[2.3] Shakk's Cyclone Build. A story about a man and his fists.

"
Siggy1993 wrote:

Yea i can't seem to kill the Cycloner, whenever i try to damage him i die in seconds due to his trail, i usually kill the fire guy first then the Cycloner, i had looked at a few guides on it and they all seem to mention killing the fire guy first because he does insane damage if you leave him alive.

What can I say, I mean I never had problems with killing flame guy last (now I just rush them down these days as you can see on my video), it's what I used to do before my dps skyrocketed, always seemed to work fine. Flame guy will only hurt you when he's "fired up", so you can save your quicksilver and run away from him when he does that and when he stops pop a Rumi charge and dps him down. Try cycloner > demon woman > flame guy next time.
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Aug 1, 2015, 5:18:51 AM
I have really hard time to upgrade my gear because when i try change one piece then Im below cap res or not enough dex/int.

Got decent rolled Lioneye's Remorse but cant use, my ressist drop too much. Found amulet with res but than half my gear red due not enough int/dex :(

Any advice what to change first? What would be best upgrade (cant afford carcass jack yet)?

Heres my gear:

And heres the Lioneye's remorse I cant use :(

"
Asag wrote:
I have really hard time to upgrade my gear because when i try change one piece then Im below cap res or not enough dex/int.

Haha, I'm stuck in the same boat at the moment. What you could do to solve this problem is use jewels that give stats/res you need, also for res you can swap 1-3 dps nodes for res nodes, then take it from there.
Sup Shakk, and thanks for a really good guide.

I have a question for you though. Im 85 at the moment and thinking about going for the BIS chest. So carcass jack ?

You write in the guide:

"Do note that my gear is mostly Evasion based, so I can't currently drop IR, but as I switch my gear I'll drop IR. Armour version is much better than IR now, so if you're just starting your character, I recommend using the Armour one."

I have 100% armour on me (minus the little you get from facebreakers), and have followed the 100% armor passives with 2 auras no rampart.

If i want to go Carcass jack, should i also grab IR then and drop the armornodes? Or is there another alternative that would be better? I'm in Warbands btw.

Current chest and shield (not that great but fills the needs)

Thanks!
Last edited by viz0id on Aug 3, 2015, 9:36:24 AM
"
viz0id wrote:
Sup Shakk, and thanks for a really good guide.

I have a question for you though. Im 85 at the moment and thinking about going for the BIS chest. So carcass jack ?

You write in the guide:

"Do note that my gear is mostly Evasion based, so I can't currently drop IR, but as I switch my gear I'll drop IR. Armour version is much better than IR now, so if you're just starting your character, I recommend using the Armour one."

I have 100% armour on me (minus the little you get from facebreakers), and have followed the 100% armor passives with 2 auras no rampart.

If i want to go Carcass jack, should i also grab IR then and drop the armornodes? Or is there another alternative that would be better? I'm in Warbands btw.

Thanks!

At the moment the obvious choices are Carcass Jack or Daresso's Defiance, both have their good and bads when compared to eachother. Wearing Carcass while using armor version of the tree seems like a waste due to it only giving Evasion, but is in no way bad. If both gave same armor type, I would still choose Carcass, if only for the extra aoe and dps.
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Aug 3, 2015, 9:38:20 AM
"
ShakkaFL wrote:

At the moment the obvious choices are Carcass Jack or Daresso's Defiance, both have their good and bads when compared to eachother. Wearing Carcass while using armor version of the tree seems like a waste due to it only giving Evasion, but is in no way bad. If both gave same armor type, I would still choose Carcass, if only for the extra aoe and dps.

Thanks for a lightning quick respons!

So continue to use the armour passives and use the Carcass jack is what you would recommend? I feel like i would lose so much "value", but maybe it isnt that bad.
"
viz0id wrote:

Thanks for a lightning quick respons!

So continue to use the armour passives and use the Carcass jack is what you would recommend? I feel like i would lose so much "value", but maybe it isnt that bad.

It wouldn't break the build, no. It would leave you with less armour though. Since you're not playing on HC, using Carcass won't mean much, in the end you'll still end up killing monsters before they have a chance to hit you most of the time.

What I'm trying to say, whichever chest you decide to get, it's going to work just as well in the end.
hey around what level i should go for Sovereignty ? i am going armor tree + 3 auras
How does fortify exactly work? If you have 90% phys damage reduction an get hit from a physical attack doing 1k then you will only take 100. Does Fortify then apply to that meaning you only take 80?
"
Oldswole wrote:
How does fortify exactly work? If you have 90% phys damage reduction an get hit from a physical attack doing 1k then you will only take 100. Does Fortify then apply to that meaning you only take 80?

from the wiki "Fortify is a buff that grants the player 20% reduced Damage Taken from Hits for 4 seconds. This does not apply to damage over time, since it does not hit."

@TykE

It's one of the last things you should get, so 85-90s

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info