1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Emrad wrote:
Awesome, now the skill tree :D

I'm surprised the Shadow area wasn't modified at all based on the one week races results.

"
Most spell damage, elemental damage and specific elemental damage passives have been improved.

Larger groups of critical strike multiplier have had some minor nodes removed.

Shadow nodes will most likely be buffed numerically, and a lot of the critical strike clusters around the Shadow area will be shortened meaning you can reach the notables with less points.
Bor nerf is ok, now its not a bis unique. Aegis nerf could be harder i guess 1% es restored would be fine.
LL changes are not completely clear for me.
The tears, the delicious sweet tears

Keep them flowing :)
i was quietly waiting for the new league, trying to get motivation to play only in hc...

Now that i read the patch, i'm impatient.
Heehee love the Vaal gem corruption mechanic. Fits in with the GGG's randomization policy, also an item sink if you roll a useless mod!

I'm a bit chuffed about nerfing my main 3x totem build via cast speed? I dunno what they mean by 'multiplicative'? Hopefully its no longer 30% reduced, but now proportionally 30% less (as in its now multiplicative reduction, rather than additive?)
Its going to be a huge nerf, for me its a drop from 1.5 casts per second to 1.2. (1.8 casts per second without totem) :(

Ah well, Hopefully the elemental and crit damage makes up for it.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
Peripherally wrote:
Wow. RIP to all new players, you won't be able to do much of ANYTHING compared to older ones.

I cannot fathom what GGG expect to achieve with all the legacy-creation. As older players get ever more stronger and farther ahead, just what do new players have a chance to get? Shafted? Again and again each time you "improve" and "balance" the game?

If you want to remove something, or change anything, the ONLY way it can be appropriate is if its across the board and applies equally to everyone. Making it a first-come-first-serve heaven for the oldest members of the community totally trounces all the newcomers. I don't have all the answers as to how you would keep those oldest members happy, but I can promise you: new ones will be completely put-off to learn they will never be able to afford the most useful version of items they want for builds they want to make (unless they resort to RMT, which is supposedly prohibited). Why play then? The only logical course is to quit and find something else (or, as mentioned, RMT).

I am not gonna even bother trying out new builds in standard anymore; its a fucking cesspit of untenable unfairness. I hope no one else does either, and standard just dies off like the cancer that it's becoming. Maybe then there will be some newbie-friendly changes for once, one can hope.

--- of course, I'm assuming legacy items continue to exist as they have been...they may not, in which my rant is misplaced ---

I gotta agree with you. I've mostly agreed with GGG's decisions, but in the terms of legacy items, I think they should be removed too.

Standard league is still much fun to play, but I feel that legacy items hurt this league more than it helps it.

For instance: I don't like the fact that people who found a unique item just before a nerf is considered a rich man.

Global nerf would help Standard league :-)!
IGN: Caydranth
So is spec throw bad now?
maligaros nerf... what?
OH MY GOD
This patch looks beautifull, GGG thank you <3

What I like in it :

- reduced early game spectral throw = that was needed, thanks !
- nerf Vaal Pact overall or ES and make it a more viable option for life builds, nerfing leech still = leech still needs further tweaking, but that's a huge thing already !
- nerf crit mults : ohhhh ! I've been asking for a crit tuning down for ages, this is finally happening. Next step : the crit mults from the skill tree please ?
- buff ES : thanks, it needed some love :))
- buff elemental dmg : some balance around double curse and monster res would have been better to me, but this works too :>
- nerf AA : finally, I don't have it but there it's not difficult to see how unbalanced that was. It's making plenty of new legacy items though.
- nerf Saffel : I've been asking for this also for ages ! this is great, now can you please tune down the elemental bosses please though ? T_T

GGG, this patch is beautiful <3
The game will still needs a lot of balancing of course, but this is the way to go to me =)
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Whoop! Whoop! :-))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info