[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
sirdaxman wrote:

Im trying to get a rapith globe shield, but im poor atm. Right now i got 1865 dps, with haste aura it goes crazy like 2300 or 2500. But thats one of my problems, i got not enough mana, using clarity+herald of ice lvl 8 of Artic Armour. Its Discipline that worth? or should i run Haste?
Was thinking about getting a second cwdt setup with molten shell, maybe a frost wall, and something else. The 5L CoD i bought it with 1s, for 45c. Then eventually got it to 6s 5L, average cost would be 2.5 ex or so in total, so im happy with that.

Biggest concern with build would be 1 hit boss, like devourer or beyond boss and so. Vaal map boss was halfing my life with just the stone rain, so i ran fast out of there lol. Today i saw a friend lvl 83 with rightneus fire build getting ripped next to me cos 1 hit of cold beyond unique boss in a map lvl 72. We were alone trying to kill it and suddendly dead. i was surviving him, but he got 1 hit killed, and he had 7.6k hp and cold flask up. I had 3.6k hp only, around 200 es lol, but my cwdt+mom+aa on. Dunno what to do to avoid those situation, maybe getting max block and max spell block. Or just getting more hp.

Anyway, currently trying to farm some end game gear and orbs.

PD: i got some gear in bench for eventually gearing a bit better:

Dont know if dream fragments is really needed andI was considering getting the unique boots with spell block

Ok, so here my take on it... tree's very good, I forgot to compare them... but yeah, will do as it seems your gives more bang for the buck, kudos there. ;)

As for offensive/defensive side... I think since playing beyond you should stick with clarity and herald of ice solo... Adding additional auras ONLY if your mana after reservation = 40% of your total life, which I doubt it does since you only run lvl 8 AA.

So IMO here's what you should do... get rid of either cybil's or dark seer mace. Now I belive dark seer mace is for the blind? Even if so, just put blind instead of that culling strike if solo, and faster cast instead of that IIR, which you might do already but eh. And put in that place high ES shield with spell dmg. So 350+ ES shield with spell dmg, or 300+ w/e, can even do 250+ if you can get life and spell dmg on it, as that's big plus. Get an ES Helm with 70+ life and 150/200+ ES, craft res if you need on either of those... game goes for gloves etc. Craft cast speed or spelldmg on gear pieces you can. On jewelry side, get more life/mana regen on all of those so 40+ life and 40%+ mana regen on rings/ammy, and you'll be able to eventually run 18+ AA, unlike 8 which is seriously very crappy. Same goes for gloves/boots. I say ES, but can be AR/ES hybrids depends on rolls and socket colours you need. And get 20% or higher MS on boots, helps a lot trust me. As for flasks...

I'm a firm believe in insta flasks or I think bubbling, meaning half instant half regen. So get a white base or white superior base and 20q it, then roll seething. Same for granite but try to roll iron skin, as for movement speed flask I suggest you try and roll curse immunity on it, on it or granite... Increased %Armor is eh, yeah can use it with granite...

TLDR: So idea is, ES gear with life, so quite higher Effective HP Pool, ES gear cuz Mana pool > higher lvl AA, and mana regen/life on rings.... get rid of dark seer, and put shield there cuz block, res life etc. Craft cast speed/spell dmg/life etc you need

On the one shot side, get 80+ life on gear, almost all of it, and that ES thing I talked about earlier, that lahzar corrupt is VERY good for MoM build. ;) Also again flasks, and see to overcap yourself by 40% or so for those curses or el. weak maps, so that you don't need to run purity or use the curse immunity (even though I'd carry it cause vuln etc). So granite with iron skin, and res flask of choice, if map has Added Fire, get ruby etc. Investing in block/spellblock is good, for "chance" if you want more defense, go block nodes, rathpiths that lahzar etc. But still can get one shot, so in addition to that block if you wish, build you're effective life pool. I built this build specifically for that, since third of invasion bosses were like that at start.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Last edited by GoranH on Sep 21, 2014, 6:48:49 PM
i know i should get more es gear, but this is the gear i got atm, trying to change it. When i map i use culling+ item rarity if there isnt anyother there for the job. Otherwise i will change them with faster casting+ faster proj. I could add blind instead of faster proj, its 50% chance to miss right? I just got EB node and now i got some mana pool, around 1800 mana. Still low to get a third aura. But whatever i will eventually get more es and more mana regen on rings. Right now im max res and trying to get more hp+es.

Just been on a map lvl 66 but it was the hardest one i ever played. Its the beach one with fairgraves boss. So u have to run around and try to open some chests, but the problem is as this is Beyond, we ended with 2 freaking cold unique beyond bosses alive at the same time, trying to dodge them as 2 guys ripped, some left, and in the end me and 2 more guys killed both and fairgraves. Epic map. Flametotems + lightning warp is just love. My only concern is, compared to other builds they feel a bit... weak, i mean they cant survive strong bosses or mob, they do little dmg, the only good thing is the survival. And im afraid that even with godlike gear it will be more or less the same...

So maybe just make it a MF culler with triple curse? so im not useless on high end maps...
"
sirdaxman wrote:
i know i should get more es gear, but this is the gear i got atm, trying to change it. When i map i use culling+ item rarity if there isnt anyother there for the job. Otherwise i will change them with faster casting+ faster proj. I could add blind instead of faster proj, its 50% chance to miss right? I just got EB node and now i got some mana pool, around 1800 mana. Still low to get a third aura. But whatever i will eventually get more es and more mana regen on rings. Right now im max res and trying to get more hp+es.

