1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

not worth qqing but im calling it as i see it.

reading through pages of this thread and based on my own experience, seems GGG's bent on treating standard 'dumpster' league exactly like that ==>> 'dumping ground' they seem to want everyone to be fooled enough to just repeatedly create and start out with new characters every 4 months with the new leagues and bombard these new leagues with all the perks, so to speak of new content.

they dont care if your existing character in the dumpster league become useless, as they will try to entice you and tell you that all the perks and good stuff they recently crafted are in the new temporary leagues, where they get to milk more out of you.

well, starting all over again every 4 months is not my idea of fun (i.e. as the saying goes, time is gold) and it starts to get arduous to a point for casual players like me, though i must admit the new content makes it a little bit more tenable.

when i first joined, i was defaulted to domination and had a blast and started playing the game regularly. eventually i learned that the default leagues are temporary and will be migrated to its parent dumpster league after 4 months. i still said it was cool as i can continue with my progress there and get to experience new contents after a few months. but lo and behold, GGG just crashed that idea with all these changes, as i believe a lot of player's builds in the dumpster league have been ruined to the point that they either have to grind/spend rmt to rebuild and hopefully find a new build they can enjoy.

so i tried to start again in the new ambush league, im trying to endure it last night and dont know if i will again tonight (i.e. currently looking for a new game to open my wallet to)...

coz deep within, though to a much much lesser degree (i.e. this is still just a game after all and not worth qqing), it feels like having your house blown away by a hurricane and have to start all over again.

what a waste, and will GGG care?

Last edited by patataz on Mar 6, 2014, 1:01:51 PM
Hmm my marauder build seems to be missing 800 hp after patch and leech doesn't work too well anymore...seems like added fire gem gets replaced with LGOH now for survivability.

Looks like max block just became important..

trying to figure out how to compensate for less dmg now...

I shall drink wine and think of a strategy...

I think we should get 3 Respecs which have to be used within 24 hours of the first one being used. This will eliminate b!tching I think and higher acceptance of our nerfed (i mean revamped for the better good) builds

That is all
"
Vince85 wrote:
I think we should get 3 Respecs which have to be used within 24 hours of the first one being used. This will eliminate b!tching I think and higher acceptance of our nerfed (i mean revamped for the better good) builds

Excellent idea!!! But i would like to think that making it unlimited respec in the dumpster leagues for a couple of days or even a week (i.e. not everyone plays daily) will help alleviate the situation a bit for those intending to continue playing the game.
"
patataz wrote:
"
Vince85 wrote:

Excellent idea!!! But i would like to think that making it unlimited respec in the dumpster leagues for a couple of days or even a week (i.e. not everyone plays daily) will help alleviate the situation a bit for those intending to continue playing the game.

It'll never happen for 2 reasons.

1.) Regrets would be garbage.
2.) All the elitist people (and people who just wait, and copy someone else) who will scream NO! YOU PLAY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND YOU LIKE IT!

I spent 3 and a half hours yesterday researching how to respec my scion, who did not get a free optional resepc. It was a mandatory respec. And, since it was mandatory, the moment that I placed my points, and hit Apply, I lost the free respec.

Now, I knew that was going to happen, which is why I spent so much time going through, and parsing things with the build summary tool on Pathofpoe.

But, it's absolutely frustrating. While Ambush is interesting, and the corrupted areas are... ok I guess, and the Vaal gems are... whatever they are, and there is an option for "corrupted gear" or something, I just don't feel like there was much "positive" for phys damage builds in this patch.

Lost HP. Lost Damage. Wasted points traveling. It's just a step backwards for physical builds, and doesn't work to address the core problems of why there isn't more build diversity.

There aren't more Ele WEapon Damage builds, because there are a grand total of 9 ele damage weapon nodes in the tree, far flung across the rest, and if you try to get to the Elemental Nodes, you end up trotting around Spell Damage as Cast Speed, and going completely out of the way to make it work.

