SprMario wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
no cyber 4 u

What why? :[[

i charge now. 10 exalts per hour.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Even for long time stalkers? psh you expensive.
"
SprMario wrote:
Even for long time stalkers? psh you expensive.

worth every alteration shard bb. dont fight your desires.
Been having questions since I've been playing this character, so let's do everything at once since you charge 10 ex per hour :3

Currently I am sitting around 600 armor which is nothing, so if I get hit by anything serious I am basically dead. However with 30% dodge and 20% evasion it seems manageable along with leech to tank most of the elites. Can I consider this as a 50% chance of not receiving damage? Or can these two(ev and dodge) roll the 'mitigation' option at the same time?
What I mean is, can a hit be dodged and evaded at the same time? If that's the case I feel that 30%(whichever is higher(ev or dodge) in your build) is very low. Especially against mobs that attack fast.

I'm almost certain they don't stack, just trying to work out how the mechanic works in the 'field'.

Accuracy, if this is an issue(for me it kinda is) would you consider snake bite for an extra accuracy boost per frenzy charge at the cost of losing almost half your duration on your frenzy charges? The 6-14 attack speed gain is cute but falls pale in comparison with a Maligaro's Virtuosity and Thunderfists. If not, what would you consider using aside from a Maligaro's or Thunderfists.

Atziri's promise, been trying to test this but I just wipe the floor with all of the mobs so I cant really get a good reading on it, but since you do massive chaos damage with this build already(so using it for dps shouldn't be your aim with this flask since the phys dps is pretty low) do you think this could be a viable panic button? A scenario that pops up would be boss room jungle valley for example. Getting 10% of your chaos damage back as life + another 8% from the Life Leech gem, seems like a very big advantage over other flasks.

Another question just arose as I was thinking about the Atziri's Promise flask. Tried 'xx% increased chaos damage' nodes in this build yet, probably crap right?

Mini question: can a granite flask roll 'xx% increased evasion'? I hate Jade flasks.

If the questions are already answered, please tell me what page the answers are on. Oh and could you send me your tree in pm. Thanks!
Last edited by SprMario on Jul 14, 2014, 2:17:03 AM
"
SprMario wrote:
Been having questions since I've been playing this character, so let's do everything at once since you charge 10 ex per hour :3

Currently I am sitting around 600 armor which is nothing, so if I get hit by anything serious I am basically dead. However with 30% dodge and 20% evasion it seems manageable along with leech to tank most of the elites. Can I consider this as a 50% chance of not receiving damage? Or can these two(ev and dodge) roll the 'mitigation' option at the same time?
What I mean is, can a hit be dodged and evaded at the same time? If that's the case I feel that 30%(whichever is higher(ev or dodge) in your build) is very low. Especially against mobs that attack fast.

I'm almost certain they don't stack, just trying to work out how the mechanic works in the 'field'.

Accuracy, if this is an issue(for me it kinda is) would you consider snake bite for an extra accuracy boost per frenzy charge at the cost of losing almost half your duration on your frenzy charges? The 6-14 attack speed gain is cute but falls pale in comparison with a Maligaro's Virtuosity and Thunderfists. If not, what would you consider using aside from a Maligaro's or Thunderfists.

Atziri's promise, been trying to test this but I just wipe the floor with all of the mobs so I cant really get a good reading on it, but since you do massive chaos damage with this build already(so using it for dps shouldn't be your aim with this flask since the phys dps is pretty low) do you think this could be a viable panic button? A scenario that pops up would be boss room jungle valley for example. Getting 10% of your chaos damage back as life + another 8% from the Life Leech gem, seems like a very big advantage over other flasks.

Another question just arose as I was thinking about the Atziri's Promise flask. Tried 'xx% increased chaos damage' nodes in this build yet, probably crap right?

Mini question: can a granite flask roll 'xx% increased evasion'? I hate Jade flasks.

If the questions are already answered, please tell me what page the answers are on. Oh and could you send me your tree in pm. Thanks!

