Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #1

Just my thoughy, not very probable as there would be some indicator on the screenshot but...
what if corrupted means that it lasts only for some time!
Not like the previous poster said that its until end of season as noone cares actually about std, but if it works like this:
You make your weapon corrupted (willingly as you are sacrificing it in some manner)
You got better rollz/stats
Disadvantege is that this weap is only usable for another 10-15-40hrs and then >pOOf< it dissapears ;)
You could stop the time counter by unequiping the item but the main scheme is.
Getting power for sacrificing the weap ;)
The best of this would be that this system would make a sinkhole for stashpiling currency and having shitload of top end itemz.
After all: How much will you sacrifice? ;D
Corrupted = cannot be traded?
"
danisonxtc wrote:
"
Diabolic_One wrote:
I Demand that there be Pants for the Expansion

yes 6 socket pants, no mods on them to not have to rebalance the game.

so that you can actually use more than 1 skill :)

Great Idée! with no stat pants but with sockets.
Some builds ex: like summoner, support with 6-7 auras you can barely fit anything else then auras and a shared 5-6 linked zombies/spectral, and that only because its still possible to snapshot summons (and if they ever take that away GGG would have to rework summoner somehow since it would be impossible to play (compared to other builds) without that function).
I'm gonna go for bad mods on items.
"Embrace the darkness"
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
guys
corrupted has nothing to do with White sockets

corrupted is the POE version of Ethereal item from Diablo 2
but since all items are already indestructible, they maybe will have the player directly because i doubt GGG add durability for those items XD

No definitely not the same as ethereal from d2. In d2 an eth base-item (plain) had an increased damage of 50% before any crafting starts. This sword does not have any increase physical base at all. It only has the increased flat phys that is actually rolled on it.

this :
Spoiler
"
stef4x wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
guys
corrupted has nothing to do with White sockets

corrupted is the POE version of Ethereal item from Diablo 2
but since all items are already indestructible, they maybe will have the player directly because i doubt GGG add durability for those items XD

This makes me think.
It defently could be kinda like Ethereal in the old leagues.
For Example all those powerfull legacy uniques (maybe they dont cause they are uniques) but defently like the IIQ items or stuff like that getting corrupted. So that you get a big disadvantage for using the advantage of IIQ.

But.. it still doesnt make sense for the new 4 months leagues.
Is corrupted just a bad luck drop?
Maybe your items turn corrupted in the Storyline, thus the reason to defeat atziri.
But why should it effect maps and areas than?

Or is it like Run a map with those Atziri announcement Headparts and you turn it "corrupted" and only corrupted items drop from that zone but like way better/more loot.

Now the question is how do you get rid of corrupted?

Do you have to kill Aziri each time in order to get rid of your corrupted gear?

Corrupted may be the term for multiple debuffs.
Maybe you loose a small percent of your HP per second.

Sadly the only way i can think of to remove Corrupted would be killing atziri since the items are corrupted from HER power.

But all of this just seems way to simmple to add it to the game. There has to be something more behind it.

Oh and guys..
I dont think there will be "white" sockets.
I think its just another Chris Troll aka. Chroll.
And if there are white sockets, he would be the last person to tell us that.
He is more like "yeah maybe there will be white sockets in the feature or maybe a vendor recipe for them has already been added in the past and they are already in game"
(3 Vendor Recipes from past updates haven't been made public yet)

Also we know that SotV is not going to be another act as Chris stated on reddit:
"
Act 4 is still quite far away - the acts take more than a year to make at our current team size. SotV occurs throughout all the existing acts.

Or maybe will there be like Atziri Clones? Less Powerfull than the real one but able to appear everywhere? Since she is from a CRACKED Mirror, which would cause a LOT of Reflections of her. Maybe they appear completly random in certain areas and all your drops there will be corrupted and the dangerous inhabitants of Wraeclast will be strengthened by the flow of her power and turn "corrupted" too.

I am sorry if you weren't able to follow what i just wrote since i am not a native speaker and may not have the largest pool of words to choose from.

Anyway some final words:

If there are white sockets, there is going to be a albino rhoa level which you can enter by selling like a fishing rod, an albino feather and a in all the other slots portal scrolls. (maybe not that many and maybe something different but its defently not going to be easy to find it out.)

Some smart ideas at last.. having to reroll to corrupt/uncorrupt item could be good.

edit : jerkan, i'm playing on a 2009 MacBook Pro on nem. Have done a 80+ and a handful of 70+. I know what your signature mean, but it kinda hurt :D
professional feedaz
Last edited by oVersaucisse on Feb 17, 2014, 3:30:33 AM
Wow one whole screen shot :)
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Twilight sword thingy finally going to matter.

M3 skill icon has a blood drop icon on it, I guess that's a corrupted skill gem?

Or its just in a white socket from a corrupted labeled item.
"
mrgrin wrote:
"
danisonxtc wrote:
"
Diabolic_One wrote:

Some builds ex: like summoner, support with 6-7 auras you can barely fit anything else then auras and a shared 5-6 linked zombies/spectral, and that only because its still possible to snapshot summons (and if they ever take that away GGG would have to rework summoner somehow since it would be impossible to play (compared to other builds) without that function).

Youre not supposed to run 6-7 auras at once...
"
mrgrin wrote:
"
danisonxtc wrote:
"
Diabolic_One wrote:

Those are choices.
I've a summoner 86 and another now at 51, never used snapshot.

While more sockets are nice, you don't need it at all.
For a tip, you can put 2 summons in one link to give them both the benefit of all the other supports, without having multiples;

I.e.

Skeletons and Zombies in a 6L: Min dmg, Min hp, Multistrike, Melee phys dmg, skeles, Zombies.

That right there frees up a lot of space.

With desecrate, and the new passive changes, you can even put both in a 4 link +2 helm, with just minion dmg/hp, or if you like multistrike/melee better that, and re-summon them as needed.

I think too many summoners have gotten into the habit of custom tailoring each summon, which is another choice, while running 6+ auras, and having each specter tailored, all via snapshot as the norm, when it's overboard, and balance-breaking, really. It opens up a power-level of character that is well beyond where it should be, not that it isn't nice, until they fix snap shots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info