1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

Thanks GGG! You guys are doing a really good job! Please be always this awesome.
It's seriously problematic that the only permanent league is getting completely wrecked by legacy items. It would be fine if there was another option for permanent characters where the itemization isn't destroyed by this constant influx of unobtainable, overpowered items, but there isn't. What happened to the promises of many different leagues? Outside of races, the only options are the joke dumping grounds that nobody takes seriously, or 4-month leagues which feel pointless once they're halfway through. PoE marketed itself on being the ARPG with player-designed leagues and many options for playing modes, but that seems to have been a lie.
Good job by GGG to nerf some annoyingly strong uniques. Also the Invasion league seems to be much harder than the previous Nemesis, which is great imo.

Even tho i planned Scion ST build, im happy that the life notes in the center are reduced. Honestly this will make the game more dynamic as you will be able to snatch few life notes and continue your path to other char's tree part (templar for example).

I'm bit sad about the ST nerf tho, as melee fan i love the range that ST offers. One thing is bothering me - what do you mean by "Spectral Throw is now dealing 46% WEAPON DAMAGE". I tho the previous 60% was referred as BASE DAMAGE (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spectral_Throw). Seriously you don't mean to exclude dmg bonuses from rings or other gear for example. Or is it that other bonuses will be added without any percentage reduction? This might compensate the weapon dmg reduction to a certain extent.

Also you say that at level 15 ST will deal 60% wep dmg, so basically there is reduction only in the early stages of the game to prevent fast levelling, cuz ST is cheeky tool for levelling at least from my experience. At the moment ST has only one improvement point through levelling - its the projectile damage, but now i suppose we'll improve the wep damage% as well. So after ST gem get level 15 the skill can only get stronger ? Hopefully im right :).
Last edited by Seigi_ on Mar 4, 2014, 5:10:33 AM
"
Fixed bugs with font keming

Sorry i don't understand, somebody can explain me ?
"
Jakabov wrote:
It's seriously problematic that the only permanent league is getting completely wrecked by legacy items. It would be fine if there was another option for permanent characters where the itemization isn't destroyed by this constant influx of unobtainable, overpowered items, but there isn't. What happened to the promises of many different leagues? Outside of races, the only options are the joke dumping grounds that nobody takes seriously, or 4-month leagues which feel pointless once they're halfway through. PoE marketed itself on being the ARPG with player-designed leagues and many options for playing modes, but that seems to have been a lie.

nailed it.

path of temporary leagues.
"
LeTwix wrote:
After reading the comments, I'm thinking that this patch will be twice as effective as I'd anticipated.

All the entitled man-children and otherwise deliberately idiotic folk crying for "buffs rather than nerfs" will hopefully follow up their threats and leave this community.

POE is the haven of all "hardcore" gamers (whether they actually play on "hardcore difficulty" or not), since it is the only RPG with an intricate skill system, depth in its gameplay style and, most importantly, the CHALLENGE IT IMPOSES. The difficulty level of this game is one of its key features. Players seeking only "easy mode" grinding will, to my pleasure, flock over to diablo (and stay there -- or not).

DISCLAIMER: I've played ALL of the Blizzard/Activision franchises, and have enjoyed them each for what they where, and POE is, although from the same genre, a completely DIFFERENT kind of game, and must stay this way.

TL;DR: This game revels in its difficulty and complexity. If you want "buffs" or "ezmode" go play other games than host such things (Like d3, which, again, quite the successful game in that respect).

Finally, keep in mind that unique items are intended as an added flavor to a build, not quite it's most necessary piece (with few exceptions). Generally, a GG rare will surpass even the best rolled unique. Those whose tears flow as rivers after reading the notes, remember this: Koam's Heart was a MUST HAVE unique for ALL builds, only a while ago. After its "nerf", build diversity and varied demand sky rocketed. These changes -- nerfs -- are beneficial in all things.

+1000. Would like to add that I'm amazed at all responses about "punishing" new players and the urge from some players to nerf specific builds. Looks like ppl forgot its a PvE game, essentially all players are allies! Why would one play this game? To obtain the best item on the server or to crawl dungeons, slay monsters, progress and enjoy tuning your hero into a beast?

PvP? Nice option to see how a certain build performs against other players, good reference. Balanced PvP, where being the best means having the best skills instead of being the luckiest? There is Starcraft, LoL or whatever other game that is designed -and balanced- specifically for PvP.
Hmmm is there any reason to nerf totems? I don't really get it, you already nerfed totems in one of the last patches. Totem builds were still playable after that patch, but not really enjoyable anymore to play. And now it will be nerfed again? :/ I don't play anymore totem builds since the last big patch, so I am not conerned, but however I want to know why this nerf?

I can accept the fact that rare and magic items will have no more iiq, so that was ok for me, I was a bit disgusted, but ok it is how it is, but reducing 30% iiq of uniques items? Just remove it complitely instead of removing it step by step, thats ridiculous. If you wanna really remove something, so do it, but please stop doing it by this way. It is just annoying to see the nerfs in every patch again and again until it isn't there anymore.
Last edited by Afura on Mar 4, 2014, 4:50:25 AM
"
Peripherally wrote:
Wow. RIP to all new players, you won't be able to do much of ANYTHING compared to older ones.

If you want to remove something, or change anything, the ONLY way it can be appropriate is if its across the board and applies equally to everyone. ..

LOL

do you not realize there are 4 month leagues where everyone starts off EXACTLY the same ?

empty stash, no items, no characters, no mules

you really don't understand this game at all

new players will want to play in the NEW leagues where they start off the same as everyone else

if they started in Standard or Hardcore they would already be behind, even if GGG deleted 1/2 the existing items from existing players

so OF COURSE they are going to want to start in the 4 month leagues, where they will be on equal footing, and they will will build up wealth just as everyone else does

LOL

"

whoever is in charge of actually balancing items at ggg is not doing his job very well, im also curious as to whether anyone actually tests anything before its released officially?

seems to me if ggg was doing its job there wouldnt be so many legacy items.

also in regards to "man-children" comment, how do you think a game would stay afloat with only a small handful of people? it takes masses to keep these things going, you think if ggg wasnt making a fortune off this game they would keep developing?

@underlined: I just had the exact thought few minutes ago. It's absurd how one item can be "revised" over and over resulting in MULTIPLE legacy versions. How about using some basic logic the first time around, not making it too powerful or too weak to begin with? Either its too much or not enough, and the middle ground gets completely lost.

For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
Predicted Aegis Aurora change exactly

Still didn't buy one though, oh well lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info