Just been on a map lvl 66 but it was the hardest one i ever played. Its the beach one with fairgraves boss. So u have to run around and try to open some chests, but the problem is as this is Beyond, we ended with 2 freaking cold unique beyond bosses alive at the same time, trying to dodge them as 2 guys ripped, some left, and in the end me and 2 more guys killed both and fairgraves. Epic map. Flametotems + lightning warp is just love. My only concern is, compared to other builds they feel a bit... weak, i mean they cant survive strong bosses or mob, they do little dmg, the only good thing is the survival. And im afraid that even with godlike gear it will be more or less the same...

So maybe just make it a MF culler with triple curse? so im not useless on high end maps...

If you want offensive, sacrifice defences, and vice versa... both at the same time demands higher budget.

So your weapons are... bad if you want offense, get Appep's rage or spelldmg/castspeed/firedmg wand, or both. Or wand/appep's + ES shield with spelldmg will do. Also for their tankiness, they aren't meant to survive large hits, hence mana pool/regen, for spamming/strategic placement... can use totem el. res gem, but crap and spec ironwood, same thing. But can use decoy totem 20q as he's more tanky. 50% blind is thing, so can use that/faster proj and fast cast. Get deore's for 1.4x dmg to add another dmg curse.

So current setup if 1.8k with fast cast and blind/faster is 1.8k that's about 10k per totem, I wouldn't call that bad, that's good. I'd just use gmp personally. And again do whatever get rid of that stupid mace. :p You spec'd good dmg wise, but crap weps... so that's the trade-off, can even use Infernal Mantle, since you'll never be on low mana, but again... not for hc.

Hope that helps.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
If you guys are rich & want a good weapon upgrade for your wand/sceptre, this is the perfect item:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doryani%27s_Catalyst

Give your totems great damage, more crit(for a crit build?), more totem survivability(1% leech ftw) & another potential 4 link(great for cold snap + trap + multi trap/quality added cold for CC).
Last edited by shiro_yami on Sep 22, 2014, 1:19:43 AM
I've been using this build in Rampage with 2 deaths so far (level 74). I shuffled the skill points around a tiny bit but it's almost the same. Finding that I'm blowing through most maps, quite a bit of fun. Here's my gear/gems. Three dragons is awesome with this build, it lets your totems shock instead of apply a weak ignite.

Last edited by Fainz on Sep 27, 2014, 4:39:19 AM
Is this build viable in beyond
"
WarriorX10 wrote:
Is this build viable in beyond

Yes.
Just wanted to say this build is stellar.

I ran all the way through merciless without any issue, i think the only time i even came close to dying was Dominus on cruel and this entire playthrough was done with barebones gear.

A+ :)
Last edited by Samsol on Sep 29, 2014, 1:50:44 AM
"
Hey GoranH.

I have been playing this build in Beyond, I reached lvl 65 today. Flame totems kicked butts in normal, but started to get pretty squishy in cruel, and it got worse in merciless, some beyond mobs kill totems very fast, especially the ones that do elemental damage, voidbearers are pretty bad for totems as well. Kinda silly to see my 3 zombies with just minion life are much tankier than my totems despite the totem nodes I took.

That's my build at lvl 65 :

I took Sanctuary and Faith and Steel nodes to be a bit tankier and make the char easier to gear up thanks to the ele res I got from these nodes, I took Quick Recovery nodes as well, cause FT's mana cost really sucks.

Spending ~15c for Cybil's Paw and/or a quality Flame Totem gem isn't my idea of a cheap build, but if I really wanted to make my totem tankier what should I get first ? Will I even actually see the difference if I get any of them ?

Totems aren't supposed to be tanky, hence I said going for oakwood isn't that beneficial really, minion and totem el. res thing as well. Hence why I heavily focused on mana regen, for the sake of it and AA. Totems are supposed to (esp Flame ones) to take aggro primarily, to be easily placed where you need them etc. Zombies on the other hand are primarily supposed to be a tank minions, other things are second.... so yeah.

As for ~15c... I build this as self-found. My personal idea of a cheap build is < 10ex, BUT I disregard that completely here. So you need 0 Funds to make it work. As for totem tankiness specifically Cybil's was like 2-3c when I last checked, that Molari's incinerate build made it jump in price if they went up from there... so that much, even if it's like 5-10c is pocket change really.. you can play for few hours doing anything really and make that much. If you really want to up their el res go el. and totem res, but apart from that there's really nothing you can do... It's all about playstyle, I described that on previous page I think, about totem placement. Add in fast proj, get proj. speed on wand/ammy and place 'em strategically, if not possible for some reason that's not working out generally or case specific, use enfeeble or up mana regen.

That's about it. Can always plead to GGG to make auras apply to totems as well. XD

EDIT: Just saw Cybil's beyond prices... build popularity does it's thing. So what I'd personally do is get as much proj speed > spell dmg/cast speed > mana regen on wand as possible, and try to put fast proj and karui ward (don't really need the ammy/or proj speed on ammy), and watch totems cover the whole screen in fire, hence burning them down good ammount, or wholy till they even reach 'em. And when they do, just reposition. ;)
Last edited by GoranH on Oct 1, 2014, 3:13:46 PM
I just had to come say thanks for the build. It's been my main in Beyond and rushed many of my friends to merc Dom. Sadly I ripped lvl 82 in a dual boss Necropolis map which spawned an immortal totem and a whole bunch of minions.

But until then I was very happy with solo kill speed and survivability for that type of character. Especially for having no gear to equip him with when I started and using his found currency to get only one thing - a shield with chaos res.
Last edited by beaverusiv on Oct 2, 2014, 3:24:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info