Casters, got some of their nodes restored back to their pre-NERF THE BEJEEZUS out of them state, while Life got butchered, and the hybrid HP/Damage nodes were cut.

This wont promote build diversity.

Making something weaker, while not presenting a true counterpoint, will not do anything to improve the quality of the under represented builds. People will still flock to physical damage builds, because they are (even with the gutting) better represented than the other options.
I've been asking for the change to VP for months. CI + VP had an unfair advantage. If you disagree, then you never made a life-based VP build. I made one with legacy koams, 6k hp, and it was not viable. Meanwhile a new player is rocking VP with a 500 es chest they payed 4 chaos for and doing great.

Also, the change to VP will nerf many OP toons dps, which will help re-balance the game.

Thank you GGG for recognizing and fixing this.
"
beefnuggy wrote:
I've been asking for the change to VP for months. CI + VP had an unfair advantage. If you disagree, then you never made a life-based VP build. I made one with legacy koams, 6k hp, and it was not viable. Meanwhile a new player is rocking VP with a 500 es chest they payed 4 chaos for and doing great.

Also, the change to VP will nerf many OP toons dps, which will help re-balance the game.

Thank you GGG for recognizing and fixing this.

My post was not in response to the VP change at all. My post, was in response to the changes to the marauder / duelist portion of the tree.

I've never played VP. VP doesn't interest me. I wont argue for, or against those changes.

My problem, is with the rework of the marauder / duelist portion of the tree, and the sizable hit that builds that utilize that area took, in terms of HP, Damage, and Attack Speed.

So, while the VP change may re balance the playing field in some areas, the Leech change, as well as the hit that this area of the tree took, really put a beatdown on things, in particular, Health Pools of Characters that used that area.

ANd the changes are just not good. Sure, you can stack armor a lot easier now over there. Yay. Great. Armor. It's still not enough to be a quality of life change, since armor scales so terribly in the most deadly situations. This, coupled with what is at best just a 30% reduction in Health available in that area of the tree, is just off putting.

At this point, I'm looking at having to spend more regrets on my 83 scion, so that I can try and pick up some passive mana regeneration, or start sporting a mana flask again, because 4% mana leech, isn't enough to continuously support my build, under the current leech configuration.

No matter what solution I go with, it's another hit to the survivability of the character. I'm either going to have to give up DPS (which was already nerfed), More HP (which was already nerfed), or an HP or Granite Flask, to make it work.

It's frustrating.

While I can appreciate the changes that they made to true balance concerns (BM Spectres, if the VP nerf was needed, I'll take your word for it), but the rebalancing of the marauder area, duelist area, and the Scion Life Node Passive gutting was.... handled poorly.

Just a few things that I can easily point out:

Scion Life Node wheel is now point for point the worst Life Nodes on the tree (ok, maybe they are as bad as the ranger ev/life nodes) You can move over to the marauder area, and get nodes that are the same amount of HP, AND come with another stat.

Removal of Hybrid Mace / Life Wheel, and replacing it with Staff / Mace Wheel. I just have to stare at this replacement wheel and say What. THE. HELL. Mace and Staff? Staff? People really make a lot of melee builds out of staves? REALLY? I have.... Never had a staff roll anything remotely respectable for a Physical DPS weapon. Most of the time, I let them rot on the ground, they are just a terrible item. Too much variation exists. But I digress.

Wouldn't the more sensible solution have been to make one of the existing 10 staff clusters into a hybrid staff / Mace wheel?

Or, just "Add" this cluster, instead of removing the mace cluster? Currently, Mace is the only weapon type without a dedicated cluster in that little area. Sure, you can go around the tree, over by Res Tech, but that's more travel, as compared to where they were.

ON top of, this area was just changed / revamped in 1.0, and now we are certain that this area needed it again?

Sorry. I'm frustrated. I'm really frustrated. Because the one Mace Wheel left in the area still sports some of the worst Mace Nodes, and we lost HP + MAces. And we lost Flat HP Values. And we lost a lot, and there doesn't seem to be some form of tradeoff available.

