1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Jakabov wrote:
It's seriously problematic that the only permanent league is getting completely wrecked by legacy items. It would be fine if there was another option for permanent characters where the itemization isn't destroyed by this constant influx of unobtainable, overpowered items, but there isn't. What happened to the promises of many different leagues? Outside of races, the only options are the joke dumping grounds that nobody takes seriously, or 4-month leagues which feel pointless once they're halfway through. PoE marketed itself on being the ARPG with player-designed leagues and many options for playing modes, but that seems to have been a lie.

You can't please everyone no matter what you do with legacy. Diablo just trashed our investments by making them obsolete with bigger numbers in patch 1.0.4 1.0.5 and loot 2/RoS. Rage was high.

They could also retroactively nerf the stats like IAS nerf in patch 1.0.3 diablo but that causes rage too.

I think GGG reaches a good balance. Keep OP legs in perma leauge so you can be OP as hell and investment still pay dividend and no one get them in new leagues.

the problem is you have 2 options, start new every 4 months and new/casual players get nowhere or play standard and casual/new players get nowhere...

the problem with perma league right now is that its literally a dumping ground... and its getting spammed with new legacy uniques every 4 months =/... its too much...
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Fixed a problem that could cause crashes on certain Creative sound hardware.

Awesome! So no more -softwareaudio, I wonder if it is going to improve performance in cluttered combat by removing some load on the CPU.

"
Chris wrote:

Please note that we'll be updating the above notes over the next couple of days as development continues.

We're incredibly excited about Sacrifice of the Vaal and are really looking forward to you playing it later this week.

Hmm... that's suspicious...

Summoner and Searing Bond is my guess.
Thanks for another set of nerfs.

This week's patch notes:
1) More microtransactions to fund our beastiality fetish
2) Every popular build is now nerfed to the ground
3) Added 700 new skill gems, 698 of which are completely useless and we'll never buff them again
4) New areas with overtuned mobs, we probably won't nerf them until 50% of the hardcore ladder has been slain
5) More lore that no one reads
6) More unique items that probably aren't worth anything that only drop from inconspicuous parts of the game, better grind your ass off for bragging rights!
7) We've now given popular streamers the ability to spawn items at will

How does this game still have players? Or are they just trying to sucker in all the new players to get what they can until the new players realize how horribly unbalanced this game is.

Do us a favor and stop trying to cater to PvP when you can't even get PvE worked out.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
"
Pivovar wrote:
Ha, I was right, no fix to desync. Weird no one mentioned it yet, guess i'm the only one that cares about smooth gameplay?

As for the nerfs, ggg doesn't want you guys to have it easy killing stuff and they want you to take your time killing stuff, like really take a lot of your time to kill stuff. Because if you kill too fast you might get bored too fast, i guess they haven't considered the downside that if you kill too slow you'll get bored even faster (guess if someone does kill to slowly it's their build that sucks and it falls under ggg's design which is: "it's ok for some builds to suck" , but isn't the % of builds that suck too high?)

Maybe i over-exaggerated a bit but some build did get nerefed hard either by damage or cast/attack times and will fall under the over-exxagerated part.

I get what they want to do with their game, keep it old school and hardcore, but things don't work that way. They're bussiness making profit from microtransactinos but the sooner they realise that dissatisfied players won't buy them the beter.

So what do devs of games atleast in arpgs need to get in their head? It's quite simple really, reward player for their time, by not giving them crap, no upgrades, useless legendaries that don't even have any build enabling capabilities in a decent ammount of time. Decent being like 4 hours not 100-500 hours. That's the thing d3 got right with loot 2.0 imo, even though legendaries are now boa they atleast drop very frequently and the rare items that drop are usually usable aswell.

Just as in business time=money it goes aswell for players that they won't spend a lot of time on a game if they don't get enough fun out of it.

That's my take on it, you can either agree or disagree, but i'm sure all of you will partially agree.

The new loot system of Diablo will make the game boring. It's far too easy to become overly powerful. When people get to point of not really being able to upgrade their character... THAT is when it gets boring.
"
Sarik wrote:
No fix for Minion snap shooting with un-equiped gear?

Any plan to "fix" this or it is a feature?

Yeah, BM snapshot Summoners are the most powerfull thing in this game by far, and they didn't touch it, I don't get it.
[Removed by Support] If you don't like the game you don't have to play it ya know. The game is supposed to be harsh and unforgiving. If you don't enjoy that, you don't have to partake. And all of the balance changes were well justified in some way.

Keep in mind PoE is a FREE game. [Removed by Support]

Also QFT:
Spoiler
"
mushioov wrote:
"
LeTwix wrote:
After reading the comments, I'm thinking that this patch will be twice as effective as I'd anticipated.

All the entitled man-children and otherwise deliberately idiotic folk crying for "buffs rather than nerfs" will hopefully follow up their threats and leave this community.

POE is the haven of all "hardcore" gamers (whether they actually play on "hardcore difficulty" or not), since it is the only RPG with an intricate skill system, depth in its gameplay style and, most importantly, the CHALLENGE IT IMPOSES. The difficulty level of this game is one of its key features. Players seeking only "easy mode" grinding will, to my pleasure, flock over to diablo (and stay there -- or not).