I had 2800 evasion in my prior screenshot without any eva node invesment. While not a lot, it is near immunity to projectiles with acroatics + ondars. vs melee mobs, eat a jade flask of evasion. Really, the only thing that will kill you is profoundly hard map rolls (-max + monster ele dmg or vuln or bosses).

snakebite is pointless for this build. maligaro if you can steam roll mobs, tfist if you cant and the shock has time to actually take effect.

Accuracy needs investment in certain nodes, particular aspect of the eagle and having it on rings is very much ideal though somewhat hard to do.

Atziris promise, your life leech is almost always going to be capped because youre doing so much damage, 10% more of your total damage really does not do anything unless youre single targetting and its not doing damage. LA will almost always be at maximum leech strength if you hit more than 2 mobs. The 15% additional chaos dmg is nice but not a must have by any means.

more to come when i feel like coming.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jul 14, 2014, 6:00:21 PM
Regarding evasion and dodge, they are rolled separately. If evasion succeeds, then dodge isn't rolled. So your total avoid hit chance is, 1 - (1 - 0.2) * (1 - 0.3) = 0.44, ie. 44%.

If you look for accuracy, you can also consider rings where you get high flat rolls.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
This may have been asked somewhere in the thread, but I'll admit I'm lazy and don't want to read 19 pages (my luck, it was probably asked on page 3):

Given the similarities between the core of this build and the core of ele buzzsaw is it safe to say that you could actually run both builds off of one tree? I'll link my passive for example. It seems like a very minor amount of points that would need to be shifted in order to create a perfect build for both. All that would need to happen is swap out skill gems and weapon set. Or am I way off on this?

My current passive tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdECcQSzDH0OSBB_EZYUTRcvGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHaoj9iQ8JKoksCaVJ6ko-ipbLYMvbzKJNuk8jkZxSVFKfVM1VUtVxlXWVvpXyVfiWfNabWTnZp5noG1sbXtvnnC7cql35XzZfXV_xoCkgwmG0Yd2j0aQVZMnlwabtZ2uoSKiAKJApwinXKeErKqv67QMtDi1SLiTu-PAGsM6xKLGnspKz2XQ0NN-1tHZE-GI42rlGeq66-7sOO4O73rv8PAf8930-Pba-tL7Cfv1_MX-ug==

I already have IAS and a frenzy charge from bandits due to my build before buzzsaw (20 reg to change bandit rewards is silly), so... seems legit? Thanks for any input.
I can give you love, rocking horses, and dancing!
"
This may have been asked somewhere in the thread, but I'll admit I'm lazy and don't want to read 19 pages (my luck, it was probably asked on page 3):

Given the similarities between the core of this build and the core of ele buzzsaw is it safe to say that you could actually run both builds off of one tree? I'll link my passive for example. It seems like a very minor amount of points that would need to be shifted in order to create a perfect build for both. All that would need to happen is swap out skill gems and weapon set. Or am I way off on this?

My current passive tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdECcQSzDH0OSBB_EZYUTRcvGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHaoj9iQ8JKoksCaVJ6ko-ipbLYMvbzKJNuk8jkZxSVFKfVM1VUtVxlXWVvpXyVfiWfNabWTnZp5noG1sbXtvnnC7cql35XzZfXV_xoCkgwmG0Yd2j0aQVZMnlwabtZ2uoSKiAKJApwinXKeErKqv67QMtDi1SLiTu-PAGsM6xKLGnspKz2XQ0NN-1tHZE-GI42rlGeq66-7sOO4O73rv8PAf8930-Pba-tL7Cfv1_MX-ug==

I already have IAS and a frenzy charge from bandits due to my build before buzzsaw (20 reg to change bandit rewards is silly), so... seems legit? Thanks for any input.

Yes, you really could but theres not much synergy to be gained from swapping between ST and LA. I mean, in practice are you running LA on some map/mods and ST on others or maybe LA for maps and ST for atziri.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info