[1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable

I don't remember his name, but there was a guy who played a Scion Acro version of Poison Arrow and it was very successful. He used a blood magic gem, and I remember a good amount health regen and used vitality and Grace. To make up for the loss of a gem slot he used double LeHeup.

I do not know how you can use mana and go Acrobatics, though. You will be using a ton of gear or node resources to make it happen and gain no defensive benefit, just sustaining.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
trapnaRrr wrote:
This is what i was planning to do (acro/phase) and not going into witch aera.

110 pts tree
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILgBeGY7tg_66fXXTfsSiu-OiQPT4oSLPerIZMgGbJpu1GYpJE5Mf5liJ4MM6Fr8Pq1M1YeImlVVLy73mgQMeBiMfQWyMnapirGf8rUpSr9DQRwbb57TFu03dX6c09vxS7IJeKlvC7NQjBbU6Qkt43agwce4O73pNkiP2o4qNfUp945-Hdmeg_MVW-taKfyswfOpijX62QU4qW6_dDXXLt7a-p0d-vTZlTYTZ1fjEuI2_-uuS815FGo_22vsJyAy00XaC44TAnFFHIuro1sDjS1fxs2-eykqDCQ==

I'm kinda worried about mana because no EB and how much dps I will lose without that 12% area dmg node.

Maybe using Alpha's for a little extra mana. Right now I don't have any mana problem but I'm not running Grace yet. Only Clarity.

The tree is cool and all, but remember pierce cannot go above 100% so its most efficient to avoid the +30% pierce chance with a 20/20 gem and drillneck (10%). Take the 5% pierce 5% projectile damage instead for more overall dmg.
"
Asidra wrote:
I don't remember his name, but there was a guy who played a Scion Acro version of Poison Arrow and it was very successful. He used a blood magic gem, and I remember a good amount health regen and used vitality and Grace. To make up for the loss of a gem slot he used double LeHeup.

I do not know how you can use mana and go Acrobatics, though. You will be using a ton of gear or node resources to make it happen and gain no defensive benefit, just sustaining.
I'll ask my friend again for his tree. He has the ranger mana flask nodes so I guess he's using a mana or hybrid flask. But he really has no problem, face rolled Death and Taxes the 1st time he did it, double shrine piety and palace dom two days ago, etc...

edit: here it is: acrobatic PA archer (duelist start)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Mar 1, 2015, 12:15:18 PM
"
Frankenberry wrote:

The tree is cool and all, but remember pierce cannot go above 100% so its most efficient to avoid the +30% pierce chance with a 20/20 gem and drillneck (10%). Take the 5% pierce 5% projectile damage instead for more overall dmg.

With a 20/20 pierce gem and drillneck implicit, you have 85%. Just taking the 5 pierce 5 damage nodes wont get you to 100% thus you still need the 30% node for max pierce. And once you take that the 5/5 nodes become just 5% dmg which is very inefficient.
Sorry for the double post but Sidra, it's been bothering me that the build is only "likely HC viable". I was first thinking of making a seperate thread as a PA guide for the hc and bloodlines leagues but that might get buried.

Presenting: improved HC build with more life, more evasion, more mana regen and no minion nodes! http://poeurl.com/zfLQOi3

Same PA setup without the 6L, the 6th link is weaker than an open prefix anyway.
No fire trap, low dmg and waste of sockets on the body armour. Using vaal lightning trap for bosses/guardian bloodline packs/union of the soul packs if needed.
Blind linked to skeleton spell totem instead of minion dmg/life. Blink arrow for bad situations.

Sustains lvl 21 AA (+1 lvl as off socket in bow). 6020 life and 1859/3754 mana. 343 mana regeneration per second. 17801 cloud dps with a lvl 27 PA in a 5-link bow. Surpasses the 50% evasion threshold versus lvl 78 monsters. Overcapped for elemental weakness and 50% chaos res in hideout.

