[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
and i just reeped again at 43 to the sunburst queen ffs talk about bad luck

Idk what to say. Sorry to hear that. Whatever you plan on doing next, I suggest regardless of the build choice or whatnot, suggest you either skip her with quicksilver, or consta-Enf her if she's such a thorn in your eyes for you. I'm curious was it the discharge ball, the incinerate 360 stream or?

For me she's tough, but always had enough life to tank the ball, incinerate AA made that less scary, and those tiny creeps were midly annoying. I just kept always a huge distance away, enf and kept my totems up. Might even get a ruby flask, if I recall correctly this is your second time ripping to sunburst queen. Arch-nemesis. heh

Well hope you'll bounce back soon, and get at it.
Was the sunburst buffed btw? She wasn't tough for me, since I had two meatshields sorta say, and I was never in the melee range, otherwise, for other builds she's I'm sure a nasty one. Then again I ripped to mercy Vaal out of all things in invasion. heh My only rip, and it wasn't to an Invasion boss. Had quite a few near rips, especially with my first char (one that died to Vaal)

EDIT: Also personal tip, I generally don't invest into characters more than few chaos until they beat the story, merciless that is. :) And since you don't need any special uniques, or a 5L/6L to make it work, suggest if you decide to reroll, just skip optional quests, skip invaders most of the times, corrupted zones. Get your flasks sorted out, insta-flasks are a blessing... and go at it. Would take me about 20-25h on average to beat story on a char, so... but I feel you, if ya ripped twice with a character. If you feel you want to try something different, I could give you a short rundown of the summoner I ran, same ammounts of funds needed to beat mercy, maybe few chaos more (being this one requires like 1 XD), and only difference is it's a bit more tedious to play, in leveling stages, as I was playing as a summoner through the whole thing, and requires snapshotting gear later on if you want to make it less tedious, because some invaders will kinda demolish your minions, so till they get very buffed you'll be running away from 'em, with new upcoming summon minions skill... why not. :)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Last edited by GoranH on Apr 26, 2014, 8:46:04 AM
i start again with the build i was on the way to merv and chatting at the same time, put totems down stupidly in melee range and walked in at the wrong time too and with only 20% fire res and 1800hp i melted quick even if i had a lightning warp it wouldnt of helped i should of payed more attention lol quick glance at chat and gets you killed so dumb =[

im not to down i really didnt spend much this time around i got my 5L with only 6 fuses so it was lucky i wont be trying for that again lol but i liked that item rarity set up.

i had a summoner previous didnt get the whole snapshot thing forgot what i reeped to but made it to the 40s this whole league i havnt made it to mapping yet hahaha such a noob but its fun

thanks for the tips im on the way to re reolling now ill be in touch =]
Great build! im level 66 now- got my hands on some iir gear and doing low level maps atm.
only thing im worried about is the lack of health regen, stuff like poison or bleeding is problematic for me. is there an easy way to get some regen from gear?

"
GoranH wrote:
"
vXz wrote:

My main real issue is... how should I be dealing with armour/evasion/block? Are there certain targets I should aim for? I feel like throughout the entire leveling process, my AR/EV was always too low... white giant skellies in merciless ledge were hitting me for over 1.2k damage lol.

A list of really useful or recommended uniques would be a cool addition :D Personally I found Geofri's to be invaluable, I always managed to keep my tooltip dps above your suggested values thanks to that helm alone.

I didn't focus on it, and for me lack of armor/eva wasn't a problem for me in itself. Desync was, as the point is you can pretty much stay far away just chilling 95%+ of time.

About uniques, geofri's crest is a very very good unique as a 4L, which is what most people use, especially since +1 gems AND chaos res. Forgot about it tbh. Apart from it, read few posts above where I talk about bit more "pricey" uniques such as Ratpith's, Cloak of Defiance, strides etc. as a defensive options. Even Daresso's will provide great resistance, decent block and capped spellblock on low-life which is important for fast attacking spell bosses, which are most of 'em.

For physical ones, CWDT setup... or CWDT with Enfeeble and Enduring inc AoE, and IC + Inc.duration on self-cast, and even another enduring.

Post on main is the basic strongshell, which is easy and simple enough for almost everyone to use, and pretty good in it's own especially for the ammount of currency invested. Now I plan on broading it, and adding advanced tactics and items for those willing to further improve upon this imo already awesome build (basing on purely amazing feedback from people all over :D ).

Anyhow, thanks a bunch for feedback!

Have fun!
GoranH.