I lose.

On top of the fact, that I was running this as a Scion, so I just got kicked in the jiblets twice over this. My Starting passives gutted. The Life Wheel gutted. THe marauder / duelist area gutted.

I had finally broken level 80 on a char. I had never done that before. I got to 73 pre-anarchy, swapped to anarchy, and made it into the 60's on a couple of characters, never really setlling on a style. Domination comes along, and I get something together, that clicks. It works. It was my build. Done my way, and it worked.

And now, I'm stuck trying to cobble it back together, and I'm mad. I wasn't sure if I wanted to play Ambush. It sounds fun and all, but I REALLY wanted a chance at capping my character, and now I'm not sure if that's possible. With the loss to Damage, Health, and Leech, I'm not sure I can continue to progress in maps the way that I had been.
"
Vince85 wrote:
Hmm my marauder build seems to be missing 800 hp after patch and leech doesn't work too well anymore...seems like added fire gem gets replaced with LGOH now for survivability.

Looks like max block just became important..

trying to figure out how to compensate for less dmg now...

I shall drink wine and think of a strategy...

That is all

Funny, I am down about the same life on my Ranger. I am guessing it has to do with the Marauder life nodes that got nerfed and moved too far for me to get now. My dps went up, but I am wondering if moving points from DPS to life will be worth it since the life nodes seem low as in not enough % to make up 800 life, and the dps nodes are offering around 1500+ dps.

I think they should at least offer temporary respecs for micro-transactions, maybe $5. Or add an NPC that takes currency for a full respec.
Shame that there is no additional servers with old patches. For example in D2 ive never used to runes. Just didnt like the idea and felt annoyed because of them. So i reinstalled the game, found some niche servers with low patches and finally start to have full fun again.
The same with WoW Cataclysm and Lineage 2 C5. Just found some good privates and once again felt like home.

I would like to see some posibility of patch downgrade and additional servers for it. Yeah, i know - impossible.
Last edited by doman18 on Mar 6, 2014, 4:05:58 PM
"
doman18 wrote:
Shame that there is no additional servers with old patches. For example in D2 ive never used to runes. Just didnt like the idea and felt annoyed because of them. So i reinstalled the game, found some niche servers with low patches and finally start to have full fun again.
The same with WoW Cataclysm and Lineage 2 C5. Just found some good privates and once again felt like home.

I would like to see some posibility of patch downgrade and additional servers for it. Yeah, i know - impossible.

There may be one day, games die especially server based ones and people sometimes take up the slack with their own servers. This game is server based to start with which means no account is safe really and by safe I mean you wont be able to just load up the game and play your toon when you want, eventually the servers go down with all your gear.
Be nice having a single player offline version though, with the option to revert back to previous patches.

typo edited
Never come between a man and his goals or ambitions because in all things we made choices, changing that makes the choices pointless as well as futile and is there any thinking/non sheep orientated man willing to accept futility as fun?
Last edited by wadler on Mar 6, 2014, 5:12:34 PM
The life leech nerf has destroyed many builds. Mine took a pretty severe hit. After the mandatory respec my build is very similar with about the same life and DPS, some more armor with the same gear and auras, and 1% increase in elemental resists. But... my tankiness is no longer what it used to be. My build is a lowish DPS and tanky Lightning Strike build that relies on life leech to stand against a group of mobs. Last night on maps, I had to keep leap-slamming away from mob packs that previously would not have been an issue to recover.

I also have to wonder why new content was all low level stuff. Is GGG interested in keeping my interest and my business or not? As it stands, I do not plan to spend any more money on this game unless GGG shows me that they care about people who want to develop one or maybe two characters at most, do not want to deal with continual nerfs and respecs, are more interested in developing a build and style rather than optimally min-maxing their characters for every new twist, and who would like new content for their characters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info