Character screen in merciless.
Spoiler

Current gear and links:

Spoiler

Flasks for general use:

Anyway, are you interested in videos of twinned bosses (palace/maze/courtyard/crematorium/shrine) and maps like Olmecs/D&T to put in the main thread.

Also, build version with lightning coil at lvl 96.

http://poeurl.com/zf4wxoH

You can switch between Charisma and Influence depending on your health/mana ratios. The build using charisma will have less evasion and mana regen but more unreserved mana. Since I have good enough gear I can go with less % less reserved mana and take the increased aura effect nodes.

If I can get even better gear (unlikey in Bloodlines at this point, weakest pieces are amulet/gloves/belt and coral ring) I can go lightning coil and put an increased AoE gem in a 6L bow to make up for the carcass loss. It would add a 22.5% flat physical mitigation while getting a bit less life (no revenge of the hunted) and less evasion.

Anyway, the only thing that could 1-shot me is double or triple dmg mod lvl 78 Na'em spears. Try to avoid spawning him in such maps!
Last edited by Aleehuk on Mar 3, 2015, 4:58:53 PM
"
Aleehuk wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

With a 20/20 pierce gem and drillneck implicit, you have 85%. Just taking the 5 pierce 5 damage nodes wont get you to 100% thus you still need the 30% node for max pierce. And once you take that the 5/5 nodes become just 5% dmg which is very inefficient.
The idea would be to get all nodes in cluster except piercing shots. Chance to pierce is then 95% and the cluster nets you +40% increased damage for 6 points instead of +35 for 5 points. It may look cool at first but in the end I'd rather save the point for something else.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
"
"
Aleehuk wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

The idea would be to get all nodes in cluster except piercing shots. Chance to pierce is then 95% and the cluster nets you +40% increased damage for 6 points instead of +35 for 5 points. It may look cool at first but in the end I'd rather save the point for something else.

What Panini said. No you should not get piercing shots (in any build at all, if you can get 95% pierce chance without it, it is never worth it).
Last edited by Frankenberry on Mar 4, 2015, 7:07:00 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:

What Panini said. No you should not get piercing shots (in any build at all, if you can get 95% pierce chance without it, it is never worth it).

It is worth the QoL of being able to guaranteed pierce mobs for extra clouds.
Also if you look at my lvl 96 tree right now I have open 10% dmg nodes or 4% life nodes to grab. Even at lvl 100 I wouldnt take the 5%dmg/5% pierce nodes as they're really that bad.
I could get 10% dmg and 10% pierce for 2 points or capped pierce and a different 10% dmg node for the same. This also allows me to use a 4% chaos res corrupted drillneck later once I find one.
@Frankenberry: you misunderstood me. I prefer to take Piercing Shots, because 3 points in cluster gives 35% increase vs 40% for 4 points. Imho, a passive point spent for 5% increase damage is badly spent.

edit: this is even more true in a physical build using drillneck, because there's a profusion of better nodes to take, like 10% projectile in Fury Bolt cluster or 10% physical in shadow start, or the first node to master fletcher (well, for a physical build Master Fletcher makes more sense than Piercing Shots anyway).
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Mar 4, 2015, 1:00:19 PM
Hey i am currently playing your build in Bloodlines and its awessome.

I am level 83 currently and hit level 2 on my empower gem so i can go high level maps.
Gotta say i feel very survivable with 4.5k life 1.5k free mana 9.5k evasion and level 18 AA.
Only issue i got is, i dont feel the use of the zombies tthat much since everything dies so fast. Unfortunately the zombies too. Next on the line is to get the bow 6l, and then get a weapon swap setup for those pesky Ci chars in PvP.

Here is my Current Gear
Spoiler

How cant you run higher level of AA? I am currently at 260 mana reg and after upgrading boots and the topaz ring i should be able to run lvl 21.

Anyways, very nice build HC viable!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info