P.S. Also those were pretty good stats when you ripped. :)
Unfortunatelly basic form has to be played carefully, with invasion bosses around, especially since they're not set in stone, but random to area, or semi-random. And the RoA invader is very very strong, especially if he catches you off-guard... and that puncture... ggg. Well at least I hoped you had fun with it. :D

Yeah fair points, I think my big issue then was being too lazy to roll my gloves/boots for CWDT :P A bit new to the game so I've only actually had the money to run CWDT on one character but it would have likely saved me from my RIP haha. Gotta try this build again soon!
www.twitch.tv/atenpls

Standard - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811535 | http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/803616
I died at lvl 51 in farming dock. Didn't notice the bleeding as well as the internet lagging which really
killed me. But anyway, I just want to say thank you for what you have done. This was my first Invasion character. It was great fun to me, though it was a shame I could not complete it in Invasion league.:(
ok so im 52 atm just hit merc dom was surprisingly easy with 2305hp capped lightning resist.

now im in merc one thing iv done this time is keep temp chains for the invaders that has actually helped heaps. i killed me a sunburst queen at 48 didnt know it was her lol. running a lvl6 AA with discipline and clarity with reduced mana sitting at 77.5mana regen working on the last few totem nodes in the 77 point still tree progression plan you mande

this time around i didnt take the ironwood nodes i skipped and when straight to EB

kinda worried about capping resists and getting more hp 55 was my max toon on invasion totem is looking at 591.7dmg atm everything is looking good

=D
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
ok so im 52 atm just hit merc dom was surprisingly easy with 2305hp capped lightning resist.

now im in merc one thing iv done this time is keep temp chains for the invaders that has actually helped heaps. i killed me a sunburst queen at 48 didnt know it was her lol. running a lvl6 AA with discipline and clarity with reduced mana sitting at 77.5mana regen working on the last few totem nodes in the 77 point still tree progression plan you mande

this time around i didnt take the ironwood nodes i skipped and when straight to EB

kinda worried about capping resists and getting more hp 55 was my max toon on invasion totem is looking at 591.7dmg atm everything is looking good

=D

I suggest you don't continue with the merciless 'till you cap your resistances... it shouldn't be that hard. I can think of two easy 1% life regen nodes... one in templar start area that I usually skip, and one that life regen/mana regen combo on the way to scion life tree. Also get that mana regen going, high lvl AA does help. ;)

You can also make a troll flame totem secondary setup. Flame Totem + LMP/GMP + Blind + Knockback, if only faster projectiles. XD Super troll.

As for dmg, if you biggest concern is physical dmg, aside from route like Cloak of Defiance, which are somewhat costly... you can learn to use self-cast Immortal call, enduring setup, and buff duration nodes are close. Second... for spells, carry with yourself in your setup ruby/topaz or whatever element you "dislike" most. :)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
its actually quite suprising how much it can change just after i posted this hahaha fire and lightning are now capped with 2483hp and im super excited about this i know its not to a few ppl but i found my first exalted orb ever in a chest hahaha i went nuts =D and im also running 2 seething life flasks which is so useful thank you for that totem dmg at 629 just finished totemic mastery

question, what would be the most effective way to farm fellshrine? iv never done it b4 and im just following the road and back
Last edited by Ichigo_333 on May 1, 2014, 1:14:26 PM
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
its actually quite suprising how much it can change just after i posted this hahaha fire and lightning are now capped with 2483hp and im super excited about this i know its not to a few ppl but i found my first exalted orb ever in a chest hahaha i went nuts =D and im also running 2 seething life flasks which is so useful thank you for that totem dmg at 629 just finished totemic mastery

question, what would be the most effective way to farm fellshrine? iv never done it b4 and im just following the road and back

Just follow the road, totems for everything... always have you AA on (if you got mana for it).

Now three things about farming fellshrine.

1. Since you don't have CWDT, beware of Rhoas, they hit hard, and you don't have armor,
nor stun immunity. So try not to get a pack charging at you hit you one after another.
Meaning... move.

2. Zombies, when they die, they release a poison cloud... so avoid that, and if they have
extra life, rares... be extra careful, but that should be easy.

3. If you got portals, enough... go from Crypt I believe up... so that you'll have better view of the area... then when you get to crossroads, tp to town... repeat, or in party but stay behind. ;)
Going great with this build... I found a crap wand, but one with among some stuff +projectile speed, so I use blind now instead of faster projectiles and it is crazy how strong that support gem is, since everything gets blinded all the time, even with blind level 1. The survivability totems get from it is crazy, much superior to most any totem improvement node.

Few days ago I got a 5 link for few chaos to get things going towards 70 a bit, first time I use faster casting gem, but I should have done that a lot earlier. That gem give great dps boost, also makes totem placement much faster. Didn't know it was so good before.

Still I am using goldrim helmet and with max resist and reasonable life I never get in much danger. Piety in Merciless is almost a joke, I hide behind the pillar and the totems killer her below 2 minutes. And now that corrupted areas have been nerfed, it's cakewalk to get great rewards from there too. Almost Level 67 now and I will start for first time ever mapping soon. It is a very strong build :) Thanks again men.
Last edited by dirkw83 on May 3, 2014, 1:24:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info