DISCLAIMER: I've played ALL of the Blizzard/Activision franchises, and have enjoyed them each for what they where, and POE is, although from the same genre, a completely DIFFERENT kind of game, and must stay this way.

TL;DR: This game revels in its difficulty and complexity. If you want "buffs" or "ezmode" go play other games than host such things (Like d3, which, again, quite the successful game in that respect).

Finally, keep in mind that unique items are intended as an added flavor to a build, not quite it's most necessary piece (with few exceptions). Generally, a GG rare will surpass even the best rolled unique. Those whose tears flow as rivers after reading the notes, remember this: Koam's Heart was a MUST HAVE unique for ALL builds, only a while ago. After its "nerf", build diversity and varied demand sky rocketed. These changes -- nerfs -- are beneficial in all things.

+200 - Friggin good post. Whiners gonna whine, and their tears are DELICIOUS. PoE4Lyfe.
Just make it even harder please :-)
Pants of Textile
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Mar 4, 2014, 5:18:26 AM
"
LeTwix wrote:
After reading the comments, I'm thinking that this patch will be twice as effective as I'd anticipated.

All the entitled man-children and otherwise deliberately idiotic folk crying for "buffs rather than nerfs" will hopefully follow up their threats and leave this community.

POE is the haven of all "hardcore" gamers (whether they actually play on "hardcore difficulty" or not), since it is the only RPG with an intricate skill system, depth in its gameplay style and, most importantly, the CHALLENGE IT IMPOSES. The difficulty level of this game is one of its key features. Players seeking only "easy mode" grinding will, to my pleasure, flock over to diablo (and stay there -- or not).

DISCLAIMER: I've played ALL of the Blizzard/Activision franchises, and have enjoyed them each for what they where, and POE is, although from the same genre, a completely DIFFERENT kind of game, and must stay this way.

TL;DR: This game revels in its difficulty and complexity. If you want "buffs" or "ezmode" go play other games than host such things (Like d3, which, again, quite the successful game in that respect).

Finally, keep in mind that unique items are intended as an added flavor to a build, not quite it's most necessary piece (with few exceptions). Generally, a GG rare will surpass even the best rolled unique. Those whose tears flow as rivers after reading the notes, remember this: Koam's Heart was a MUST HAVE unique for ALL builds, only a while ago. After its "nerf", build diversity and varied demand sky rocketed. These changes -- nerfs -- are beneficial in all things.

+200 - Friggin good post. Whiners gonna whine, and their tears are DELICIOUS. PoE4Lyfe.
Just make it even harder please :-)
Great changes, the nerfs were all necessary, however...

Like some others have said, I wouldn't have minded some buffs to random, rarely used gems that nobody uses. At the very least it would spark some new build ideas, because at the moment, players are only seeing a reduction in the possibilities, which is not what Path of Exile is about.

There's not enough "new" for people to try in terms of character builds, and it seems like no new skill gems either (besides the Vaal ones, of course). I think it's going to be difficult for players to find a playstyle they enjoy because they've mostly exhausted existing ones, and not much new was added to the formula (while many existing playstyles were actually nerfed).

Part of balancing is sometimes purposely creating an imbalance (by buffing weak things or otherwise) to create a diverse change in gameplay, promoting new ideas and builds that previously were not possible or thought of. Even if these things ultimately eventually get nerfed, when done properly, nothing will be that overpowered that will break the game, and ultimately, players will continue to use these ideas even after the eventual nerf that brings them in line. This patch didn't try to do that at all, restricting player creativity and fun from increasing, and leaving the game in much of the same state it was previously.

The thing is, this game has that potential, with many niche, unpopular/weak skill gems that can fill that role. However, due to their low power level (whether that be the fault of the gem, lack of proper items and/or mods, lack of skill tree support or otherwise) and GGG providing little incentive to explore further possibilities due to lack of change, the game will stagnate, and there will be less fun overall to be had due to it feeling like a repeat of the previous league. Like I said previously, even new skill gems could've filled this void, but from the looks of it, all we are getting are the Vaal skill gems, which are just an addition on top of what we already have due to their charge based nature.

I feel like more changes could've been done, and it would've been a lot more exciting to see radical changes rather than obvious nerfs that we saw coming (that promote nothing new in terms of gameplay, and in many scenarios, actually just demoralize players and make them feel helplessly nerfed). This results in the patch having a more negative tone, regardless of the new features provided by the expansion.
Last edited by Crevox on Mar 4, 2014, 5:14:04 AM
"
if u look carefully ..it re rolls the exact same stats..adding 2 more and changing the brackets of the mods..so it might actually be very good for a physical or spell dmg item that had low brackets before ..u could get higher brackets..or lower ..depending on ur luck

at least that is what i see

No matter how it re-rolls it the risk involved isn't really worth it on a 10+ exalt item...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Mar 4, 2014, 5:00:18 AM
"
nikals wrote:
[Removed by Support] If you don't like the game you don't have to play it ya know. The game is supposed to be harsh and unforgiving. If you don't enjoy that, you don't have to partake. And all of the balance changes were well justified in some way.

Keep in mind PoE is a FREE game. [Removed by Support]

its all fun n games until all those [Removed by Support] quit and ggg pulls plugs on servers because they are no longer making a fortune...

they are helping your so called hc game stay alive lol dont take them for granted.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Mar 4, 2014, 5:17:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info