Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Full Information

The Vaal Orb could open up some interesting crafting tactics. I foresee using them on my second best items, and selling them if they don't corrupt-roll the way I want.

... Oh, yeah. The trade system is still awful. Nevermind.
Visit PoExchange.org
Trade orbs. Avoid trade chat. Awesome.
Purely awesome!
You won't have my gear.
Can you roll more then 6 mods on items as you can on maps with the vaal orb? or is there no info about that yet?
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
will we see the new skill tree before russia re arm there nukes and its to late?
That Culling Strike Sword is fucking sexy...
I so need that trailer soundtrack.
So much hype
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
"
Timonist wrote:
The Vaal Orb could open up some interesting crafting tactics. I foresee using them on my second best items, and selling them if they don't corrupt-roll the way I want.

... Oh, yeah. The trade system is still awful. Nevermind.

I thought they were overhauling that in the update too. To be 'not great' instead of 'fucking terrible' but every journey starts with a first step.

Also, do we know what happens if you hit a support gem with a Vaal Orb? There are some with some nice q effects I could stand to see above 20%, like melee splash.
"
Drahken wrote:
why are people calling for yet another skill tree update? the skill tree is fine you just want respecs.

LOL. I am one of those, but I've kept my mouth shut cuz I know it.

HOWEVER... it WOULD be nice to see the Shadow area re-balanced to be less glass-cannony, but I guess maybe that is the point of that character. If you want a dual wield tanky melee character, start a duelist, right? I've noticed the best builds are reverse-engineered: the whole tree is considered, along with gems, gear, playstyle, and leveling... and depending on those factors, a character class is chosen.

I'd not complain if the Shadow starting area were beefed up just a tad or some paths were made more efficient near him (acrobatics, or adder's touch, for example), as had been done in the Ranger and Duelist starting areas in late beta. And also maybe those few areas that no builds ever seem to touch or even consider... But overall, yeah, the skill tree isn't really OUT of balance. It could stand a few improvements, but it's not really a major issue.

You know what WOULD be nice? one notable passive in each corner of the tree that would buff Solo play -- like, "when playing solo, earn XP as if you were in a party with +1 other players" ... if someone actually DID find a way to make it round the tree to grab all 6 of those nodes, that character would earn XP at the same rate within or out of a full party.
"
Drahken wrote:
why are people calling for yet another skill tree update? the skill tree is fine you just want respecs.

They have mentioned that they will be adjusting the skill tree in the past, for example I believe they have said that they would make it easier in some ways to transition between one class area of the skill tree to another.

People are asking for an update to the tree in order to be able to prepare themselves and plan their builds for the mini expansion. This should be obvious. They are not demanding a change, because it will be changed somewhat, or added to, they are simply asking to see it, to see the up-to-date version.
Last edited by RotInPieces on Mar 2, 2014, 12:41:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info