[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
fluux wrote:
Awesome build - I use it as a first character in new leagues, to build up wealth and items.

Has anyone tried the core build with minion support? There are 4 minion clusters right off the main FT path - with some right items, zombie, specters, and skellies can be bumped up relatively high to serve as a good meat shield. This would be in none hc leagues.

I would be curious if anyone had experience with this setup in 74+ lvl maps...

I'm playing a summoner now... and the only thing you could do is get zombies, anything else would be a waste of time... get minion life nodes, and add minion life/minion resistance gems for 3L and that's about it for what I'd do. But even that is a no go, you're speccing into minion nodes that could be spent getting more totem survivability/dmg, and if you're to use something like Mont'tregu's... why just not use Cybil's and Rathpiths and spec into block nodes for more dmg/survivability. Also like I said totem spamming is an option, and two totems are enough to pull aggro from you. Also you'd need to summon zombies semi-often without Mon'tregul's, unless goign minions flasks :p . So I personally wouldn't recommend, but to each his own.

Cool idea to try bellow. ;)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Now a cool idea imo would be (for softcore), spec out of Ancenstral Bond, get 5L Soul Mantle and spec into block nodes and get Rathpith's + Lahzar. Warding flasks and self-cast incinerate. 4L Incinerate + 5L Incinerate totem... unless willing to go staff like pledge of hands and spell totem incinerate in chest, that would be soo much fire powah... but crappy on defences. XD

[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
I'm having a really hard time keeping the totems alive for more than a few seconds against the Tentacle Miscreations in Lunaris 2 and 3 Merciless. The rapid-fire projectiles just seem to melt them almost instantly. Any thoughts?
Last edited by HoosTrax on Sep 18, 2014, 1:36:39 PM
I was having hard times to do lunaris, this is what i done:

-Try to get a 20% quality flame totem. (i bought a 15% really cheap then bought 5gcp)
-Farm docks and roll easy 66 map (dried lake - tropical island)
-Get flame totem to lvl 16 or 17.
-Work on mana regen (trough es or mana nodes) to be able to cast spam totem & curse.

I find that fire trap, greatly benefit form our tree. Also cold snap+multiple trap is a good aoe crowd control.
Sometimes with harder beyond bosses i use conversion trap (really fun to bring aura bosses to our side)

Back on topic.
Just bought a apep's rage... till not sure if it's worth the price (bought one for 25c), i think that a good rolled wand for the same price could offer more (if you can get mana//mana-regen//dex point)

This weekend i will try to venture in 72-73 map. Reeeeep incoming... :-)

"
HoosTrax wrote:
I'm having a really hard time keeping the totems alive for more than a few seconds against the Tentacle Miscreations in Lunaris 2 and 3 Merciless. The rapid-fire projectiles just seem to melt them almost instantly. Any thoughts?

In terms of gear, get cybil's... In terms of play, tentacles thingies start rapid fire, and lock position(unlike voidbearers with which you can deal with faster proj, just outrange 'em), so when a pack does that, just reposition totems... you should be able to totem spam (if not now, eventually).

That should do it. ;) Also consider cursing them with enf if you don't have mana for rapid totem repositioning.

"
alex_gio1983 wrote:
I was having hard times to do lunaris, this is what i done:

-Try to get a 20% quality flame totem. (i bought a 15% really cheap then bought 5gcp)
-Farm docks and roll easy 66 map (dried lake - tropical island)
-Get flame totem to lvl 16 or 17.
-Work on mana regen (trough es or mana nodes) to be able to cast spam totem & curse.

I find that fire trap, greatly benefit form our tree. Also cold snap+multiple trap is a good aoe crowd control.
Sometimes with harder beyond bosses i use conversion trap (really fun to bring aura bosses to our side)

Back on topic.
Just bought a apep's rage... till not sure if it's worth the price (bought one for 25c), i think that a good rolled wand for the same price could offer more (if you can get mana//mana-regen//dex point)

This weekend i will try to venture in 72-73 map. Reeeeep incoming... :-)

Yep totem quality is fairly important, I usually just get 15q or so.. then eventually gcp it myself. And yes, a good wand can roll more stats, also if going crit crit mods should be able to outdo apep without mana cost thingy.

About higher level maps, it comes down only to following which many may not like... unless very comfortamble with build/char, have tons of effective life and know to use your granite/res flasks, when to gtfo or kite from distance... be a coward. Yes this will get you further in hc than any other tip with any kind of non-melee char, esp if char that doesn't aggro mobs onto itself. So don't rush to open unid boxes, when there's ice nova... just be sure to be faaar away, don't get in face of map dominus/piety when you can "attack" em from a safe distance or behind a wall. From this thread I concluded no.1 killer in hc for this build is overconfidence, people just feel very secure because of playstyle that you pretty much never get hit, and sometimes rush headfirst into some nasty situation > rip. ;)

Have fun!
GoranH
"
GoranH wrote:
In terms of gear, get cybil's... In terms of play, tentacles thingies start rapid fire, and lock position(unlike voidbearers with which you can deal with faster proj, just outrange 'em), so when a pack does that, just reposition totems... you should be able to totem spam (if not now, eventually).

