Last edited by ConsPark on Oct 16, 2015, 3:36:44 PM
New expansion announced, we're getting a "subclass", choice between Gladiator and Champion. Gladiator making your attacks do bleed and making their corpses explode could increase dps while the passive "block applies to spells is HUGE, few wasted points since some of the talents there need a one handed.
As for Champion, passive Fortify with a lot of armor and some damage.

Need to think about this one, if there's no choice of "respec" I might end up having to level an extra character between now and expansion to test.
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Nov 20, 2015, 6:04:49 PM
Hi ShakkaFL.

What you think about the new Blade Vortex skill? I know its not for fb cyclone but the idea loooks similar and fun. Did you test them somehow?
Last edited by Asag on Dec 12, 2015, 3:26:43 PM
"
ShakkaFL wrote:
New expansion announced, we're getting a "subclass", choice between Gladiator and Champion. Gladiator making your attacks do bleed and making their corpses explode could increase dps while the passive "block applies to spells is HUGE, few wasted points since some of the talents there need a one handed.

Need to think about this one, if there's no choice of "respec" I might end up having to level an extra character between now and expansion to test.

I've hung in so far (only at lvl 63 1a merciless) by stacking passives n not allocating them cos I'm unsure which way to respec but that can't go on much longer so if anyone has discovered the optimum path I'd be grateful as I blew most of my 'wealth' on legacy FB's n dont have but a few regrets.
"
UreKismet wrote:
"
ShakkaFL wrote:

I've hung in so far (only at lvl 63 1a merciless) by stacking passives n not allocating them cos I'm unsure which way to respec but that can't go on much longer so if anyone has discovered the optimum path I'd be grateful as I blew most of my 'wealth' on legacy FB's n dont have but a few regrets.

I was just refering on the expansion coming in January, for this patch (2.1) the tree is the same as before.

@Asag

I haven't tested it much, but from what I've seen, it doesn't exactly scale well enough to use a socket on it.

Last edited by ShakkaFL on Dec 13, 2015, 5:43:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info