Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Full Information

"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Adser wrote:
Wow, adding another random part to crafting AND making it a final decision, if crafting was already ridiculous, crafting good Vaal items is going to be plain impossible.

The rest of the changes are interesting, but making the game even more of a gamble is a big turn off for me.

How is crafting a good Vaal item going to be impossible? You craft your item, which ironically is the impossible part (except for the rich), and then when done use a Vaal orb. Vaal orbs do not harm the item in any way. You may not get an improvement or what you want, but the item will not be made worse, which is a vast improvement over crafting with regular currency items that wipe out existing sockets and links.

See above, but THAT remains to be seen.

As I understand it, a Vaal Orb can:
- reroll the mods or add mods
- recolour the sockets, maybe reroll the number and the links
- Change implicit mods or add one
- do nothing
- maybe change a white item into a rare item
Last edited by t_golgari on Mar 1, 2014, 8:09:20 AM
If u can't un-roll corruption via eternal imprint, it would make alot of people pretty sad I'm sure about it (I'm one of these people). I dont see any reason why would they make it un-restorable, I mean, ultimately its gonna be another layer of crafting which fulfils their intentions of making original items worth the time spent crafting em. The problem is - if a vaal orb rerolls the item completey via corruption and u wouldn't be able to restore it, u are done, lol.
On the other hand, if u can, holy shit eternals gonna jump in price like crazy.
Last edited by ZhenyaDM on Mar 1, 2014, 8:11:32 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
They are still making a game they would want to play.

I just wonder how much time they have (or don't have) to actually play the game, and see what they have wrought.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Vaal orbs are actually good for poorer players since they dont have money to craft/eternal godly gear anyway and its really nice in early game stages, because you will drop most of your gear anyway and with vaal orbs you get some bonuses before you do that.
When i use Vaalorb on

it can be change the implizit? or make a one more add? so 60% + vaal implizit?
Really nice additions imo.. But my question is however, will the drop rates on the orbs be high enough so we could use them while leveling, or will they be the new high tier currency?

Anyway, looking forward to the expansion and a new league! Looking good so far :)
Oh my god the day has come that no moron managed to post at the first page ! Is this really true, did the 'first-second-third' idiot clan lose ! WTF !

Anyway, can't wait to play in both leagues ! Invasion seems brutal, everything can happen at any time, things like Caliga in terraces if I read that correctly ?!

Corruption looks like one of the best additions in the game for a long time, very clever, funny and will keep everyone busy for a long time !

Great job guys, 15 days and my eternal payment plan will be completed, you earned it !
So. Fucking. Hyped.

The new leagues seem fun, though I kinda wish the lockboxes were in Invasion as well. Still, perhaps this time I'll roll a character in both leagues.
Would anybody like some... POUNDCAKE?
Perfect!
IGN: Kira_Dan
This all sounds like an interesting addition to the game but somehow I more and more have the feeling that GGG just don't care about "normal" solo players when I have to read stuff like: "As corrupted areas require some effort to find and have mods that make them more difficult than normal, you'll often want to invite friends to help you clear the area."
I did not find any hint about removing the annoying death-penalty that is the only reason why I can't enjoy hard mobs and maps like I wanted, or infos about fixing desync, so again it is a little bit questionable what GGG actualy wants, they know that players will die under these circumstances and it seems that they WANT that players die. I thought they want that (solo) players have fun but at the moment I'm not sure anymore...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info