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that Cybil's Life-on-Hit effect gave health to the totems. Have a bunch of them sitting in my stash. I'll give that a try, thanks!
Was going nice in Beyond until a reflect mob spawned that I did not pay attention as I was flameblasting - Did not even get to use my Flame Totem :)
TFIGEGKTB
"
Bawheidbob wrote:
Was going nice in Beyond until a reflect mob spawned that I did not pay attention as I was flameblasting - Did not even get to use my Flame Totem :)

That's the first time I hear that one... really crappy way to die. But, you got 10 stacks and flameblasted a large pack or? Because you're flameblast dmg should be pretty crappy being I assume you use flameblast that's not linked.

Rip man, hope you do better next time... guess you can never be careless with this game, even in what's that beginning of cruel, mid cruel max. Very weird, could be your fire res was bad in addition.
Hi,

Finally logged propperly with this forum account. So im at lvl 75 witch beyond. Doing 66 maps without problem, 72 are harder and scarier but so far im able to survive some hits here and there. (Cowardly playing=survive longer).
Build so far:

And end would be something like this:

Current Gear

Im trying to get a rapith globe shield, but im poor atm. Right now i got 1865 dps, with haste aura it goes crazy like 2300 or 2500. But thats one of my problems, i got not enough mana, using clarity+herald of ice lvl 8 of Artic Armour. Its Discipline that worth? or should i run Haste?
Was thinking about getting a second cwdt setup with molten shell, maybe a frost wall, and something else. The 5L CoD i bought it with 1s, for 45c. Then eventually got it to 6s 5L, average cost would be 2.5 ex or so in total, so im happy with that.

Biggest concern with build would be 1 hit boss, like devourer or beyond boss and so. Vaal map boss was halfing my life with just the stone rain, so i ran fast out of there lol. Today i saw a friend lvl 83 with rightneus fire build getting ripped next to me cos 1 hit of cold beyond unique boss in a map lvl 72. We were alone trying to kill it and suddendly dead. i was surviving him, but he got 1 hit killed, and he had 7.6k hp and cold flask up. I had 3.6k hp only, around 200 es lol, but my cwdt+mom+aa on. Dunno what to do to avoid those situation, maybe getting max block and max spell block. Or just getting more hp.

Anyway, currently trying to farm some end game gear and orbs.

PD: i got some gear in bench for eventually gearing a bit better:

Dont know if dream fragments is really needed andI was considering getting the unique boots with spell block
Last edited by sirdaxman on Sep 21, 2014, 4:32:54 PM
"
sirdaxman wrote:

Im trying to get a rapith globe shield, but im poor atm. Right now i got 1865 dps, with haste aura it goes crazy like 2300 or 2500. But thats one of my problems, i got not enough mana, using clarity+herald of ice lvl 8 of Artic Armour. Its Discipline that worth? or should i run Haste?
Was thinking about getting a second cwdt setup with molten shell, maybe a frost wall, and something else. The 5L CoD i bought it with 1s, for 45c. Then eventually got it to 6s 5L, average cost would be 2.5 ex or so in total, so im happy with that.

Biggest concern with build would be 1 hit boss, like devourer or beyond boss and so. Vaal map boss was halfing my life with just the stone rain, so i ran fast out of there lol. Today i saw a friend lvl 83 with rightneus fire build getting ripped next to me cos 1 hit of cold beyond unique boss in a map lvl 72. We were alone trying to kill it and suddendly dead. i was surviving him, but he got 1 hit killed, and he had 7.6k hp and cold flask up. I had 3.6k hp only, around 200 es lol, but my cwdt+mom+aa on. Dunno what to do to avoid those situation, maybe getting max block and max spell block. Or just getting more hp.

Anyway, currently trying to farm some end game gear and orbs.

PD: i got some gear in bench for eventually gearing a bit better:

Dont know if dream fragments is really needed andI was considering getting the unique boots with spell block

Ok, so here my take on it... tree's very good, I forgot to compare them... but yeah, will do as it seems your gives more bang for the buck, kudos there. ;)

As for offensive/defensive side... I think since playing beyond you should stick with clarity and herald of ice solo... Adding additional auras ONLY if your mana after reservation = 40% of your total life, which I doubt it does since you only run lvl 8 AA.

So IMO here's what you should do... get rid of either cybil's or dark seer mace. Now I belive dark seer mace is for the blind? Even if so, just put blind instead of that culling strike if solo, and faster cast instead of that IIR, which you might do already but eh. And put in that place high ES shield with spell dmg. So 350+ ES shield with spell dmg, or 300+ w/e, can even do 250+ if you can get life and spell dmg on it, as that's big plus. Get an ES Helm with 70+ life and 150/200+ ES, craft res if you need on either of those... game goes for gloves etc. Craft cast speed or spelldmg on gear pieces you can. On jewelry side, get more life/mana regen on all of those so 40+ life and 40%+ mana regen on rings/ammy, and you'll be able to eventually run 18+ AA, unlike 8 which is seriously very crappy. Same goes for gloves/boots. I say ES, but can be AR/ES hybrids depends on rolls and socket colours you need. And get 20% or higher MS on boots, helps a lot trust me. As for flasks...

I'm a firm believe in insta flasks or I think bubbling, meaning half instant half regen. So get a white base or white superior base and 20q it, then roll seething. Same for granite but try to roll iron skin, as for movement speed flask I suggest you try and roll curse immunity on it, on it or granite... Increased %Armor is eh, yeah can use it with granite...

TLDR: So idea is, ES gear with life, so quite higher Effective HP Pool, ES gear cuz Mana pool > higher lvl AA, and mana regen/life on rings.... get rid of dark seer, and put shield there cuz block, res life etc. Craft cast speed/spell dmg/life etc you need

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info