[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

ok so im currently lvl 65 bout to clear out the first part of vaal ruins couple of questions whats a safe lvl to start doing corrupted areas? and 2 i have 1ex 11chaos atm what should be some pieces to help me ease in maps iv never made it this far before would like to know a good way to go thx in advance =]
Last edited by Ichigo_333 on May 3, 2014, 10:58:01 PM
respect!
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
ok so im currently lvl 65 bout to clear out the first part of vaal ruins couple of questions whats a safe lvl to start doing corrupted areas? and 2 i have 1ex 11chaos atm what should be some pieces to help me ease in maps iv never made it this far before would like to know a good way to go thx in advance =]

Corrupted areas are much more accessible now, I am a terrible noob with no good gear at all and I did some corrupted areas in temple of Lunaris and Ledge. It went without a hitch. Like I said earlier if you use blind or if you don't have blind, maybe use enfeeble and it will be no problem unless you have a terrible spawn :)
Hi GoranH, thank you so much for a fun and friendly build.

Could you please advise on when we should use the Elemental Equilibrium keystone. At the moment, Flame Totems are the only spell I'm casting. Thank you.
this build sure fries mobs good
OP is really friendly
Hi GoranH,

I don't know if this was asked before, but what do you think about including the Cloak of Defiance chest to this build?

Thanks and nice build!
I'm at lvl 58 now. This was my first character past Normal. I just got to Act 3 Merciless, and now I'm stuck. I thought I was doing really well until I hit Act 3, and suddenly it's like I ran into a wall. I just got EB, so I finally have the mana to support my totems and Clarity/Arctic Armor, but now I only have 2k life. I followed the build and have most of the gem combinations. I guess I just can't go anywhere without major upgrades in gear. I've got the currency for it, but I'm too much of a newb to figure out what I need to do.

Maybe this game is just harder than I expected.

I'm kind of disappointed. I figured "newbie friendly" meant that anyone with a general idea of what stats are good on gear could make the right decisions as they progressed and roll on through to the end, but that is definitely not my experience.
Last edited by HippieRonin on May 6, 2014, 8:59:24 PM
"
I'm at lvl 58 now. This was my first character past Normal. I just got to Act 3 Merciless, and now I'm stuck. I thought I was doing really well until I hit Act 3, and suddenly it's like I ran into a wall. I just got EB, so I finally have the mana to support my totems and Clarity/Arctic Armor, but now I only have 2k life. I followed the build and have most of the gem combinations. I guess I just can't go anywhere without major upgrades in gear. I've got the currency for it, but I'm too much of a newb to figure out what I need to do.

Maybe this game is just harder than I expected.

I'm kind of disappointed. I figured "newbie friendly" meant that anyone with a general idea of what stats are good on gear could make the right decisions as they progressed and roll on through to the end, but that is definitely not my experience.

dont be dissapointed this guide is great the OP went to lengths for it i reeped 2 times before i got it =]

what i would do and did was go bak to act 2 farm fellshrine to 65 like the guide says collect the life nodes along the way if there are any dual totems do enough dmg as it is so u dont have to look for spell dmg to much just on weapon and or shield rest is just life and resists.

u dont really need major upgrades from trading i havnt traded for any gear and i just hit 68

Last edited by Ichigo_333 on May 7, 2014, 1:05:17 AM
any ideas as to what i should keep my cast when dmg taken gem at? its at lvl5 atm linked with enduring cry immortal call and molten shell however any suggestions as to what i should change it to would be good

so im lvl 68 with 3840hp capped resists running clarity/discipline/purity with enough regen to support a lvl 13 AA ran my first grotto map last night the only quest i have left is to kill dom merc

any suggestions on how to gear for maps i have a bit of currency should i continue in 66maps? or go back and farm docks?
"
Hi, I'm Sanki.

I'm just writing because you wanted some feedback about your build - even if I ripped and I sadly did. :P

So, the build is pretty fun and really strong. I was just leveling with Flameblast and then I layed my hands on searing bond. It was a better way of dealing with bosses so I kept using it. Then I dropped Flame Totem gem at like level 25~~ and started leveling it as soon as I could. Finally after leveling Flame Totem gem and having a decent dagger with increased spell dmg it started to deal more and more dmg - more than searing bond. I started using it. Then when I was farming The Ledge at cruel I decided to take Ancestral Bond because I wasn't even using any other spells than FT. The dmg boost was insane. Bosses were dying in a couple of seconds. When I had put 2 Flame Totems into a pack of monsters I didn't even notice that there was some kind of a boss or a rare monster. It was fun.

When leveling I didn't take my path to the Ironwood. I decided to go for all the health nodes first and then to go to the right to the increased mana and life pool. I took 3 nodes that increased totem's life and dmg. I then took Purity of Flesh - I love this node. Then I took Ancestral Bond and was on my way to the Eldricht Battery. Sadly, I then RIPped. I didn't even think of using Enfeeble or something - I kept using Flammability and hoping to not get one-shoted. It was a mistake. I died on the Totem Invader Boss - I forgot his name. I could have just gone back and kept farming safely, but I was too greedy.

Overall the build is pretty sweet. After I died I wasn't even angry. I was just disappointed that I won't play more of this build, at least at the moment. I wasn't angry because I had a lot of fun with this character. It just makes an Hack&Slash game an Tower Defence or a Totem Defence game rather.

I just wanted to let you know that you made an awesome build. So, there are my 2 cents.

Cheers ;)

It's a PM I sent to GoranH - the maker of this build. He wanted me to post it here, so I did. Bascically after you have Fire Penetration + LMP linked to Flame Totem the build becames a lot of fun. Especially with Ancestral Bond. You just stay there and see how totems melt everything.

I really enjoyed this build and had a great time. ;)
Last edited by sankizdzemu123 on May 7, 2014, 2:11:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info